Piers Morgan leaves GMB (1 Viewer)

Grendel

View attachment 19126
That article shows only a snippet of the true picture. On Monday and Tuesday it’s share price was even lower. If anything it generated a buzz in ITV before it stabilised back to normal. It’s price now is no lower than it was before.

Do you think the share would have dropped at all if the weatherman quit?

Ccfcisparks

Do you think the share would have dropped at all if the weatherman quit?
Do you think the share price would have risen if Piers didn’t kick off? With piers there it’s consistently second best in the ratings to BBC Breakfast. He’s hardly pulling in tens of millions and millions

Nick

Administrator
He is interesting clearly and will be having million pounds contracts waived at him as we speak
That doesn't make him interesting though. It means he will just do something else to divide people and whip up a storm.

Grendel

That doesn't make him interesting though. It means he will just do something else to divide people and whip up a storm.

he’s more interesting than Ben Shaphard and it’s the definition of interesting

Ian1779

In what way is he a bigot exactly? I don’t like him but I think he’d be consistently obnoxious to anyone and like him or not he is interesting I suppose - I’ve never watched the programme I have to say
I’m not sure the assertion he is a racist is right either. Totally obsessed with Meghan manifesting itself as some kind of irrational hatred maybe....

SG21

The new bloke in charge of the BBC is a tory donor and the mash report laughs at the tories a lot I hear.

Evo1883

Tbh, the petition to get him reinstated (which won't happen) has some crazy numbers.

Evo1883

Apparently it’s left wing propaganda so it’s fair game.
Nah they shouldn't cancel it, it's all fair game and why not have somebody dedicated to mocking the government, its called Fun, I think alot of people have truly forgotten what light Hearted piss taking is all about

Everybody is wayyyyy too serious about absolutely everything

Ian1779

Nah they shouldn't cancel it, it's all fair game and why not have somebody dedicated to mocking the government, its called Fun, I think alot of people have truly forgotten what light Hearted piss taking is all about

Everybody is wayyyyy too serious about absolutely everything
I liked the mash report because I find Rachel Parris & Ellie Taylor really funny.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Apparently it’s left wing propaganda so it’s fair game.

It kind of is a lot of the time, with Norcott brought in just to give it balance. I find Parris quite condescending and seems to have a massive opinion of herself. Some of the stuff she does about men is really lazy stereotyping - she's almost a reverse Bernard Manning at times.

Nish is REALLY left wing and also relies heavily on a generalisation of white people. He even uses the catchphrase "y'know, white people!" I know it's partly ironic but imagine Norcott came on and did a similar bit relying on lazy stereotypes of Asians and just went "y'know, brown people" (I know he wouldn't - he's right wing but he's most definitely not a racist). He'd never work again.

shmmeee

Nish Kumar is a little annoying, I like Rachel Parris, TBH I think the condescending but is part of her act, and anyone Marcus Brigstock marries can’t be all bad. Not a massive Norcott fan, but he’s doing the same thing they are by caricaturing the other side.

If there’s a market for it, crack on. Though I can’t help but feel a show that’s basically the funny takes from Twitter that week in scripted form feels a little outdated.

skybluetony176

Makes you wonder if Frankie Boyles career at the BBC will be next. Followed by the red carpet being rolled out for the triumphant return of Jim Davidson.

TomRad85

I'm lefty and proud and always found the Mash Report remarkably unfunny.

Now, if they can cancel Mrs Brown and Citizen Khan, then we're really cooking.
The BBC comedy output is awful and has been for many years.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

The BBC comedy output is awful and has been for many years.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I liked Ghosts!

I might sound slightly reactionary now but, comedy's about being edgy, firing at targets, and it's hard to do that nowadays.

That said, not sure comedy's ever been that great bar the occasional series that keeps going, that distorts things. Onee thing with lockdown is I've been watching a lot of older stuff and for every Only Fools and Horses, there's a Love Thy Neighbour or Home Sweet Home. Used to find Three Up Two Down hilarious when I was little - it's bloody awful!

Oh, and on the politics, re-watching the Thick of It and of course they take the piss out of the government - which was Labour at the time of course, for the first three series, and they seem to presciently anticipate Corbyn in the last one! If we had a Labour government, comics would take the piss out of it, as it's the obvious target. Let's face it, the likes of Johnson, Gove and Rees-Mogg offer far more material for people to use than anybody actually manages to do effectively!

The main issue is the sheer amount of comics who end up getting a slot on TV, and most of them should stick to Village Hall gigs really.

Grendel

I liked Ghosts!

I might sound slightly reactionary now but, comedy's about being edgy, firing at targets, and it's hard to do that nowadays.

That said, not sure comedy's ever been that great bar the occasional series that keeps going, that distorts things. Onee thing with lockdown is I've been watching a lot of older stuff and for every Only Fools and Horses, there's a Love Thy Neighbour or Home Sweet Home. Used to find Three Up Two Down hilarious when I was little - it's bloody awful!

Oh, and on the politics, re-watching the Thick of It and of course they take the piss out of the government - which was Labour at the time of course, for the first three series, and they seem to presciently anticipate Corbyn in the last one! If we had a Labour government, comics would take the piss out of it, as it's the obvious target. Let's face it, the likes of Johnson, Gove and Rees-Mogg offer far more material for people to use than anybody actually manages to do effectively!

The main issue is the sheer amount of comics who end up getting a slot on TV, and most of them should stick to Village Hall gigs really.

Allo allo is on gold if you are interested

Grendel

Just turned up on Britbox, too. First couple of series were actually pretty good(!) then they descended to catchphrase and cliche.

Thing is most sit coms are really grotesque caricatures and absurd situations. Most that attempt to be edgy or “dark” are rather dull

shmmeee

Daily Mail being anti free speech snowflakes

Corporate censorship!! Cancel culture!! What about their free speech?!?!?!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Nish Kumar is a little annoying, I like Rachel Parris, TBH I think the condescending but is part of her act, and anyone Marcus Brigstock marries can’t be all bad. Not a massive Norcott fan, but he’s doing the same thing they are by caricaturing the other side.

If there’s a market for it, crack on. Though I can’t help but feel a show that’s basically the funny takes from Twitter that week in scripted form feels a little outdated.

Oh, I agree she ramps it up as part of a performing persona. Not different to how Boris does his bumbling. But when I found out she was head girl at a selective all-girls school I wasn't in the least bit surprised.

ajsccfc

Reggie Perrin is back on BBC at the moment, loved that when it was repeated in the 90s but also find it a bit disturbing, looking forward to rewatching to see if it still gives me the same feeling

Users who are viewing this thread