Peterborough (2 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

It was the ref's fault for blowing the whistle. No, it was Sunderland's fault for signing the defender. No, it was the Football League's fault for inventing the competition 130 years ago.

Anything to take some of the blame away from an error prone keeper making an error.

Look I rip on Burge as much as the next one but Flanagan was more at fault for it. You have half the people here saying ‘he should have booted it out’, well he tried and got closed down. Others think he should have dribbled it past the forward, well if he did that and got tackled it would a) be funny but also b) again see him get blamed for the goal.

Grendel

Look I rip on Burge as much as the next one but Flanagan was more at fault for it. You have half the people here saying ‘he should have booted it out’, well he tried and got closed down. Others think he should have dribbled it past the forward, well if he did that and got tackled it would a) be funny but also b) again see him get blamed for the goal.

he could have played it with his other foot and kicked out for a throw in

lifeskyblue

Poor back pass from defender; under hit and straight into keepers feet (should have been to side of burge). Poor decision making by Burge ...had a number of options.
All round defensive calamity.

Terry_dactyl

If a defender had made that clearance we wouldn’t be having this debate. He had alternative options which he didn’t take. One of which was easy - kick it into touch. It’s got to be his fault.

Funny as Ive never really been one to have a go at him but feel like I am now! He’s made a mistake.

rob9872

10 pages wow!

Almost all missing the bigger picture too that this is good news for us. If Sunderland stay down we should comfortably be able to compete with Lincoln or Blackpool at this level, Sunderland would have a far bigger budget.

Edit *Actually only half of them on Burge so I retract that, although the point remains that it's good for us.

Liquid Gold

10 pages wow!

Almost all missing the bigger picture too that this is good news for us. If Sunderland stay down we should comfortably be able to compete with Lincoln or Blackpool at this level, Sunderland would have a far bigger budget.
I'm hoping for Lincoln, Blackpool have competed at this level well before. Just think it will be a step too far for Lincoln.

Nick

Administrator
I assume you have never played football. It was a terrible back pass.

Yep I have. Hence I know it would have been easier for Burge to put it out for a throw and re-group.

He should have done better for their 1st goal as well to be fair.

Nick

Administrator
If you played football you would have known Flanagan should have also blocked off Johnson from closing down Burge.

Looks like he went to run across him.

The speed the striker was going if he touched him and he goes down it's a pen.

If in doubt, put it out is Primary School stuff.

Bugsy

I play football and and I know that burge was at fault. Several options he had and he chose that one

world cup willy and heads and vollies don't count...PUSB

It’sabatch87

Burge reminds me of Pickford for England I’m never confident when he has the ball at his feet or his reading of the game and kicking.

Bugsy

Well after seeing Pope's attempts at distribution I'd settle for Pickford every time

Pickford should be nowhere near the England team with that haircut alone...PUSB

BornSlippySkyBlue

10 pages wow!

Edit *Actually only half of them on Burge so I retract that, although the point remains that it's good for us.
Although Critchley at ‘Pool is one of only 16 UEFA Elite level coaches on the entire planet. Would be curious to see how they’d get on in the Championship should they make it.

covboy1987

No too balanced. Burge is shit always will be cos people on here say it’s so.
Think that some people have to look at fact - Lee Burge has just won the EFL league 1 goalkeeper of the season - that would ovbiously tells anyone that the football people agree that he is the best goalkeeper in league - he cannot be that bad

Garryb80

world cup willy and heads and vollies don't count...PUSB
It was the patronising tone implying that everyone who plays football thinks the same way. Just because someone has an opinion doesn't make it right. Hard as that may be for some on here

clint van damme

If it was such a bad back pass surely any keeper would immediately see this and kick it into the stands? Or are you suggesting Burge didn’t recognise it as a horrific pass...and can’t read the game?

That's exactly what happened. Very poor pass that burge then tried to clear to the last place he should have tried to clear it.
They'll never get out of L1 with the likes of burge and Flanagan on their books.

Bugsy

It was the patronising tone implying that everyone who plays football thinks the same way. Just because someone has an opinion doesn't make it right. Hard as that may be for some on here

alright calm down Gary Bannister...PUSB

Garryb80

You just used ‘I played football’ to support what you said. He’s in the top 20 or so all time PL scorers, think he knows a thing or two about goals
Was he a goalkeeper then must have missed that. I used that line as I was told if I played football I would know it wasn't Burges fault. But it was and I do

Bugsy

Users who are viewing this thread