Picture I took tonight of the Ricoh. (1 Viewer)

play_in_skyblue_stripes

If someone slags the stadium off I reserve the right to reply.
It's a great stadium and to put it down because it's not owned by the club is just wrong.

Ricoh Arena is a great stadium. I much prefer it to Highfield road.
Any lack of atmosphere is down to Coventry fans themselves in terms of vocal support and numbers.

The atmosphere was awesome when it opened particularly the Reading game in 2005.

We must get back there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chiefdave

The biggest problem with the Ricoh is that we've been rubbish since we moved and everytime we've had a big crowd and potentially a good atmosphere we've lost.

I think you could pretty easily solve most problems with the Ricoh, close off the corners and back rows to condense the crowd. I would move the away supporters so they are in the opposite corner to where the players come out, might get a bit more atmosphere going if they're sandwiched between 2 lots of home fans and would mean home fans behind both goals. Put some building wraps up to make it more 'our ground'. Not huge things and the sort of thing the trust could get involved in if we ever move back.

torchomatic

Looks nice. Disappointing that ACL decided to torch it for insurance purposes though.

The Ricoh Arena with the sun setting behind it. So sad sometimes to look at. If you click on the link you can get a full 24MP version to save to desktop or background. I hope you like.

http://i.imgur.com/ZrfyW5E.jpg

torchomatic

I agree we must get back there but I'll always prefer HR. As you say it's down to the fans to create atmosphere and we've generally failed to create one since we left HR.

Ricoh Arena is a great stadium. I much prefer it to Highfield road.
Any lack of atmosphere is down to Coventry fans themselves in terms of vocal support and numbers.

The atmosphere was awesome when it opened particularly the Reading game in 2005.

We must get back there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

torchomatic

Ah, I've seen you and Astute use that a lot, so that's going to be your phrase of choice for the summer, is it?

You didn't get the dingy offices in.

Seriously though, nice pic.

Nick

Administrator
Also going on about the offices at Sixfields and what are they like, aren't the offices for CCFC split between Ryton and Courtalls now?

torchomatic

To be fair, I think he's lying down. Shame about the flash on the daisies.

Really good picture. I think the over growing grass tells the whole story of how the stadium is going unused

skybluepm2

Not a patch on the blissful tin surroundings of shitfields.

Great picture! Come on, admit it..all of you thought 'awww' in your head when you saw it didn't you?!

torchomatic

Nope. I want to go back there to watch my team but it's a building, not a fluffy kitten or anything.

...all of you thought 'awww' in your head when you saw it didn't you?!

Covkid1968#

Thats lovely...me and Mrs Covkid1968 love a bit of daisy chaining:D

italiahorse

Not one person on this thread has slagged it off because the club don't own it. You're just being an extremely boring and divisive prat.

So no one slags the Ricoh off on this board because it is owned by CCC. Or no one on this thread is inferring that we are not wanted there inferring it's not Sisu fault.

I'm trying to get everybody united in saying we all want to be there. Divisive ?

Read again dipstick

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
So no one slags the Ricoh off on this board because it is owned by CCC. Or no one on this thread is inferring that we are not wanted there inferring it's not Sosu fault.
Read again dipstick

Because they see it as a building and don't get wet over it or start crying? I don't think many people say it is a shit stadium, some people just say they aren't really fussed about it as a building if we aren't there.

martcov

Because they see it as a building and don't get wet over it or start crying? I don't think many people say it is a shit stadium, some people just say they aren't really fussed about it as a building if we aren't there.

I thought Joy is still wet about it? She was big time wet until ACL got the loan.

italiahorse

The point I'm making is that 99% of people would love to be back there regardless of ownership. SISU are slagging it off for their own aims and some people are saying the same effectively playing into their hands.

We should be united in saying we want to get back there.
Renting as a minimum, SISU as owners if you like or preferably, but unlikely, CCFC as owners.

We all know a new stadium will kill the club and hopefully SISU know that as well.

covmark

So no one slags the Ricoh off on this board because it is owned by CCC. Or no one on this thread is inferring that we are not wanted there inferring it's not Sisu fault.

I'm trying to get everybody united in saying we all want to be there. Divisive ?

Read again dipstick

That's exactly what I'm saying you boring prat. Labelling people sisu lovers is about as divisive as you can get you absolute fool, it's the same old drivel that you come out with on a daily basis.

torchomatic

Hourly.

That's exactly what I'm saying you boring prat. Labelling people sisu lovers is about as divisive as you can get you absolute fool, it's the same old drivel that you come out with on a daily basis.

torchomatic

The Gentleman

Yet calling someone prat or fool is seen as bringing people together.

ccfc92

Point me to where I said that. Oh I never, more bullshit. If someone labels others as sisu lovers they're obviously going to get a reaction.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by covmark

Last edited:

covmark

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by covmark

Dear god, where did I say it unites people, I know I called him a prat because that's exactly what he is.

Users who are viewing this thread