Phil Brown (1 Viewer)

Otis

Tisdale would be great in my opinion.

zuniga

Reid, Dowie and Boothroyd all had promotion to the PL on their CV.....

Adams did too.

Been down this road many times before. Just because a manager achieved promotion at another club doesn't always mean they are equipped to replicate it here. There is a big issue at Coventry City with our ingrained losing mentality and poor standards, that most managers have struggled to overcome in their time here, despite having success elsewhere.

Rather than go for someone who's done it before (at a club with less baggage than ours) I'd rather they look at someone with the right skills to improve our performances on the pitch. I don't think we necessarily need someone who will scare the players and give them all a b*llocking but someone who can nurture and enforce a style of play that breeds confidence from the players, to enable us to win games 3 or 4 nil rather than sitting back on a goal lead and inevitably throwing it away.

The lack of method on the pitch has been our downfall for a while now - we rarely score more than one goal, we concede far too easily, we rarely perform for 90 minutes which I suspect is a lack of confidence in the tactics that are enforced. I don't think it's quite as straightforward as our players needing someone to motivate or scare them into performing - I think the management need to look at themselves and consider why our players look so substandard and out of sorts almost every week against largely inferior opposition.

Winning games well breeds confidence, which ultimately breeds consistency - something we've lacked for a long time now. We really need to improve the standards on the pitch before we can achieve anything. Maybe Brown is the man to do that, I don't know. I would certainly prefer a younger, up and coming manager who understands the game rather than someone who has "been there, done that" and is possibly set in their ways.

Somebody like Tisdale would be perfect.

Otis

Summed up perfectly.

Not so sure bollocking them is going to any good.

Brown apparently sent his youth players up a fell at 6 a.m. one morning after a defeat and made them find their own way back down again.

And apparently it completely backfired on him.

blueflint

could be the man got to back whoever is chosen we need to support this rabble or go out of existance

Mucca Mad Boys

Yes having a promotion on his CV shouldn't guarantee Brown the job, but who expected Hull to get promoted that year!? They went on a cracking run.

Surely you'd pick the best qualified man for the job, Wise hasn't achieved nothing really (FA cup final, fair play, but it cost them in league) Brown is more, if not the most qualified than all the realistic candidates.

Otis

Why is he the best qualified? Because he got Hull into the Premier?

We are in league One. Preston were in League One. Brown failed in League One. He has that one bit of success.

Tisdale on the other hand has no less than 5 promotions under his belt. How does that make Brown more qualified?

WestEndAgro

I have said before and I will say it again Phill Brown is NOT the answer, not now not ever amen

WestEndAgro

Tisdale on the other hand IS the sort of appointment we should be looking for, Young, hungry, knowledgeable, articulate, forward thinking, progressive , successful, need I go on ?
We don't or should I say I don't want a old School manager. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Mucca Mad Boys

We are in league One. Preston were in League One. Brown failed in League One. He has that one bit of success.

Tisdale on the other hand has no less than 5 promotions under his belt. How does that make Brown more qualified?

Yes, true, he failed at 1 club, so did Fergie (not a comparison dw!) but he could succeed at CCFC. When we were interested in Rodgers, no 1 wanted him, including me, where is he know? We could be a break for the new manager.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Tisdale was relegated from league 1 also last season

Otis

Yes, I know that.

They are now 2nd in the table though. Still early days this season of course, so hard to say whether they will sustain that or not.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yes, I know that.

They are now 2nd in the table though. Still early days this season of course, so hard to say whether they will sustain that or not.
Ok was just trying to balance it out, when you said Brown failed in league 1 with Preston. Tisdale also failed with Exeter although it could be argued they were punching above there weight by just being there

wingy

The thing with Tisdale is its a masive risk for him to move to a team and club such as ours .He's working for a fan owned club ,steady as they grow the club back to where they were prior to financial armogeddon ,they will stick with him and by him and although relegated last year it seems they should bounce back .

stupot07

Yes, true, he failed at 1 club, so did Fergie (not a comparison dw!) but he could succeed at CCFC. When we were interested in Rodgers, no 1 wanted him, including me, where is he know? We could be a break for the new manager.

He also failed at Derby - a win ratio of 15.15% over 33 games

Otis

Makes even Andy Thorn look good! :D

He's failed three times and been sacked three times. Derby, Hull (failure after the success) and Preston.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Makes even Andy Thorn look good! :D

He's failed three times and been sacked three times. Derby, Hull (failure after the success) and Preston.
Depends if you think relegation from the premier league with Hull is a failure, on that logic Holloway failed at Blackpool

Diehard Si

Looks like this was a bit premature then, although the person that put it is convinced it's a done deal. Even mentions a 2 year deal and the objective of the playoffs.

Otis

Maybe it was agreed but then Fisher and Waggott looked on here and GMK and saw how many people were dead-set against it.

Users who are viewing this thread