Peter Knatchbull-Hugessen (2 Viewers)

RoboCCFC90

It's not working - after one home game?

It's not about the one home game, SISU have already planned for this situation, even Greg Clarke said this morning that SISU could fund this club for "years to come" it won't end unless there is a catalyst for change. SISU may even sell up if they got the Arena, I would take that as a possibility as well

Ripbuster

By accepting Otium back at the Riicoh,We'd be accepting CCFC being a mediocre/poor 3rd-4th tier selling "youth" club

To me they've burnt their bridges and can fcuk right off....

The Penguin

Yes it matters and yes we are all entitled to our own choices.

But if the financial starvation will continue beyond the club coming home to the Ricoh, why would the owners even consider that scenario?

Fair point.

I do honestly believe though that most people who are in the NOPM camp would come back if the club were in Coventry.

Though my annual financial contribution is fairly negligible, I probably would buy my membership and merchandise if the club were in Coventry.

Sub

It's not about the one home game, SISU have already planned for this situation, even Greg Clarke said this morning that SISU could fund this club for "years to come" it won't end unless there is a catalyst for change. SISU may even sell up if they got the Arena, I would take that as a possibility as well

find it hard to believe greg clarke to be honest he has not helped the situation if anything the FL have be complicant in fucking it up even more, nobody wants a AFC coventry but giving SISU the stadium is not the answer.

RoboCCFC90

how is it not working BOGOF on offer already less than a 1000 home fans there how many free tickets were given away ? they can not afford to be away from the coventry a season of this will cripple them, will it hurt the team? yes do i want that not atall but its a means to an end to get SISU back in coventry or get SISU out of CCFC it is their choice now,

stay where they are and get no money come back to coventry get 10000 fans and get money its as simple as that it is down to them its a gmae of poker and the fans hold all the cards this time we can break SISU and or ACL by not going a business with no customers either stop or change their plans to get the customers back.

To say it's 'not working' when the campaign has just started is unfair, in my view. This is something that will take time. Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't. Maybe that fuckstain Clarke is correct when he says it won't matter because SISU are flush with cash. It's better than just rolling over and playing dead though.

Your last point is one that everyone should agree with. We do need all parties to be reasonable. No chance of that though on current evidence. All anybody wants to do is hide behind lawyers and spin.

Where's the quick fire sale players that everyone was expecting or us selling Leon Clarke that there was a 23 page long thread about yesterday? No where they aren't going. Sub you quoted it this morning from Greg Clarke "Years for come" was what he said about the SISU funding. This won't end, unless someone like PWKH is the catalyst for change and talks to CCC and the board members of ACL, this goes past a Football Club, CCFC needs to return to the Ricoh, whatever the cost.

lewys33

Yeah I maybe an idiot, an idiot who cares about his Football Club, who has friends who used to benefit from jobs on matchdays while CCFC played at the Arena, that are now not so fortunate, someone who can see that the whole City feels like it has had a chunked ripped out of it's image and will be replaced by a copy to replicate something that stood in my family for generations before me.

Class me an idiot yes, enjoy AFC Coventry.

Really?? .......... WOW

valiant15

Dear Peter,

Somewhat better known on this forum as PWKH, I have not seen you post for a while, maybe this is due to the current situation surronding the Ricoh Arena, but as a board member of ACL and someone at the heart of this situation I ask you one thing:

Do what is right and sell a 50% stake in the Ricoh Arena too Otium Entertainment Ltd (SISU). This will not be a popular post, but the stand-off between ACL/CCC and SISU has gone on for long enough. I am not a doubter that yourself, other members of ACL and senior members of the Council, have the best interets of the people of Coventry at heart, however as I can see it there is a heavy dark cloud lingering over the City and something needs to happen to lift the spirits again.

This dark cloud is a aspect of the City that we all live for, it brings us joy, it brings us sorrow, we make friends, it keeps local business alive, people of the City in employment and most importantly different generations of the public gather all for one purpose to see the Sky Blues playing Football at the Ricoh Arena and before this at Highfield Road.

The past is complex, misleading and painful, however it only takes one person to make sure that this sorry story ends and once again the people of Coventry can support a Football Club which we all hold so dear.

People have talked about a Phoenix Club, an AFC Coventry if you will, but no one wants this without all the avenues of keeping CCFC in existence being explored.

The time for finger pointing is through can we please now have some resolution for us all.

What a pathetic weak attitude. Thank got Churchill never had the same attitude all those years ago.

RoboCCFC90

find it hard to believe greg clarke to be honest he has not helped the situation if anything the FL have be complicant in fucking it up even more, nobody wants a AFC coventry but giving SISU the stadium is not the answer.

Why? Because he didn't do what we all hoped for and told Otium to feck off!?

He's right in a way, the people of Coventry could have had no Football League team this season and no team at all, that would have been the knife through my heart as it would for many others, they moved us to Northampton for whatever reason, now we need to come back to Coventry and it has to be the Ricoh and it has to be now, not 5 years!!

Enough is Enough

Sub

Where's the quick fire sale players that everyone was expecting or us selling Leon Clarke that there was a 23 page long thread about yesterday? No where they aren't going. Sub you quoted it this morning from Greg Clarke "Years for come" was what he said about the SISU funding. This won't end, unless someone like PWKH is the catalyst for change and talks to CCC and the board members of ACL, this goes past a Football Club, CCFC needs to return to the Ricoh, whatever the cost.

SISU said they would fund us for years when they took over and invest with a plan to by young and up coming players, how long did that last when igwe vetoed all investments on players we could have made millions on ? SISU will only have funding if their investors see a profit if they do not there is no funding.

valiant15

Yeah I maybe an idiot, an idiot who cares about his Football Club, who has friends who used to benefit from jobs on matchdays while CCFC played at the Arena, that are now not so fortunate, someone who can see that the whole City feels like it has had a chunked ripped out of it's image and will be replaced by a copy to replicate something that stood in my family for generations before me.

Class me an idiot yes, enjoy AFC Coventry.

You don't in live in the city.

Sub

Why? Because he didn't do what we all hoped for and told Otium to feck off!?

He's right in a way, the people of Coventry could have had no Football League team this season and no team at all, that would have been the knife through my heart as it would for many others, they moved us to Northampton for whatever reason, now we need to come back to Coventry and it has to be the Ricoh and it has to be now, not 5 years!!

Enough is Enough

robo CCFC could be playing in coventry now while they build there new stadium( yeah right) but the owners decided not to, they would make more money less shit from the fans and it would of cost them less in theory, why didnt they do this ? simple to distress ACL even more

Sky Blue Pete

Lets have that conversation after the end of the window robo

RoboCCFC90

What a pathetic weak attitude. Thank got Churchill never had the same attitude all those years ago.

WW2 is not even similar to this situation.

Sometimes it takes the bigger man to stop the fighting than continue.

Noggin

The fact that sisu could fund it is irrelevant, if it makes bad business sense then they won't fund it, we own a flat that we rent out, only makes us £100 a month which is pretty much break even if we are lucky once you take into account any maintenance work over a year but it's worth keeping as the mortgage is getting very slowly paid off and in 25 years we will be able to sell and make say £80 grand. Now if the floor drops out of the rental market and we are losing £200 a month instead we would sell, we could fund that £200 a month loss forever, it wouldn't be a problem to do that it would cost us our yearly holiday but we have the money coming in to fund the loss forever. That doesn't change the fact that while we easily could keep funding the loss we would be stupid to do so.

Once sisu give up on getting the ricoh and with the losses from the boycott the only smart option left is to leave and get what they can. There is zero chance of them ever getting back what they have invested all they will be doing is throwing good money after bad. Presumably since they are appealing the JR they havn't yet quite given up on getting the Ricoh, we need to keep the financial pressure on so when they do give up on that plan leaving is an easy and smart decision.

tuousis

Dear Peter,

Somewhat better known on this forum as PWKH, I have not seen you post for a while, maybe this is due to the current situation surronding the Ricoh Arena, but as a board member of ACL and someone at the heart of this situation I ask you one thing:

Do what is right and sell a 50% stake in the Ricoh Arena too Otium Entertainment Ltd (SISU). This will not be a popular post, but the stand-off between ACL/CCC and SISU has gone on for long enough. I am not a doubter that yourself, other members of ACL and senior members of the Council, have the best interets of the people of Coventry at heart, however as I can see it there is a heavy dark cloud lingering over the City and something needs to happen to lift the spirits again.

This dark cloud is a aspect of the City that we all live for, it brings us joy, it brings us sorrow, we make friends, it keeps local business alive, people of the City in employment and most importantly different generations of the public gather all for one purpose to see the Sky Blues playing Football at the Ricoh Arena and before this at Highfield Road.

The past is complex, misleading and painful, however it only takes one person to make sure that this sorry story ends and once again the people of Coventry can support a Football Club which we all hold so dear.

People have talked about a Phoenix Club, an AFC Coventry if you will, but no one wants this without all the avenues of keeping CCFC in existence being explored.

The time for finger pointing is through can we please now have some resolution for us all.
The Dark cloud over our city and club is SISU,they must not be allowed to get their hands on the RICHO.

Dhinsa's_Millions

Greg Clarke points out the obvious that SISU have money and COULD fund the club for years shocker. Why is this such a surprise?

Still doesn't change the fact that they don't want to lose any more money and what value the club has is diminishing in front of their eyes. They will have to sell up some time.

As for losing players. They may not officially be in the shop window but what player in their right mind would want to stay to play in front of 2,000 tops with owners who aren't trustworthy. I can't see us attracting anything but dross. League 2 beckons.

Dhinsa's_Millions

The fact that sisu could fund it is irrelevant, if it makes bad business sense then they won't fund it, we own a flat that we rent out, only makes us £100 a month which is pretty much break even if we are lucky once you take into account any maintenance work over a year but it's worth keeping as the mortgage is getting very slowly paid off and in 25 years we will be able to sell and make say £80 grand. Now if the floor drops out of the rental market and we are losing £200 a month instead we would sell, we could fund that £200 a month loss forever, it wouldn't be a problem to do that it would cost us our yearly holiday but we have the money coming in to fund the loss forever. That doesn't change the fact that while we easily could keep funding the loss we would be stupid to do so.

Once sisu give up on getting the ricoh and with the losses from the boycott the only smart option left is to leave and get what they can. There is zero chance of them ever getting back what they have invested all they will be doing is throwing good money after bad. Presumably since they are appealing the JR they havn't yet quite given up on getting the Ricoh, we need to keep the financial pressure on so when they do give up on that plan leaving is an easy and smart decision.

Totally agree Noggin. See my comments above.

RoboCCFC90

Im annoying because you made a statement that was the definition of Irony?

No your annoying because you don't understand but maybe you will when this all ends badly..

olderskyblue

Do what is right and sell a 50% stake in the Ricoh Arena too Otium Entertainment Ltd (SISU).

This still doesn't mean that CCFC will own it though, although they will probably somehow load the debt onto CCFC. Management fees??

lewys33

No your annoying because you don't understand but maybe you will when this all ends badly..

Explain to me how I do not understand?

Explain to me how you understand when you comment about "a chunk" being ripped out a city whilst saying that they should just sell up to these people? Can you not see who the real enemy is?

RoboCCFC90

This still doesn't mean that CCFC will own it though, although they will probably somehow load the debt onto CCFC. Management fees??

No but it's a start and maybe working together can rebuild the bridges which have severly burnt.

valiant15

The chance is now then really to make it "Home"

Do you really think that the football club will own the ricoh?? Never in a million years will it if sisu were to get there filthy hands on it. Itll be separated from the club as soon as they get their hands on it,sisu will probably charge ccfc 2 million a season in rent,infact sell it them and lets sit back and watch what happens.

Sisued

Its been bad for a long time. I cant agree with your stance Robbo. I'd rather see the club go under than to be beholden to SISU for etenity which is what will happen if they get their dirty hands on the Ricoh.
I think theyd sell the club but not the ACL stake and theyd tie the club into a long term rent deal that theyd cream off while running ACL at a loss.
Selling to SISU will not be an end of the misery just a new cancer to deal with

Dhinsa's_Millions

Its been bad for a long time. I cant agree with your stance Robbo. I'd rather see the club go under than to be beholden to SISU for etenity which is what will happen if they get their dirty hands on the Ricoh.
I think theyd sell the club but not the ACL stake and theyd tie the club into a long term rent deal that theyd cream off while running ACL at a loss.
Selling to SISU will not be an end of the misery just a new cancer to deal with

There isn't much i recognise about this club anymore. There is no connection with the community, the history, ex players, all of the early season traditions ruined, the question is are we dead already? The fans are the only ones left with the beating heart of the club it seems and we have polarising opinions.

theferret

Understand what you are saying Robbo - needs someone to make a move to break the deadlock. You could just as easily rename the letter and send to CCC or perhaps more importantly to rewrite and send to Seppala asking her sell up entirely. Dont see any of it happening any time soon

1) I dont think the Trustees (not PWKH's decision) have any desire to sell anything to SISU
2) I would guess the CCC would veto any sale by the Charity (and vice versa)
3) SISU are not interested in 50% of ACL in any case they want the whole site. In fact to get a return on their investors money nothing less will do
4) SISU wont sell up because CCFC is the only route they have in to the Ricoh

not about the rent, not about the ownership of 50% of ACL ............ this is now simply about ownership of the stadium complex and development land...... got to ask do CCFC need that ownership to survive?

If SISU are not interested in a 50% stake in ACL, why did they negotiate a deal to buy 50% of ACL just last December?

RoboCCFC90

Explain to me how I do not understand?

Explain to me how you understand when you comment about "a chunk" being ripped out a city whilst saying that they should just sell up to these people? Can you not see who the real enemy is?

Do you not see that if we continue in Northampton we could lose our club forever and may not return to our beloved City, Is the risk of losing something that everyone in the City which brings in business, improves local economy and helps with jobs, not to mention a pass time with has combined generations should be saved at any cost, because this situation goes pasta Football Club.

These people (SISU) yes are the enemy, but we kew the style of there business parctices when they came in, there a hedgefund, this is the true business nature, condone it or not. However the Council need to understand that by being stubborn and not negotiating they have made things worse.

We need to stop this bickering, get these morons around a table and agree either a full or partial sale of the Arena to SISU, it's the only way.

Users who are viewing this thread