Petition For No Ban For City Fan (1 Viewer)

Sub

Petition For No Ban For City Fan

By Covsupport News Service
Updated Monday, 27th January 2014
Views: 123
Coventry City RSS Feed

Petition Launched By City Supporters

There is an on-line petition aimed at ensuring that a Coventry City supporter is not given a ban for invading the pitch in order to globally highlight what has happened to Coventry City FC over the last year, which has been launched by some City supporters.

Alan Howe, went on to the pitch, in a totally non-offensive manner, during Friday night's FA Cup defeat at Arsenal to further highlight the plight of a club which has been forced to play its 'home' matches thirty five miles away in a row over the Ricoh Arena that supporters and club employees should never have been dragged into or had their lifes changed by.

To read more about the petition, please click on http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/alan-howe-no-lifetime-ban-from-football.html">Alan Howe - No Lifetime Ban from Football Petition

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/alan-howe-no-lifetime-ban-from-football.html">Alan

So you think a petition to not ban a supporter protesting against callous owners SISU will get a fair hearing by ........................ SISU

Sub

I don't think anything anymore I just posted it incase people want to help a fellow city fan who is a pissed of as the rest of us with what SISU are doing:(

mark82

He invaded the pitch during an Arsenal attack. The Arsenal fans were on our side and this could have turned them against us. Why should he not be punished?

Grendel

He should be banned

hill83

If I decided to run on the pitch in protest I'd be happy to take the ban that comes with it.

Edit: And that's not having a go at him, I genuinely would.

Astute

If I decided to run on the pitch in protest I'd be happy to take the ban that comes with it.

Edit: And that's not having a go at him, I genuinely would.

I fully agree Hill.

We all know that if you run onto the pitch during the game you will get a ban. So what happens if we all get together and managed to stop the ban? Would we do the same for the next one.....and the next one.......and the next one........

If one is let off with it wouldn't you have to do the same with all those that do the same? They would all be doing it for the same reason. And when some see nothing happen they will decide to do the same. We would end up with it happening every game.

We should leave it up to SISU to what they want to do with him. Hope they don't go for a life term or even hanging.

gouldberg

Sorry but everyone knows if you go on the pitch you get a ban and rightly so. I watched the game on TV and actually cringed when they said some guy from our fan base had gone onto the pitch.

The protest looked incredible and didn't need such a juvenile approach from the one individual. We were lucky it didn't make the broadcaster turn on us and therefore make the viewing audience turn on us.

He knew what he was doing, and that's that really.

hill83

I fully agree Hill.

We all know that if you run onto the pitch during the game you will get a ban. So what happens if we all get together and managed to stop the ban? Would we do the same for the next one.....and the next one.......and the next one........

If one is let off with it wouldn't you have to do the same with all those that do the same? They would all be doing it for the same reason. And when some see nothing happen they will decide to do the same. We would end up with it happening every game.

We should leave it up to SISU to what they want to do with him. Hope they don't go for a life term or even hanging.

giphy.gif

asb

Sadly I was listening to the game on the radio (5live) and his pitch invasion changed the commentary from a sympathetic tone towards the protest, to something less then sympathetic. They were talking about how wrong it was that as he was led away, and how the Coventry fans treated him like a hero. Until that point the commentary team was very respectful to the issues and the fans behaviour on all fronts.

He may have thought his actions would highlight the issues, what nearly happened instead is that the conversation went to crowd control, and the whole protest message was almost lost.

Sorry can't sign, I wish I could. I think it would cause copycat invasions. Protest peacefully and legally has to be be the only option.

Nick

Administrator
I wonder how much you could get away with with city fans if you were wearing a SISU out t shirt? Somebody should do some tests / scenarios.

"it is ok, we know it is illegal to punch this man in the face but he was wearing a SISU out shirt"

League1Tour

Silly thing to do lowered the tone of the protest, they never show pitch invaders on TV anyway.

Don't think many will be supporting him on this one.

JohnWH

My opinion is this:
A protester entered the field of play during a match (most likely) understanding that it would involve a ban, fines and/or jail time. He (probably) decided it was worth it, and prepared to accept consequences. From my understanding it was completely peaceful, to which I am relieved to hear.
However, on principle, I do not support on-field shenanigans. It is difficult to judge intent at the moment a fan crosses onto the field of play. Some individuals may be looking for a quick fame and streak nude for a good story; others are making political protests; and, unfortunately, others invade a pitch intent to cause injury to players or referees. It is this last scenario as to why entering the field should be taken seriously, and consequences meted out.

I am certain the individual had his best intentions at heart, and is most likely a "stand up guy" well respected by his family and friends. But, in this instance, he erred. I do believe in forgiveness, and so freely offer my forgiveness to him. This incident does not define the breadth of his nature and character.

ajsccfc

So you think a petition to not ban a supporter protesting against callous owners SISU will get a fair hearing by ........................ SISU

I don't think they have any influence on it at all in this case, from what I read it's the kind of general ban where you have to surrender your passport when England play away and all that kind of overblown stuff. It's harsh if he does get that punishment and hopefully they'll look at the circumstances and let it slide, but at the same time everyone has to know the risk by now.

Monners

Didn't come across well on the telly, and he is bound to know the consequences. As long as it isn't out of proportion as by the sounds of it he was failry passive in his behaviour.

Last edited:

ajsccfc

I think strictly speaking they're not, but as it's a lot of people and generally after the game's finished there's not really much action worth pursuing.

Macca

If there is no punishment then it is less effective as an action.

Surely the whole point is " I feel so strongly about whats going on that I am prepared to risk punishment to make my point?"

torchomatic

You must be mistaken, Nick. I think if you check the thread carefully you'll notice that it was Grendel who started hurling abuse around. Hopefully someone will helpfully start a poll on the subject.

I see what you did there, start hurling abuse to then moan when you get some back saying how nasty he is?

Astute

I see what you did there, start hurling abuse to then moan when you get some back saying how nasty he is?

Hang him Nick. Or at least life in prison.

Astute

You must be mistaken, Nick. I think if you check the thread carefully you'll notice that it was Grendel who started hurling abuse around. Hopefully someone will helpfully start a poll on the subject.

Good idea. The next poll can be to see who has their tongue up Grendulls arse the furthest :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread