Petition For No Ban For City Fan (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

So pitch invasions are ok?

We used to do them all the time at certain positive occasions (usually staying up).

Seems the guy is a bit of a cock, so it's a moot point. But the "protest" itself I don't think deserves a lifetime ban. It's exceptional circumstances. He didn't harm anyone, he didn't give anyone the run around. By all accounts he was let on by the stewards effectively and was well received by the crowd. I think even the players realised that it was hardly going to change the course of the match.

Simply boiling it down to "pitch invasions" is a little simplistic.

This stuff means a lot to a lot of people, it's going to come out in weird ways. I don't think we should judge too harshly those who go off the deep end occasionally.

Johnnythespider

I think he should be banned from watching city at home until we return to the Ricoh, to call it a pitch invasion is somewhat overstating things, it was one fat, bald, middle aged man in a sisu out t-shirt making a protest that wasn't being covered by the why, when protest. Each to their own I say nobody got hurt. I'm off to sign the petition.

RoboCCFC90

Young man? This is the thread regarding the Arsenal pitch invader not the Crewe JPT pitch invader

Haha!! It was my way of being respectful, I could say silly old geezer if you prefer..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ashbyjan

If anyone knows how I can contact Alan Howe please PM me. There is media interest in this story and the BBC want to have a chat with him asap

RoboCCFC90

If anyone knows how I can contact Alan Howe please PM me. There is media interest in this story and the BBC want to have a chat with him asap

Try Twitter/Facebook just ask if there is anyone out there who knows him.

Hobo

he should not have done it in a game where opposition fans were being so good to us.

Perhaps he didn't see the Keep Off the Pitch sign? Should have gone to Spec Savers!

Astute

Be sure they ask him about his skinhead past.

It would get ignored by most reporters. Only the better ones ask the real questions that need asking. Not try to make him a martyr.

fernandopartridge

It would get ignored by most reporters. Only the better ones ask the real questions that need asking. Not try to make him a martyr.

It's not Jeremy Paxman asking an MP about his past. That photo is absolutely irrelevant to the story. You're talking about tabloid level reporting.

thaiskyblue

He had a unexpected supporter in " Pete from Stychele", he wrote an interesting letter in last weeks Coventry Telegraph, saying though he and the chap (pitch protester), are on opposite sides of the dabate, they both want only good for the club, and he ( pete ), wants to know how he can sign the petition.

Hobo

He says he wants all the fans to be united in protest. So why, when 5000 fans at Arsenal were showing a United front with the excellent Why and When campaign, did he have to go off on his own thing by running onto the pitch?

No sympathy.

RoboCCFC90

I am sorry to say that Mr Howe has no defence and will not be getting any sympathy from me for his actions, whether or not he did this because his belief is that Sisu have not run our Club to the best of his abilities in his eyes are irrelevant, you cannot run onto the field of play at any time and he should been well aware of the consequences before making that decision.

Although this comment does make me curious "People say I should not have run onto the pitch, but if others got off their backsides and stood up to Sisu, I wouldn’t have to do things like this." If this is aimed at other fans then I am sorry to say that this is the reason why there is a divide between so many fans and why that divide will remain on this forum and off it.

jimmyhillsfanclub

As Hobo & RoboCCFC90 have already stated, this fella appears to me to be trying to make it sound as if he, and he alone, is taking the fight to Sisu......

....yet he chose to potentially overshadow/disrupt the best & most united protest city fans have staged since the march with this one man pitch invasion....

We are all frustrated mate....but you made the wrong decision & now have to pay the consequences....

Tough shit.

That said....3 years + fine seems a little harsh to me considering the non-aggressive nature of his actions...

Nick

Administrator
Genuine question: Is it normal for clubs to put their own ban in before the courts?

I honestly don't know, I think they need to be seen to be acting upon it but no idea what other clubs usually do.

Maybe this fella can go back to kicking off outside Sixfields for the cameras and use "taking it to SISU" as an excuse.

RoboCCFC90

As Hobo & RoboCCFC90 have already stated, this fella appears to me to be trying to make it sound as if he, and he alone, is taking the fight to Sisu......

....yet he chose to potentially overshadow/disrupt the best & most united protest city fans have staged since the march with this one man pitch invasion....

We are all frustrated mate....but you made the wrong decision & now have to pay the consequences....

Tough shit.

That said....3 years + fine seems a little harsh to me considering the non-aggressive nature of his actions...

The lad against Crewe last season got three years, the problem is entering the field of play as a fan is deemed a gamble, you get your good ones like Alan Howe who don't endanger anyone and then you get people who punch Goalkeepers, all painted with the same brush.

Moff

Genuine question: Is it normal for clubs to put their own ban in before the courts?

I believe this is done by clubs, namely to stop an individual coming into the ground whilst waiting for the Court action to be resolved.

In this case did the club act in light of the individuals stance, or as instructed by their solicitors or the FA, or did they get pres sue from Arsenal to make a stance. We will never know? and the court has now made its decision.

wingy

I honestly don't know, I think they need to be seen to be acting upon it but no idea what other clubs usually do.

Maybe this fella can go back to kicking off outside Sixfields for the cameras and use "taking it to SISU" as an excuse.

you have evidence or Is this just your generalisation?

Nick

Administrator
you have evidence or Is this just your generalisation?

I am 90% sure it was him on the football league show but if I am wrong I will happily apologise. When I say kicking off, I am not saying who started it, just that there was a man who looked like him, in a SISU out t shirt arguing and pointing etc on the footy league show...

RoboCCFC90

I am 90% sure it was him on the football league show but if I am wrong I will happily apologise. When I say kicking off, I am not saying who started it, just that there was a man who looked like him, in a SISU out t shirt arguing and pointing etc on the footy league show...

Is this in relation to the incident at the first 'home' game against Bristol City Nick?

Users who are viewing this thread