Phil Brown (1 Viewer)

Diehard Si

Only 2nd hand info here but I'm picking up from Twitter ( from a guy who's been right posting the transfers just before they are announced ) that he's got it.

Wonder what they will say about him, how they will spin it.

Ok, he's marginally better than some names mentioned but I'd certainly rather pick a lot more candidates if it turns out true.

Otis

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Own goal number 432.

Otis

Even if he does, is 'okay' what we really need?

We need a revolution. Something that will bring the fans back. Without that we are still going to not make our budget and continue to lose money hand over fist.

We need inspiration and a complete overhaul and as I say, a revolution.

The most important signing since 1961 needs to be so much better than someone who we think will do okay unfortunately.

Covstu

Even if he does, is 'okay' what we really need?

We need a revolution. Something that will bring the fans back. Without that we are still going to not make our budget and continue to lose money hand over fist.

We need inspiration and a complete overhaul and as I say, a revolution.

The most important signing since 1961 needs to be so much better than someone who we think will do okay unfortunately.

Not sure who you are expecting Otis? Jesus, god, chez? If you want a revolution we have to break the mold and go for a massive gamble not a tried and tested. Maybe wise would have fitted that mold?

skybluedaze

Wise would have fitted the bill.

I didn't think so at first, but after thinking about it, i think he would have been a good appointment. I forget he took Millwall to the FA Cup final and got them a place in Europe! Unbelievable!!

torchomatic

A rather uninspiring choice if so, but would give him a chance to prove me wrong.

pusbccfc

Phil Brown thinks he's a teacher.

@richh87

Otis is convinced that to do a 'complete overhaul' you have to be some shitty lower league Manager who has about 3years in the game, with a half decent win percentage versus little more than pub players.

Apparently if you have a fail on your CV then you're shit - regardless of the great things you've achieved. Has anyone told Otis that Sir Alex got sacked by St. Mirren? Otis wouldn't have touched him with a barge pole.

Diehard Si

Seems to be a lot of contradicting info atm. I'm hearing he's got a 2 year deal in one ear and Sky saying no appointment until next week.

CovLis86

We have to back him if he's appointed... But I think majority of fans will not be happy with the appointment, and don't think the players would be either.

Otis

Otis is convinced that to do a 'complete overhaul' you have to be some shitty lower league Manager who has about 3years in the game, with a half decent win percentage versus little more than pub players.

Apparently if you have a fail on your CV then you're shit - regardless of the great things you've achieved. Has anyone told Otis that Sir Alex got sacked by St. Mirren? Otis wouldn't have touched him with a barge pole.

What a load of tosh.

And which 'shitty' lower league manager are you talking about? Chris Wilder? The man who has never been sacked and has a win ratio of 46% and has only had success?

Paul Tisdale? The man who has never been sacked, has 5 promotions and won manager of the year for league two? 39% win ratio and has only had success?

Brown had ONE successful spell, has failed since and has held THREE managerial positions and has been sacked from all THREE.

You are talking total rubbish. I have no problem with anyone coming here who has been sacked. My only provisio here is that if so it should be someone who has had success, then failed and then had success again. That for me would prove they have it in them to succeed again.

Someone who has had success and then failed twice since does not point to someone having the capability of having success again.

Last edited:

stevo_ccfc

Oh absolutely, back him all the way if he is confirmed.

But until then we can prefer other options

And there are so many better options, just appears that the board don't agree.

I still wouldn't be surprised If they announced someone unexpected and brown is a diversion
His name is leaked we don't want him, and the real target gets an easy first few months as he is viewed to be better than brown

stupot07

I didn't think so at first, but after thinking about it, i think he would have been a good appointment. I forget he took Millwall to the FA Cup final and got them a place in Europe! Unbelievable!!

Not really they didn't play any PL teams until the final.
3rd Round beat wallsall
4th round beat Telford
5th round beat Burnley
Quarters beat Tranmere
Semi beat Sunderland

Last edited:

Otis

Not really they didn't play any PL teams until the final.
3rd Round beat wallsall
5th round beat Telford
6th round beat Burnley
Quarters beat Tranmere
Semi beat Sunderland

Fair point.

I would like Wise here, but it is possible that any team can get to Wembley with a bit of luck and the right draw on the way.

wingy

This won't work or inspire ,sorry I've set my mind, I'll support the team as ever but this is for Sisu not the club or fans.

torchomatic

Spot on, Si. Good win ratios are nice, but don't really mean anything as they were with different clubs with different players and circumstances. I'm with Otis on this one, I'd like Wilder or Tisdale, but if it's Brown then well, it's Brown.

Oh absolutely, back him all the way if he is confirmed.

But until then we can prefer other options

Users who are viewing this thread