Own goal (1 Viewer)

wingy

Three shots on target during the Japan-England game, two of which were pens.

The game was indicative of the tournament as a whole - a poor standard in terms of technical and tactical quality.

There was s shot 6 inches wide In the first 30 seconds, two chances that didn't go In off the bar.Then the pen was scored as well as any Lampard or Gerrard effort, two goog shots we'll saved and a header that went less than a foot wide.
Obviously Women V Men Is no contest but V each other It's all relative. There are three or four teams that have Quality and others who can be effective over a game or two. The Japanese are one,, very much In the Barca Style,.
After us starting well they hit their purple patch around 15-20 In, this only lasted 15-20 mins We were dominant In the second half and so unfortunate not to Score.
Finally they got lucky cos we were still going for it in the 89 minute even then the clearance went In off the bar not out. The other teams who excel are France then come USA and Germany who Ithink we are on a par with, both of those rely on an aggressive Physical approach which seems to be more tolerated In the big Competitions of the Women's stage
During qualification I thought we'd gone away from a fairly safe dour style under Hope Powell where they played with freedom, expressed themselves and scored hateful under Mark Sampson.
Australia also deserve a distinction for their game against the USA totally absorbing energy driven Sublime passing game there. Finally this all against the backdrop of playing on Inconsistent artificial pitches.
Didn't watch It all but what I did was entertaining, If nothing else check out the USA goalie Hope Solo!!

LJC_CCFC

There was s shot 6 inches wide In the first 30 seconds, two chances that didn't go In off the bar.Then the pen was scored as well as any Lampard or Gerrard effort, two goog shots we'll saved and a header that went less than a foot wide.
Obviously Women V Men Is no contest but V each other It's all relative. There are three or four teams that have Quality and others who can be effective over a game or two. The Japanese are one,, very much In the Barca Style,.
After us starting well they hit their purple patch around 15-20 In, this only lasted 15-20 mins We were dominant In the second half and so unfortunate not to Score.
Finally they got lucky cos we were still going for it in the 89 minute even then the clearance went In off the bar not out. The other teams who excel are France then come USA and Germany who Ithink we are on a par with, both of those rely on an aggressive Physical approach which seems to be more tolerated In the big Competitions of the Women's stage
During qualification I thought we'd gone away from a fairly safe dour style under Hope Powell where they played with freedom, expressed themselves and scored hateful under Mark Sampson.
Australia also deserve a distinction for their game against the USA totally absorbing energy driven Sublime passing game there. Finally this all against the backdrop of playing on Inconsistent artificial pitches.
Didn't watch It all but what I did was entertaining, If nothing else check out the USA goalie Hope Solo!!

Agree with a lot of this apart from two things. We are not on the same level as France, USA or Germany and your thoughts on Hope Solo may change after clicking on this link: http://m5.thefappening.sexy/albums/index.php?/category/8

DISCLAIMER: WHAT IS SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN

wingy

Agree with a lot of this apart from two things. We are not on the same level as France, USA or Germany and your thoughts on Hope Solo may change after clicking on this link: http://m5.thefappening.sexy/albums/index.php?/category/8

DISCLAIMER: WHAT IS SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN
Haha my phones probably got a few Infections now
Apologies reading back there are a couple spelling mistakes and some of It Is not clear as I don't think we're on France's level however I reckon we'd hold our own v USA and Germany currently
We must revert to passing Instead of lump It and hope though as It just comes straight back at you . I think Sampson has done a good job but don't think you'd get a men's coach utilise all members of the squad through a tournament.
English girls who stood out for me were CarneyWilliams Bronze Duggan Chapman the centre backs for their strengthened physicality.

Last edited:

Shakeitup

Maybe TM needs to sign up Carli Lloyd. Carlo Lloyd sounds like a half Spanish player he may have spotted whilst on holiday!

CJ_covblaze

Cracking goal but it looked like Kaihori just fell over and didn't dive properly. Been one or two shocking bits of keeping throughout though.

Users who are viewing this thread