Physicality or class (1 Viewer)

blunted

What type of player should we go for? Last seasons Luton method big and physical or more with footballing ability. Ideally a mixture is best but with a limited budget should we sacrifice some of our footballing style for a bit of brawn. Obviously, good footballers win out in the end but you still have to have a tough spine. Tiki taki or route one? Interested in peoples opinions how we can progress quickly up this league. Was it Mowbray who said France won the World Cup because they could play but most players were over six foot. Strachan said something along the lines that his Scotland team did not win as his players were genetically smaller than the other teams. MR said the style had to change to a more route one as the pitches became less playable. Half a season sharing with the Wasps may well need more physical players.

D

Deleted member 2477

What type of player should we go for? Last seasons Luton method big and physical or more with footballing ability. Ideally a mixture is best but with a limited budget should we sacrifice some of our footballing style for a bit of brawn. Obviously, good footballers win out in the end but you still have to have a tough spine. Tiki taki or route one? Interested in peoples opinions how we can progress quickly up this league. Was it Mowbray who said France won the World Cup because they could play but most players were over six foot. Strachan said something along the lines that his Scotland team did not win as his players were genetically smaller than the other teams. MR said the style had to change to a more route one as the pitches became less playable. Half a season sharing with the Wasps may well need more physical players.
I think I would rather trust in MR to make the right decision than trying to quote Mowbray and Strachan. Both names I wouldnt trust to manage my kids Sunday team

slowpoke

The saying goes “a good big ‘un will beat “a good little ‘un. but then there’s no substitute for class. I do think though if we could get a big leggy centre midfielder it could make a huge difference to us.

CDK

To be fair second half of the season we switched from just playing out from the back to slightly more direct style and still played good football which helped tighten us up at the back without to much change to the team personnel wise with the exception of marosi.so I trust in robins and his staff.

Users who are viewing this thread