Planned trouble for Sunderland game? (1 Viewer)

Astute

I normally go in the hospitality areas for away matches and have met some wonderful folk, and its good to get an insight into the other clubs and their players.

I am sure there are a great many wonderful Sunderland fans, and happy to chat to them
I love going in home ends at away games occasionally. You can have a good laugh. But I keep it to where I have mates or family that support our opposition. My biggest problem is when the ball hits the back of the net I can forget where I am :smuggrin: Still never had a problem though.

Can't see anything happening at the Sunderland game. Nothing has happened since that game that must be 40 years or more ago now. But of course they do have their idiots. Don't we all. Most of them that moan about that game were not even born til years afterwards. And those who were there would have a problem swinging their Zimmer frames.

Irish Sky Blue

I love going in home ends at away games occasionally. You can have a good laugh. But I keep it to where I have mates or family that support our opposition. My biggest problem is when the ball hits the back of the net I can forget where I am :smuggrin: Still never had a problem though.

Can't see anything happening at the Sunderland game. Nothing has happened since that game that must be 40 years or more ago now. But of course they do have their idiots. Don't we all. Most of them that moan about that game were not even born til years afterwards. And those who were there would have a problem swinging their Zimmer frames.
Cheeky! I was at that game and haven’t needed the Zimmer yet!

Sky Blue Harry H

Remember the end of last season at Notts County. I was in the pub with a bloke who knows some of the City old guard (IO Legion) and he was warning me to be careful as Mansfield, Forest et al were all turning out for a ruck. When I queried why Mansfield fans could be arsed to travel for this game, when we had already played at their place since the fracas at The Ricoh (i.e. any retaliation would have been at Mansfield) he was indignant and really believed it would happen. Nothing like a good old rumour with social media to spread it!

Nick

Administrator
Sounds like when a rival school are coming for a fight that everybody hears about but nobody sees

Sky Blue Harry H

Sounds like when a rival school are coming for a fight that everybody hears about but nobody sees

Yep - I've heard Grange Hill are heading for Cardinal Newman after school today - arranged by Tucker Jenkins on facebook apparently.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

According to the Cov City fans forum on Facebook there’s talk of Sunderland supporters planning some kind of trouble at the game. Talk of damaging the Jimmy Hill statue, defacing the hall of fame walls and to “smash up” the memorial garden. I find the last one hard to believe but it has been threatened apparently.

Some of the Cov lads on there are talking of defending the above mentioned.

I take it this game will be a highly policed match? Upto 6000 Sunderland fans heading to the game, so could be tasty.

Can we ban anyone that quotes the Cov Fans Forum on Facebook on here? It's full of total dimwits and only useful for streams.
I've seen us play Sunderland countless times and there was no more a rivalry whatsoever than if we were playing Derby or Blackburn or whoever.

Sometimes it's easy to think what's on Facebook, is reflective of the fan base but it's not. Just because some mong from Durham posts 'going to smash the Jimmy Hill garden up ennit' on the League 1 Banter Page (cringe) it doesn't mean that 5000 away fans are of that mindset. I

From our side, this is a social media generated rivalry by the same bunch of kids that sing SOTV when they weren't even born the last time we played Aston Villa. Then morons ring up BBC CWR and quote the Cov Fans Forum on Facebook :banghead:

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just leave them a load of blue drinks and chicken dippers they’ll be no trouble then.

Captain Dart

It'll end up being 12 chavs from each side throwing pasties at each other on Earlsdon high street again.
Can I suggest another venue. How about the Foleshill Road?

pastythegreat

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind that much if a Sunderland fan minding his own business sat next to me?

Not going to waste Bovril (do they do it again??)
As long as they're respectful It's never overly bothered me with away fans sitting in the home ends. If they were to sit in block 15 and cheer like fuck when they score then they deserve everything they get. But as long as they're only there for a better view or couldn't get tickets in there own end etc and don't act like cunts then it's fine.
I'll just wait for an opportunity to tip off the OB or a steward and have them removed as soon as

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mr Panda

I love football but I've always found it laughable and cringe worthy how so many grown men involved in the game allow their "passion" to turn tribal, resulting in violence and defacing other teams stuff.

Fucking weird.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

As long as they're respectful It's never overly bothered me with away fans sitting in the home ends. If they were to sit in block 15 and cheer like fuck when they score then they deserve everything they get. But as long as they're only there for a better view or couldn't get tickets in there own end etc and don't act like cunts then it's fine.
I'll just wait for an opportunity to tip off the OB or a steward and have them removed as soon as

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I think this too, quite like the idea of being sat next to an opposition fan at times, especially if I have mates who support the opposition it would be quite nice to watch it with them. In all the time I've been going, the only time I've ever seen any 'trouble' in the home end was against Worcester in the FA Cup a few years back. Some Worcester fans took it too far and a few lads took exception and Worcester fans were booted out. Even then it was mainly handbags.

Nick

Administrator
giphy.gif

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Nothing would surprise me from Sunderland fans.

Haven’t they just had that march organised by the Football Lads into Racism (whatever) the new EDL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I'd never even heard of this until you mentioned it, just done some googling, it's absolutely hilarious. There are grown men at these events.

theferret

All this fuss because Sunderland are bringing 4800. So what. Anyone would think they're breaking some sort of record. Their average away following last season was 1700, yet everywhere I look it's billy big bollocks stuff from them. Great numbers sure, but driven by that drop down a league, we're huge we are, novelty factor. No reason to be getting all giddy over it. Play at this level (and lower) for 7 seasons and see how many you take to Gillingham on a Tuesday night.

I predict no trouble (perhaps one or two idiots knocking around), none of them in the home end aside from one or two who will be invisible anyway, and a city victory.

Forever_Blue

Can we ban anyone that quotes the Cov Fans Forum on Facebook on here? It's full of total dimwits and only useful for streams.
I've seen us play Sunderland countless times and there was no more a rivalry whatsoever than if we were playing Derby or Blackburn or whoever.

Sometimes it's easy to think what's on Facebook, is reflective of the fan base but it's not. Just because some mong from Durham posts 'going to smash the Jimmy Hill garden up ennit' on the League 1 Banter Page (cringe) it doesn't mean that 5000 away fans are of that mindset. I

From our side, this is a social media generated rivalry by the same bunch of kids that sing SOTV when they weren't even born the last time we played Aston Villa. Then morons ring up BBC CWR and quote the Cov Fans Forum on Facebook :banghead:
The majority of what is said on there is utter bilge I agree, but when there’s talk of a memorial garden being targeted I thought people on here would want to know.
Ban me if you want, not that I give a fuck.

Grendel

The majority of what is said on there is utter bilge I agree, but when there’s talk of a memorial garden being targeted I thought people on here would want to know.

I can never recall any trouble at this fixture ever

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I was joking, I would probably be one of the first to be banned, for quoting John Harriot Football Agent.

It's not credible talk though is it. Someone sat in their mum's box room, posting on Facebook, is not a realistic threat to a memorial garden ffs.

SkyBlueDom26

Sunderland fans making threats about our great Jimmy and cov fans reacting, can’t see nothing wrong personally

Terry Gibson's perm

I am considering not taking my son that day just in case might see if the old man fancies it but he doesn’t get the Sunderland thing at all

Adge

Good luck to them if they want to sit in the home end. 99% of them will be genuine fans who have travelled miles for a 12-30pm ko that is on the box to watch their team. I have done the same and say in the home end at away games many times and as long as it’s not over the top celebrations I and I’m sure many others won’t have a problem with it.

Forever_Blue

I was joking, I would probably be one of the first to be banned, for quoting John Harriot Football Agent.

It's not credible talk though is it. Someone sat in their mum's box room, posting on Facebook, is not a realistic threat to a memorial garden ffs.
That was put to them, but some have responded saying it’s a real threat. Who knows, but if I had ashes scattered there I’d be taking it seriously. There’s a lot of older fans on that forum too, not just kids, who follow the City home and away and are not afraid of a punch up or two.

Nick

Administrator
If the frothing knuckledraggers actually want a scrap. There are plenty of empty fields by the Ricoh they could meet up in to have one.

Any "hardman" worth their salt would have values where that is way past the line, if on the remote chance it is a "real threat" it will be some little gimp in a hoodie, 7 stone wet through.

Tommo72

Load of bollocks.

Would go down as the most pathetic/disgraceful thing and they’d no doubt end up either getting a hiding or/and locked up. If you wanna travel four hours to a lunchtime kick off to do that then you have something seriously wrong with you...

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

That was put to them, but some have responded saying it’s a real threat. Who knows, but if I had ashes scattered there I’d be taking it seriously. There’s a lot of older fans on that forum too, not just kids, who follow the City home and away and are not afraid of a punch up or two.

Remember last season when for Notts County Away in the Play Offs, the Facebook brigade announced Mansfield were going to join up with Notts County, to give us all a beating?
Or when the Facebook forum assured us Lincoln were going to have a go at City fans in Lincoln town centre because of their rivalry with Nuneaton Borough?

Heard it all before.

Nick

Administrator
Remember last season when for Notts County Away in the Play Offs, the Facebook brigade announced Mansfield were going to join up with Notts County, to give us all a beating?
Or when the Facebook forum assured us Lincoln were going to have a go at City fans in Lincoln town centre because of their rivalry with Nuneaton Borough?

Heard it all before.
To be fair, I think their chippy did a job on me with chilli sauce. My toilet took a beating the next day.

no_loyalty

Any references to this apparent planned trouble on the Blunderland forums, or are they all just wanking over their big following?

Users who are viewing this thread