Oxford fans (1 Viewer)

ccfchoi87

Reading their forum they are very confident of beating us (who can blame them?)! They are also talking about a protest against the competition and asking our fans to get Involved. I'm not sure that most of them are aware of our situation with one of their fans even referring to us as 'tinpot' and 'desperate'. If a protest was to take place at Wembley we would need to make sure they fully understand why and ask for their support.

Coventry v OUFC - Official Wembley build up thread | Yellows Forum

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Reading their forum they are very confident of beating us (who can blame them?)! They are also talking about a protest against the competition and asking our fans to get Involved. I'm not sure that most of them are aware of our situation with one of their fans even referring to us as 'tinpot' and 'desperate'. If a protest was to take place at Wembley we would need to make sure they fully understand why and ask for their support.
Are we tinpot, or the competition?. As for a protest, the only protest I'll be making is against our owners. I couldn't give a toss about what their supporters want to protest about, our needs are far more important. If they don't agree with the competition they should stay at home.

CCFC54321

Tinpot? Really? Think the person who typed that up needs to reflect on what they were referring too !

If we really are 'Tinpot'...my question is....what are Oxford United then ! :wideyed:

ccfchoi87

'Reading the Coventry forum tells you what a joke that club has become.
Basically they are desperate. It's inverse logic. The more they take to Wembley the more it proves how tin pot they are.'

hutch1972

I wouldn't worry what they have to say.
I can't get upset with a club who have spent 95% of its history outside of the top 2 divisions and are enjoying a couple of good seasons.
I do find their billy big Bollocks a bit surprising though considering the historical lowly status they have within the professional leagues.

Evo1883

To be honest am not sure why there is any hostility from them towards us.

But again Coventry city could be playing in the midland alliance and they will still always be a bigger club than Oxford .
They will more than likely win at Wembley , as for us taking a lot of fans to Wembley why would that bother them anyway ???
Strange thought process to be honest .
Go to Wembley you're tinpot , got ya

malkitccfc

They'll beat us, i'm pretty sure of it. But to call us tinpot? We had more watching us against Swindon when we've won one league game since November than they get at home games and theyre chasing the play offs. Saying that, I quite like Oxford as a football club

Esoterica

They'll beat us, i'm pretty sure of it. But to call us tinpot? We had more watching us against Swindon when we've won one league game since November than they get at home games and theyre chasing the play offs. Saying that, I quite like Oxford as a football club
It was one guy, let's not take it out of context. Considering it's been statistically proven that 83.2% of football fans are dicks, as a percentage of posters they are doing pretty well!

hill83

Oh no someone called us tinpot

sad-lol.gif

vow

Well, that oxford fan has a point, we are tinpot.

Barry Gibbs

Oxford fan in peace, you're not a tin pot club you're a club that's in decline because of
Your owners we also have an owner of the ground who is making things difficult for us charging over half a million in rent it is holding us back, but most Oxford fans sympathise with you and your plight.
I am sure the final will be a good game the competition itself is tin pot the introduction of B teams/U23 from the leagues above belittled the competition but it goes to prove 2 lower
Leagues are in the final and not B teams/u23
Because they weren't good enough to beat grass root football clubs.
Good luck for
The future in your battle against sisu cNt wish you all the best on the 2nd April though :emoji_blush:

GrumpyGit

Another Oxford fan here. The tinpot references are not directed at you, but at the EFL for letting the premiership put their "B" teams in. This competition has always been about League 1 & 2 clubs, the EFL were testing the water. The premier league want their b teams playing in the lower leagues. This is something that has been resoundedly rejected by the fans and clubs.
They also should have had 2 legs for the semi finals.
Good luck in the league, would love to see you stay up, you're too big for L2.
I think we'll win the cup, but it'll be a good day out whatever.

scottccfc

Another Oxford fan here. The tinpot references are not directed at you, but at the EFL for letting the premiership put their "B" teams in. This competition has always been about League 1 & 2 clubs, the EFL were testing the water. The premier league want their b teams playing in the lower leagues. This is something that has been resoundedly rejected by the fans and clubs.
all i can say is thank god they didn't have 2 legs for the semi else we wouldn't have made Wembley :)

shmmeee

You're gonna win. It's a day out and a break from the constant barrage of shit for us, as well as possibly the last happy time for while, most expect us to be struggling at the bottom of L2 in a year or two, then who knows. We expect to lose, we don't care. It'll be the last time 30k+ CCFC fans are together for a long time short of a miracle.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If I remember correctly, one of my all time favourite City players ended up playing for Oxford - Bobby McDonald. Also, my most hated City manager of all time, Ron Atkinson, played a few hundred games for them during his playing career. Just saying like.
Oh, and Andy Whing, the last player to score a goal at Highfield Rd, also finished up at Oxford. Small world innit?

Barry Gibbs

I went to the Kansam Stadium when they thrashed us and calling us tin pot is fucking rich.
As far as I'm aware I doubt whether any normal Oxford fan would call you tin pot, the comp is tin pot and now at least the final will have 2 proper clubs playing for the diy trophy other than a Chelski U23 v West Brom U23. As I have said and other Oxford fans will agree on shit owners causing the demise of football, you are a big club and would be out of place in L2 but your owners sisu have decided that you aren't worth playing football so don't give a hoot about you. I do hope that a new owner who has football at mind and is a sky blues fan can come along and rescue your club and get behind you for you to come up and back to the big time .

pastythegreat

Oxford fan in peace, you're not a tin pot club you're a club that's in decline because of
Your owners we also have an owner of the ground who is making things difficult for us charging over half a million in rent it is holding us back, but most Oxford fans sympathise with you and your plight.
I am sure the final will be a good game the competition itself is tin pot the introduction of B teams/U23 from the leagues above belittled the competition but it goes to prove 2 lower
Leagues are in the final and not B teams/u23
Because they weren't good enough to beat grass root football clubs.
Good luck for
The future in your battle against sisu cNt wish you all the best on the 2nd April though :emoji_blush:
Half a mil in League 1 for a ground with 3 stands?!?! Bloody hell, and I thought our £1m for the ricoh was absurd!
Think as far as protests go, personally I think the point has been put across from the lowly attendances from the earlier stages. We had 2 post war record low attendances (somebody correct me but I'm sure I heard this) if not they were awfully low at 1200/1300 ish. That's normally the sort of figures we'd take away. But anyway, I for one am all protested out for now, it's one day where I can take my son and just enjoy a game at Wembley. We haven't been as fortunate of late as you guys, what with promotion last season and this being your 2nd final in 2 years. In 2 years time I might not have a club to support so for this day alone (regardless of score) I just want to enjoy the occasion.
I fully understand if you guys want to protest against the format, but IF any city fams are to protest (which I really hope they dont), it's more likely to be against our owners that against this so called 'tinpot cup'!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Let's be honest Oxford have never been in our thoughts until our fall from grace. Oxford has always been about University Challenge and posh blokes rowing on the Thames. No disrespect but it's the truth !

D

Deleted member 4439

Let's be honest Oxford have never been in our thoughts until our fall from grace. Oxford has always been about University Challenge and posh blokes rowing on the Thames. No disrespect but it's the truth !

I don't think any of us have really thought about Oxford FC, good or bad. Every city has a mix of people. The majority of Oxford fans will be like you and I, people who have supported their club through thick and thin, and are who are now enjoying some better times. Good luck to them. If they take the day, I certainly won't be begrudging them their victory.

rob9872

Weirdly for no reason whatsoever, I've always wanted them to beat Cambridge in that and yet I nor any of my family have any affinity or connections to either.

Irish Sky Blue

If I remember correctly, one of my all time favourite City players ended up playing for Oxford - Bobby McDonald. Also, my most hated City manager of all time, Ron Atkinson, played a few hundred games for them during his playing career. Just saying like.
Oh, and Andy Whing, the last player to score a goal at Highfield Rd, also finished up at Oxford. Small world innit?

Bobby McDonald my favourite City left back, more so than Stuart Pearce and just ahead of Chris Cattlin. He was a great attacking full back, very skilful and only cost 40k from Villa. Weren't they mugs to let him go!

The Reverend Skyblue

I went with a big group of mates from Brackley/ Banbury to their league cup final win against QPR in 86 ish, none of us bar one who supported them , he was such a great salt of the earth friend you rarely come across we decided to shout them on for him.
It was a fantastic day out, not quite as good as 87 , but we didn't stop laughing all day, probably my second best day out watching footie.
Anyway we are too big not only for league two but league one as well.
I can't see us beating them but for those going I hope you all have a great day

Last edited:

Coventry v OUFC - Official Wembley build up thread | Yellows Forum

To be honest I can't imagine any Oxford fan who knows anything about football would call you tinpot, I would imagine they referred to this competition, it's a disgrace what's happened to you, always remember Sunday afternoons on itv watching you at Highfield road way before Sky and the Premier League ruined our game

ajsccfc

With their Milk Cup the year before our FA Cup it's like an 80s reunion. Everyone in neon spandex and legwarmers.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Bobby McDonald my favourite City left back, more so than Stuart Pearce and just ahead of Chris Cattlin. He was a great attacking full back, very skilful and only cost 40k from Villa. Weren't they mugs to let him go!
Not many got past our Bobby! Rock hard defender!

Users who are viewing this thread