Perspective (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Isn't. Still have to see if we spend the Hamer cash mind you... and for that matter that did end up undisclosed, so may well be not as much as hoped for.
Zwolle will have taken a cut, but the rest seems to be fairly substantial.

CCFCSteve

9th in the league after getting robbed first game against team top of the league/just relegated from Prem and after selling our two stand out players and not yet having the chance to replace one of them. Still with one of our best players to return from injury. Only some clowns on SBT could start shitting the bed at this stage

Gint11

Fine margins. We could easily be sat on 9 out of 9. I know we haven’t of course but it shows we aren’t far away. Over 60% possession away at Swansea is really pleasing for me.

Nick

Administrator
Fine margins. We could easily be sat on 9 out of 9. I know we haven’t of course but it shows we aren’t far away. Over 60% possession away at Swansea is really pleasing for me.
Really? Most of it was across our defenders.

theferret

It is pleasing. Despite people saying, correctly, that possession stats are often meaningless in the context of a game, it is clearly the intention of MR to change our style back to one based on playing out the back, keeping the ball and bossing games.

Swansea will often have more of the ball than the opposition, so it was a noteworthy stat. Robins mentioned this in his interview after the game.

We're lacking in the final 3rd clearly, but we have players missing and there will be new faces. I'm confident it all comes together.

Covkid1968#

What's all this hysteria about? Support from the crowd at all 3 games has been positive, as it has been for several years. We back the players superbly. That's what matters. If Geoff from Wyken wants to whinge about Da Silva's choice of moisturizer on tik tok, who gives a fuck?

People are mistaking the internet for the real world and getting proper wound up by the random opinions of strangers. Give over.
You clearly haven’t seen Geoff from Wykens face….that lads skin for a man of his age is a thing of beauty and DaSilva ignores his tips on beauty products at his peril.

shmmeee

Although people get very sensitive when I say anything I do worry Da Silva gets caught too easily with balls over him and getting out of position on counter attacks

I think part of that is not having a natural LCB to cover across as well.

Legia Sky Blue

Yeah again it's not that meaningful because it was across the defence.

...... but it is meaningful because if we have possession the opposition don't, meaning they can't build up a head of steam. Controlling the ball also keeps the home crowd quiet, particularly at a place like Swansea where they have been used to dominating possession.

hamertime

the people shouting loudest about Simms (@hamertime) could write their football knowledge on the back of a postage stamp
😂😂😂 I could write the amount of good things he’s done on the back of a postage stamp. What are you his daddy. The point of a forum is to express opinions on how you see things as it is. He’s been poor simple as.

procdoc

😂😂😂 I could write the amount of good things he’s done on the back of a postage stamp. What are you his daddy. The point of a forum is to express opinions on how you see things as it is. He’s been poor simple as.
It’s been two and a bit games, fucking hell

Astute

I suppose the same idiots that said the same about Godden.

hamertime

I suppose the same idiots that said the same about Godden.
No, not at all. I’ve never slagged Simms off all I’ve said is Wright should start before him and that he’s not done anything yet. I’ve said I want him to do well but merely stating facts. People were slagging godden when he’s actually scoring goals. Totally different.

Astute

No, not at all. I’ve never slagged Simms off all I’ve said is Wright should start before him and that he’s not done anything yet. I’ve said I want him to do well but merely stating facts. People were slagging godden when he’s actually scoring goals. Totally different.
Those having a go at Godden were before he started scoring. Then they needed another target. This was Simms.

1 goal every 2 games is good. No goals in 2 games doesn't mean they are shite.

hamertime

Those having a go at Godden were before he started scoring. Then they needed another target. This was Simms.

1 goal every 2 games is good. No goals in 2 games doesn't mean they are shite.
No, before the Swansea game some people were saying Simms should start. I couldn’t fathom on what basis they thought he deserved to.

Astute

No, before the Swansea game some people were saying Simms should start. I couldn’t fathom on what basis they thought he deserved to.
All players deserve a chance. Simms hadn't played for over 6 months. Definite lack of match fitness. This doesn't mean he is shite.

Godden had a mare first game. Wasn't much better second game. This didn't make him shite.

hamertime

I’ve never one said he doesn’t deserve a chance or that he won’t succeed. I’ve said he shouldn’t be starting ahead of Wright or Godden and a few babies got their knickers in a twist .

Macca1987

I am happy with the start we've had, would I have been happier with something at Leicester, for sure. What we need to remember is, losing Hamer didn't just stifle forward movement, but when our wing backs were caught ahead of the ball, a lot of the time it was Hamer sprinting back and covering. We haven't got that at the moment, but I believe it will come in time

Users who are viewing this thread