Peter Knatchbull-Hugessen (2 Viewers)

skybluehugh

What the fcuk has that got to do with anything?

Halfwit.

It has quite a lot to do with it. He is proposing that we sell/give (I believe he would want us to give it) a tax payer funded property that is worth million's to a HF. If he has not paid tax to the council, of course it will not affect him one bit. But it does effect all other tax payers. I am not one as I live in London, but 98% of my family do.

Grendel

It has quite a lot to do with it. He is proposing that we sell/give (I believe he would want us to give it) a tax payer funded property that is worth million's to a HF. If he has not paid tax to the council, of course it will not affect him one bit. But it does effect all other tax payers. I am not one as I live in London, but 98% of my family do.

I've paid plenty of council tax in Coventry. I'd pay another 5 years up front if it meant they got the ground for free.

It doesn't affect tax payers anyway. Stop lying.

Plymouth Sky Blue

It's not about the one home game, SISU have already planned for this situation, even Greg Clarke said this morning that SISU could fund this club for "years to come" it won't end unless there is a catalyst for change. SISU may even sell up if they got the Arena, I would take that as a possibility as well

If SISU got hold of the Ricoh we could be in this situation again years down the road, I could see them selling CCFC but hanging on to the Ricoh. So we'd have new owners paying rent to SISU with SISU reaping the benefits and not CCFC!!
Whilst I agree with the club and stadium being united, IMO it has to be under new ownership and not SISU. They've shown they can't be trusted.

Godiva

If SISU got hold of the Ricoh we could be in this situation again years down the road, I could see them selling CCFC but hanging on to the Ricoh. So we'd have new owners paying rent to SISU with SISU reaping the benefits and not CCFC!!
Whilst I agree with the club and stadium being united, IMO it has to be under new ownership and not SISU. They've shown they can't be trusted.

How can you make sure new owners wouldn't do what you think sisu would?
If you can prevent new owners from doing it - surely you can prevent sisu from doing it too?

shmmeee

If you can prevent new owners from doing it - surely you can prevent sisu from doing it too?

Ultimately I doubt you can. We could hardly write it into a deal that CCFC can never sell the stadium, so what then?

I think the point is if we're going to have to rely on trust, we now know we won't get it in Sisu.

Your argument is a little like saying you shouldn't break up with your cheating misses because you can't guarantee no one will ever cheat on you.

Plymouth Sky Blue

You can't be 100% sure the new owners wouldn't take that route, but you can be 99% certain it's the route SISU will take!!!

Godiva

You can't be 100% sure the new owners wouldn't take that route, but you can be 99% certain it's the route SISU will take!!!

The problem with your argument is that the club alone is worthless. There wouldn't be anyone willing to buy it ... or maybe the fans (the Trust) would, I don't know, but surely no sensible business or businessman would.

Grendel

James you must have missed this - why haven't you asked Hugh to back up these claims.

I think he's talking crap - what do you think?

Plymouth Sky Blue

The problem with your argument is that the club alone is worthless. There wouldn't be anyone willing to buy it ... or maybe the fans (the Trust) would, I don't know, but surely no sensible business or businessman would.

I agree, the club and stadium need to be united, at which point it'd become more appealing to a buyer. I just can't see SISU selling it as a whole package.

skybluehugh

James you must have missed this - why haven't you asked Hugh to back up these claims.

I think he's talking crap - what do you think?

So the tax payer of Coventry are not going to benefit from the sale of 120mil + arena and the surrounding area. Think you may well be talking trip.

Grendel

So the tax payer of Coventry are not going to benefit from the sale of 120mil + arena and the surrounding area. Think you may well be talking trip.

Explain please;

- the evidence that quotes that as a value
- the evidence regarding impact on the taxpayer

You actually said the taxpayer will be worse off if we gave the Ricoh away. I am sure James Smith will demand you back this up with evidence.

Please justify your claim -- show some evidence -- if not for me, do it for James.

cloughie

Understand what you are saying Robbo - needs someone to make a move to break the deadlock. You could just as easily rename the letter and send to CCC or perhaps more importantly to rewrite and send to Seppala asking her sell up entirely. Dont see any of it happening any time soon

1) I dont think the Trustees (not PWKH's decision) have any desire to sell anything to SISU
2) I would guess the CCC would veto any sale by the Charity (and vice versa)
3) SISU are not interested in 50% of ACL in any case they want the whole site. In fact to get a return on their investors money nothing less will do
4) SISU wont sell up because CCFC is the only route they have in to the Ricoh

not about the rent, not about the ownership of 50% of ACL ............ this is now simply about ownership of the stadium complex and development land...... got to ask do CCFC need that ownership to survive?

summed up completely

yet amazingly some are calling for sisu to get their grubby hands on the arena

cloughie

I've paid plenty of council tax in Coventry. I'd pay another 5 years up front if it meant they got the ground for free.

It doesn't affect tax payers anyway. Stop lying.

So your stance of using council taxpayers to give a £14 million loan to ACL and moan moan moan by you, is obviously flawed as it doesn't affect the taxpayers according to you now?

Grendel

summed up completely

yet amazingly some are calling for sisu to get their grubby hands on the arena

If that means football returns to Coventry it's a price worth paying. Or do you have other priorities?

blueflint

never would i sell to SISU they have proved they don't deserve it now drop the defence of the indefensable grendel

Tonylinc

Can you imagine the rent that Shitzu would impose should they ever get their grubby little hands on the Ricoh?

cloughie

Can you imagine the rent that Shitzu would impose should they ever get their grubby little hands on the Ricoh?

That won't bother grendel it will be then a fair rent of 1/2 million with the club unable to pay and ore debt stuck against it, for their dubious reasons

Hey ho that will be fine in looney world

Grendel

That won't bother grendel it will be then a fair rent of 1/2 million

As long as we play in Coventry who cares -- the claims of course are as usual unfounded with no evidence. Never mind.

Grendel

You can clearly? How much? £1.2 million a year? I'd agree then -- greedy scum!!

cloughie

So your stance of using council taxpayers to give a £14 million loan to ACL and moan moan moan by you, is obviously flawed as it doesn't affect the taxpayers according to you now?

please defend your flawed position Grendel

Vedere

SISU out; don't sell out!

ACL, the FL, CCC have not covered themselves on glory but if SISU get their hands on the Ricoh (or a hand) then I fear we will regret that more than any hardships we are enduring now!

chiefdave

why stop at the Ricoh, why not give everything away. sure people will have no issue with all council owned facilities being given away to private companies for free.

Grendel

why stop at the Ricoh, why not give everything away. sure people will have no issue with all council owned facilities being given away to private companies for free.

What do you have in mind?

Paxman II

I think y'all talking silly. Who says SISU should have to get any long term ownership of the Ricoh? Clearly no one wants to give them that? However a contracted 'franchise' of the Ricoh could be one way to do it with plenty of clauses.
No one has to sell it lock stock and barrel to these Hedge Fund monsters but a solution to satisfy them and see our football club have an opportunity of survival in Coventry is certainly within the power of ACL/Council to make happen. Until they propose something sensible and sustainable to the football club then I will equally despise them as much as I despise SISU.
hand them a franchise of the Ricoh for a set period, enough to earn back their investments and invest further in the team aspirations and a clause that has an end date that they must abide by.
I'm sick of coming up with solution after solution while these dick heads continue their games of brinkmanship.

SavageCovCity

Just a thought.. If some people like myself think that SISU are, or maybe holding out for the Ricoh on the cheap, how can they really get there dirty hands on it when ALC/CCC have fallen out with SISU??, im sure they wouldn't let them get anywhere near it if ACL/CCC start losing money or what ever.. By the way im fully wear that SISU won't be going back there, with all of there bullshit lies and false statements we dont know what the fuck there gunna do? Lets keep starving them out!!!!

shmmeee

I think y'all talking silly. Who says SISU should have to get any long term ownership of the Ricoh? Clearly no one wants to give them that? However a contracted 'franchise' of the Ricoh could be one way to do it with plenty of clauses.
No one has to sell it lock stock and barrel to these Hedge Fund monsters but a solution to satisfy them and see our football club have an opportunity of survival in Coventry is certainly within the power of ACL/Council to make happen. Until they propose something sensible and sustainable to the football club then I will equally despise them as much as I despise SISU.
hand them a franchise of the Ricoh for a set period, enough to earn back their investments and invest further in the team aspirations and a clause that has an end date that they must abide by.
I'm sick of coming up with solution after solution while these dick heads continue their games of brinkmanship.

Answer me something. A deal, the original deal, that gives the club enough revenue to be sustainable has been on the table since day one, Sisu even agreed terms then walked away, what makes you think making the club sustainable is what they want?

They could've bought back the clubs share the day they took over. Why didnt they? Why did they drop communications with Higgs?

Sisu want more than is on offer and more than the club need to survive. Why should the club get more?

Users who are viewing this thread