Peterborough (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

How many of his goals were in the six yard box this season then?

For what it’s worth, I’m not too fussed we let him go. All’s well that ends well and all that. We don’t know what would have happened if he’d have stayed.

All I will say is keeping hold of Baka in the summer was a mistake as will keeping Biamou be this summer. I wish Robins would be as ruthless with these as he was with JCH, Stokes, Grimmer, Doyle etc
Think part of that is finding them a club if they are let go too. It's all well and good saying to Baka, ok can we mutually agree to cancel your contract, but if he hasn't got a club lined up to go to what are the chances of him saying yes.

D

Deleted member 11652

Think part of that is finding them a club if they are let go too. It's all well and good saying to Baka, ok can we mutually agree to cancel your contract, but if he hasn't got a club lined up to go to what are the chances of him saying yes.

We gave him a new contract in the summer didn’t we? That’s what I mean it was a massive error and we can’t make that same mistake with Biamou.

Cheers for avoiding the six yard box question you were wrong but I won’t rub it in👍🏻

Ccfcisparks

We gave him a new contract in the summer didn’t we? That’s what I mean it was a massive error and we can’t make that same mistake with Biamou.

Cheers for avoiding the six yard box question you were wrong but I won’t rub it in👍🏻
Lap dog, you have to give me time on the 6 yard box question. To help you, I've just gone and watched all his goals to get the actual numbers for you. He's scored 17 goals around the 6 yard area, 2 free kicks and 7 penalties if that helps. He has also missed 3 penalties for what its worth. Bless you, I didn't realise you struggled so much with using a computer. Maybe you searched up the wrong player? Perhaps next time get mommy and daddy to help you.

D

Deleted member 11652

Lap dog, you have to give me time on the 6 yard box question. To help you, I've just gone and watched all his goals to get the actual numbers for you. He's scored 17 goals around the 6 yard area, 2 free kicks and 7 penalties if that helps. He has also missed 3 penalties for what its worth. Bless you, I didn't realise you struggled so much with using a computer. Maybe you searched up the wrong player? Perhaps next time get mommy and daddy to help you.

So 17/31 around the six yard box? Wow he’s just a six yard box striker isn’t he. Couldn’t possibly score from anywhere else. Well done on doing your research and proving yourself wrong. Could probably have a career with science with that skill

Ccfcisparks

So 17/31 around the six yard box? Wow he’s just a six yard box striker isn’t he. Couldn’t possibly score from anywhere else.
17 + 7 penalties + 2 free kicks. So he has scored 5 goals that aren't tap ins or set pieces. Bless you, you aren't very bright at you. Did you even bother to view his goals before you made your claim?

D

Deleted member 11652

17 + 7 penalties + 2 free kicks. So he has scored 5 goals that aren't tap ins or set pieces. Bless you, you aren't very bright at you. Did you even bother to view his goals before you made your claim?

So 14/31 weren’t around the six yard box? Cheers for taking the time to prove yourself wrong

Ccfcisparks

So 14/31 weren’t around the six yard box? Cheers for taking the time to prove yourself wrong
Yes they weren't and 9 of them were from set pieces. Oh dear, Boosh wrong again, saying JCH has more to his game than penalties and tap ins.. Maybe go and sit on Grendels lap for half an hour and calm down.

D

Deleted member 11652

Yes they weren't and 9 of them were from set pieces. Oh dear, Boosh wrong again, saying JCH has more to his game than penalties and tap ins.. Maybe go and sit on Grendels lap for half an hour and calm down.

It’s okay you’ve had a shocker. Happens to everyone

Ccfcisparks

It’s okay you’ve had a shocker. Happens to everyone

giphy.gif

mark82

Was Biamou not basically all set to leave last summer after some falling out?

Wasn't a falling out. Was told he could leave but wanted to fight for his place. I'd say that decision worked out pretty well for him. Even if he's not kept on next season suspect he'll get a club higher up the pyramid than he previously would.

mark82

They just triggered his extension, not a new contract. Was probably the right thing to do at the time (pre-Walker) but he needs to move on now for sure.

Brighton Sky Blue

Wasn't a falling out. Was told he could leave but wanted to fight for his place. I'd say that decision worked out pretty well for him. Even if he's not kept on next season suspect he'll get a club higher up the pyramid than he previously would.

Thought Oggy alluded to something else or am I imagining something?

Hertsccfc

It was a mistake but hardky a massive mistake. It was a low cost option that didn't come off. Personally I wouldn't have kept him and I think the decision was based on a couple of good performances at the end of the last season. I think we are in danger of doing the same with Gyokeres. If we pay a fee that could be a bigger mistake in my view

ccfcricoh

I was happy we stayed up till i read this thread.

now i'm jealous of Peterborough and wish we had JCH scoring L1 goals for us all season.

I bet Biamou is gutted he wasnt playing in L1 with JCH, why score against Norwich/Derby/Forest when you could score against Northampton/Rochdale/Wimbledon!

Fair play to JCH but i dont miss him one bit and it was good riddance, also wouldnt have him back.

chiefdave

They have a small fanbase, not a lot of floating fans. If they sold them at £300 wouldn’t sell many more. Not good for the fans but makes sense from a business perspective
Reminds me of the quote for the president of Bayern Munich a few years ago.
Uli Hoeness said:
We could charge more than £104, let’s say we charged £300.

We would get £2m more in income but what is £2m to us?

In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes but the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.

We don’t think that the fans are like cows who you milk.

Football has got to be for everybody and that is the biggest difference between us and England.

Grendel

Reminds me of the quote for the president of Bayern Munich a few years ago.

Yes champions league winners versus Peterborough regarding income streams - great comparison

Grendel

Lol you pick the facts you want and ignore everything that doesn’t suit you. Must be a nightmare to try and debate anything with you. Burge league 1 keeper of the season are yiu gutted we let him go too?

Oops

Liquid Gold

You’ll blame him for that wow ok. 80% defender 20% burge
How many times have we had this debate though, there is always some mitigating factor that protects him. Those 20% Burge at fault goals start to add up over a season and end in a lot of goals, that's before you even add in the ones that are 100% his fault.

As soon as we added a competent L1 keeper to our squad those goals basically dried up.

Users who are viewing this thread