Oxford fans (2 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Isn't this thread nice and civil. Going to be a throughly decent day out if Oxford fans are all like this. Actually it's more likely to be our idiots causing trouble.

hutch1972

If I remember correctly, one of my all time favourite City players ended up playing for Oxford - Bobby McDonald. Also, my most hated City manager of all time, Ron Atkinson, played a few hundred games for them during his playing career. Just saying like.
Oh, and Andy Whing, the last player to score a goal at Highfield Rd, also finished up at Oxford. Small world innit?
Bobby Mac was indeed a fantastic player for us.
The story goes that while John Bond was signing Tommy Hutch he popped his head around the door and asked if he wanted a left back as well, so they were both signed.

peeler

Oxford fan in peace, you're not a tin pot club you're a club that's in decline because of
Your owners we also have an owner of the ground who is making things difficult for us charging over half a million in rent it is holding us back, but most Oxford fans sympathise with you and your plight.
I am sure the final will be a good game the competition itself is tin pot the introduction of B teams/U23 from the leagues above belittled the competition but it goes to prove 2 lower
Leagues are in the final and not B teams/u23
Because they weren't good enough to beat grass root football clubs.
Good luck for
The future in your battle against sisu cNt wish you all the best on the 2nd April though :emoji_blush:

Barry, thank you. Our main concern is Stayin' alive because what's happened at Coventry is a real Tragedy.

oucho

With only an hour's drive on a usually quiet bit of motorway separating the two cities, it's not impossible to see a new rivalry of sorts starting to develop, especially if the final itself is quite tasty.

Evo1883

With only an hour's drive on a usually quiet bit of motorway separating the two cities, it's not impossible to see a new rivalry of sorts starting to develop, especially if the final itself is quite tasty.

I don't think I would ever see Oxford as rivals tbh

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd agree. One's a L1 club on the up; the other's an outfit that's already effectively in L2 and on a downward trajectory.

Agreed - it'll be Cheltenham who are our new arch enemies!! Expect that next season it'll be Lincoln fans who get all big and lairy (didn't they have a run in with Nuneaton a couple of years ago?)

Users who are viewing this thread