Overall Quality Of The Championship (3 Viewers)

fatso

I think there are very few flair players in the championship, and hardly any big personalities or characters, most teams set out not to loose, and seem frightened to really attack the opposition, (apart from the top 2 or 3)
Any team that can put a few results together can rocket up the league, as there is so little to choose between any of them.
For example, we lost so many points this season due to crazy penalties and red cards, we didnt put back to back wins together till the last month, and we had a shite away record, and yet we still managed to finish mid table.
The premier league is waaaayyyy ahead of the championship in every respect.

Cov kid 55

Its funny being one year on from being so desperate to get in the Championship and play bigger games that so many of us are now happy to slag it off!
Agree, we’ve found this season incredibly tough, and survived at the end of the season after 3 tremendous wins on the bounce. I don’t think there were any really poor teams, there might not have been a lot of flair, but every team was tough to beat, and I don’t think it’ll be much easier next year.

Brighton Sky Blue

Its funny being one year on from being so desperate to get in the Championship and play bigger games that so many of us are now happy to slag it off!

I don't think it's that as much as we were expecting to see more teams attempting to play football rather than kick you off the park

fatso

Except competitiveness, drama & entertainment.
The quality in the PL is streets ahead naturally but Championship is still my favourite league by far.
What about the drama at the west Brom v liverpool game yesterday?
A game liverpool simply had to win.
The goalkeeper of all people scored a 95 minute winner.
It doesnt get more dramatic than that!

Frostie

Very true. All too few & far between in the last couple of seasons though & VAR sucks all life out of the game for me.

Liquid Gold

Individual games can still have drama but the end result is the same here as in most other games - the rich team beat the less rich team.

slowpoke

Very true. All too few & far between in the last couple of seasons though & VAR sucks all life out of the game for me.
Surely they will look at var and offsides that Chelsea player yesterday was deemed offside by his bloody knee cap

Users who are viewing this thread