Peterborough (1 Viewer)

harvey098

No I don't disagree with that either. His path has led him to be worth that much. But what we would have at an absolute minimum is a better option off the bench currently. If you look at it that way it's not a glaring error, but it still is one, in my eyes.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Do you think so? Do you really think JCH would’ve had the character to accept playing the role of 3rd fiddle without disrupting the squad?

Since we sold him we won the league and finished 16th in the championship. How much higher do you think we would’ve finished by keeping him? I genuinely can’t see us being any better off. He doesn’t fit our style of play and I don’t think he’s a good enough championship striker to change our entire system for.

We as a team are better than him as a striker. The only mistake was the sell on fee (lack of).

TomRad85

Do you think so? Do you really think JCH would’ve had the character to accept playing the role of 3rd fiddle without disrupting the squad?

Since we sold him we won the league and finished 16th in the championship. How much higher do you think we would’ve finished by keeping him? I genuinely can’t see us being any better off. He doesn’t fit our style of play and I don’t think he’s a good enough championship striker to change our entire system for.

We as a team are better than him as a striker. The only mistake was the sell on fee (lack of).
I really can't be bothered to go over old ground. Robins didn't realise what he had/didn't use him properly, Peterborough would probably ask about 5 million for him now. It was an error, Robins can make them and no i don't want his head on a spike and yes we've been absolutely fine without him.

Sky Blue Pete

I really can't be bothered to go over old ground. Robins didn't realise what he had/didn't use him properly, Peterborough would probably ask about 5 million for him now. It was an error, Robins can make them and no i don't want his head on a spike and yes we've been absolutely fine without him.

More than fine

kg82

Yeah that's why you look to see what's in front of you.

Kick it out of play if that's the case. If he had moved to the ball rather than being so static it would have helped too.
Think he took a slight step back when the ball got played, probably thinking it would be played more forcefully. On the back foot. Funny though! Poor old Sunderland 😂

Frostie

No it’s believed the managers vote for it isn’t it. Lol. He messed up he’s an average keeper at that level

No, it's voted by an independent, EFL appointed panel around February/March time ridiculously I believe (when Sunderland were flying & keeping loads of clean sheets).
Agree though he's an average, lower end L1 goalkeeper, should never be first choice in a top 6 side - especially one with Sunderland's budget. Does a lot of good things but makes so many costly errors.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah that's why you look to see what's in front of you.

Kick it out of play if that's the case. If he had moved to the ball rather than being so static it would have helped too.

The defender sold him short, just like that ridiculous goal we gave at Preston.

Nick

Administrator
The defender sold him short, just like that ridiculous goal we gave at Preston.

He didn't really though did he? He could have gone to the ball and cleared it quicker
Put it out to the side for a throw
If feeling really brave just dummied it to make the attacker jump and then go to the side and clear it

You don't boot it straight at him.

Ccfcisparks

He didn't really though did he? He could have gone to the ball and cleared it quicker
Put it out to the side for a throw
If feeling really brave just dummied it to make the attacker jump and then go to the side and clear it

You don't boot it straight at him.
It was a horrific back pass from the centre half, Burge could have been quicker but the CB has done him no favours with that pass

Liquid Gold

The root cause of that goal wasn’t him, is my point.
It was the ref's fault for blowing the whistle. No, it was Sunderland's fault for signing the defender. No, it was the Football League's fault for inventing the competition 130 years ago.

Anything to take some of the blame away from an error prone keeper making an error.

Bugsy

Lee Burge's best mate's grandmother's, grand daughter's, cousin's, sisters fiancés, nieces boyfriend told me he done it on purpose because he hates them Mackem cunts...PUSB

Ccfcisparks

Horrific?
Yes it was horrific, absolutely no pace on it what so ever. Don't understand why the defender let the ball drop over his head either rather than heading it away. He also could have made an angle to receive the ball off Burge again, and he could have blocked off the forward after making off the pass. Not saying Burge is blameless but to not acknowledge the awful play from the defender is clueless. Anyone who has played football to a decent standard knows it was probably a 70/30 split in blame for the Defender.

Liquid Gold

Yes it was horrific, absolutely no pace on it what so ever. Don't understand why the defender let the ball drop over his head either rather than heading it away. Anyone who has played football to a decent standard knows it was probably a 70/30 split in blame for the Defender.
It was a poor ball, it was never horrific. Horrific would be if he booted it towards the far post. The keeper had more than enough time to rectify what the defender did. Insane overreaction to absolve Lee Burge, It's 2018 again.

Terry_dactyl

Yes it was horrific, absolutely no pace on it what so ever. Don't understand why the defender let the ball drop over his head either rather than heading it away. He also could have made an angle to receive the ball off Burge again, and he could have blocked off the forward after making off the pass. Not saying Burge is blameless but to not acknowledge the awful play from the defender is clueless. Anyone who has played football to a decent standard knows it was probably a 70/30 split in blame for the Defender.
If it was such a bad back pass surely any keeper would immediately see this and kick it into the stands? Or are you suggesting Burge didn’t recognise it as a horrific pass...and can’t read the game?

Ccfcisparks

It was a poor ball, it was never horrific. Horrific would be if he booted it towards the far post. The keeper had more than enough time to rectify what the defender did. Insane overreaction to absolve Lee Burge, It's 2018 again.
Poor ball or horrific ball it still didn't do him any favours. He was still to blame for it as well. Read my previous posts on Burge, I was never a fan of him, but theres more to him in this situation.

Liquid Gold

Poor ball or horrific ball it still didn't do him any favours. He was still to blame for it as well. Read my previous posts on Burge, I was never a fan of him, but theres more to him in this situation.
a good keeper takes a bad situation and makes a good decision, a bad keeper takes a bad situation and make it worse by making another of his litany of errors.

Nick

Administrator
It was a horrific back pass from the centre half, Burge could have been quicker but the CB has done him no favours with that pass

It really wasn't horrific, if it was that horrific Burge wouldn't have even got a touch and the striker would have been one on one.

Users who are viewing this thread