Peterborough (Home) Match Thread (3 Viewers)

covcity4life

Majority of our games till xmass vs teams in bottom 12 right noe I think?

Only sheff utd and gills in top 13 we ain't played

Not that it.means we will definitely win but things looming good. Crazy gsme could have been doom and gloom today if lost 2 nil

D

Deleted member 4439

I'm probably going to get slated off the back of one of the most enjoyable second halves I seen/experienced for a while, but having seen the posh goals played back on Goal Express I do think that our fortunes ahead will depend on a Reda replacement.

And as we may have to rely more on scoring goals than defending then. has been already commented, we need to do a lot of work on corners.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Wow what a second half lost my voice

Phillips was a different player second half. Job was brilliant and Fleck,vincelot and Armstrong motm for me.

Fisrplay Murphy. Shit all gsme but mowbray kept him.on and he made the 2 big assists. The first 1 qas truly special

Hugged my oldest friends dad for the winner
Come full circle as he was thr one who persuaded my Asian parentsto let me go to a game aged 10 when they though footy was all hooliganism.

Today was a good day!

What did your friend think of that? More to the point, what was the dads reaction? :D

nunchuckas

Arise Sir Vincelot!

Man of the match by a long way IMO. Vincelot was a fucking machine today, man of the match despite Armstrong bagging 2. Him and O'Brien grabbed us by the scruff of the neck in the second half.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

JOB man of the match. Took the game by the scruff of the neck everything went through him,his passing was on a different level to the first half and the other players responded. He chased everything looked to play the ball forward looked to shoot talked to the younger players encouraging them, we are adifferent team with him. Final note we definately need an experienced cb as soon as possible,

Astute

There's no denying that. But he saw the errors, and did something about them. That's what makes him different from his predessessors

He said that the players and system he chose didn't work in the first half didn't work because they didn't push up like he wanted them to. So he made a couple of changes using the same plan.

fernandopartridge

Last two games at the Ricoh isn't it?
They weren't in this league our first year in league 1 and we drew 2-2 with them in the relegation season.
Sorry I misread your post, hadn't realised we played them in relegation season. So they've scored twice against us on 5 occasions and got one point!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Somebody said they hope Mowbray doesn't become blind to Fortune's shortcomings. Granted he's been withdrawn but why was he starting?
The comments about Armstrong's so called decline aren't really fair, he's not a winger.

I said the other day I hope he doesn't become mowbrays blind spot, he's signed him 3 times now so he is a fan. He was good against Shrewsbury but was utter dross against Blackpool and not much better today. The last few games he has also been detrimental to Armstrongs performance.

Great_Expectations

Unreal second half. Lost my voice (and my head!!) as a result.

Fantastic atmosphere too.

First half was awful and lots of negatives to discuss, but tonight I'm just going to enjoy this feeling.......

SkyBlueAde

This will be our toughest home fixture of the season imo, on their day Peterborough can be the best team in the division. Top scorers in the division but also leak goals as well. Gonna be a high scoring game, gonna go with us edging it 3-2

Take a bow!

p.s Lotto numbers for next week? :D

SkyBlue_Bear83

Sorry I misread your post, hadn't realised we played them in relegation season. So they've scored twice against us on 5 occasions and got one point!

Yea drew 2-2, was winning and then the customary late goal for the opposition which plagued us that season under Thorn

So yea still a pretty good stat, 5 visits 10 goals scored for them and only 1 point!

James Smith

12 points from the last 6 now, great form. Hopefully we can continue the unbeaten run on Tuesday.

Mowbray for October manager of the month?
I still think that's the kiss of death for a team.

stupot07

38e10c419368252954e2ac6a6e6fe270.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

James Smith

When my lunch break ended we were 2-1 down and I wasn't holding out much hope, fortress Ricoh had been breached. Bloody hellfire it sounds like it was an explosive second half. Brilliant result today and I'm off to get drunk to celebrate.

robbiethemole

three blokes in front of me in block 19 stropped off at h/t f-iing and blinding at the team and Murphy in particular, gobbing off at other fans and generally being arseholes, never coming back, Mowbray is rubbish,etc.. the tale of Dan came to me at f/t.......dont leave early anymore. feckin PUSB

King of the Lesbians

Gutted I couldn't make it today. Sounded like a blinder.
Didn't listen to the scores on purpose.
Great thread people. Actually gave me goosebumps!

How fucking sad is that...

ps1948

Special mention should also go to RCC for a couple of very good saves made in the second half, which made the difference between us winning and losing the game

lifeskyblue

Like ev trine lost my voice...exasperated first half; in heaven by the end. The buzz from the crowd leaving the ground was incredible and you could feel the excitement. This season has been a real relevation in terms of quality football and the second half today topped it for quality, fight/effort and belief right to the end. Pusb...I'm already looking forward to Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2477

Win tuesday and we should have a bumper crown the next home game against gillingham. Just wish some of these stay aways and glory supporters would get up the ricoh and support the team

ps1948

Thanks for putting this on - just watched and was reminded of Murphy's miss in the first couple of minutes, and the chance P'boro had right at the end of the first half which would have made it 3 - 0.
Also, when Armstrong hit the post in the first half, the criticism that he didn't pass to Fleck seems misplaced, as does the poster who thought Murphy got lucky in setting up the equaliser.
One point, and I'm not one prone to defend Westley, is that at 2 - 1 they were still pushing forward and looking to score a third - although their keeper was a dickhead. It would have been ironic if they had scored in the time added on for his time-wasting.

shmmeee

three blokes in front of me in block 19 stropped off at h/t f-iing and blinding at the team and Murphy in particular, gobbing off at other fans and generally being arseholes, never coming back, Mowbray is rubbish,etc.. the tale of Dan came to me at f/t.......dont leave early anymore. feckin PUSB

I wonder if that was the twat who came down to the touchline to take a photo of Murphy shouting "just taking a photo of the shittest player I've ever seen" 10 feet from him. c**t.

shmmeee

Somebody said they hope Mowbray doesn't become blind to Fortune's shortcomings. Granted he's been withdrawn but why was he starting?
The comments about Armstrong's so called decline aren't really fair, he's not a winger.
Arma was playing up top first half.

Fortune is obviously used when TM feels we need a target man to take pressure off. His mistake wasn't starting Fortune IMO it was messing with the formation. We were flat going forward and it didn't work. Credit for changing it.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thanks for putting this on - just watched and was reminded of Murphy's miss in the first couple of minutes, and the chance P'boro had right at the end of the first half which would have made it 3 - 0.
Also, when Armstrong hit the post in the first half, the criticism that he didn't pass to Fleck seems misplaced, as does the poster who thought Murphy got lucky in setting up the equaliser.
One point, and I'm not one prone to defend Westley, is that at 2 - 1 they were still pushing forward and looking to score a third - although their keeper was a dickhead. It would have been ironic if they had scored in the time added on for his time-wasting.
Peterborough were a decent team no doubt.

Its his teams antics that rile people up, time wasting, feigning injury and breaking up the play with fouls etc. rather than the style of play.

skybluejelly

Does anyone know why they have stopped showing replays of the goals when we score ,just that sometimes you don't realise how good goals are until you see them again , armstrongs second was amazing seeing it again , would like to have seen it again just after he scored

Users who are viewing this thread