Orient Match Thread (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

Devastating result. Just returned home massively deflated after being on such a high coming back from Peterborough. Worried about the potential lack of goals with the injuries to Samuel and Tudgay. We need Reda back in ASAP and Nouble needs a kick up the arse. The guy just doesn't give a fuck.

Gazolba

We have 6 games, 3 home, 3 away.
The concern is our home form continues but our away form does not. Entirely possible.

shmmeee

Because it's a big empty stadium with the only atmosphere being created by the grunting home fan's disillusioned farts. It's hardly a breeding ground for success.

Agreed. At least last season you could put in a bunker mentality. I imagine the players feel like the fans at home.

Something needs doing. Not sure how you can use our current situation as a motivator.

SkyBlue_Bear83

The concern is our home form continues but our away form does not. Entirely possible.

Its also entirely possible our current poor home form does not continue.

We're gonna have to get at least one home win I think, we have Colchester, Oldham and Crewe left. All winnable fixture, we're gonna have to win at least 1. If you right off the Bristol City then we have Notts County and Crawley away to pick up another 3 points in.

LJC_CCFC

Agreed. At least last season you could put in a bunker mentality. I imagine the players feel like the fans at home.

Something needs doing. Not sure how you can use our current situation as a motivator.

Tbf I did notice numerous times tonight that when we recycled the ball or kept possession by going backwards, lots of negative noises coming from the crowd.

Great_Expectations

Tbf I did notice numerous times tonight that when we recycled the ball or kept possession by going backwards, lots of negative noises coming from the crowd.

Along with a lot of idiotic cliché shouts such as 'get it forward' when there are no options in front of the player. Or 'who's that to' when the ball is lumped forward as previously requested.

NorthernWisdom

Its also entirely possible our current poor home form does not continue.

We're gonna have to get at least one home win I think, we have Colchester, Oldham and Crewe left. All winnable fixture, we're gonna have to win at least 1. If you right off the Bristol City then we have Notts County and Crawley away to pick up another 3 points in.

With that run-in, if we go down it's safe to say we thoroughly deserve to.

MichaelCCFC

Felt pretty disheartened at full time because Orient were very poor but we still managed to come away with nothing. 20 mins of dominance but failed to score then concede a typical soft goal. Over 90 mins just not good enough.

fellatio_Martinez

Sorry I don't buy that. Of course you are going to get grunting home fans if you are not performing at home.
I am sick of this excuse. The facts are it is the players and the teams duty to entertain the fans then maybe you won't be getting all this grunting.

Looking at our league position coming towards the end of the season is not exactly something to cheer about. if we were in a better position for playoffs and playing better I guarantee the atmosphere would be different.

Please no more excuses regarding our home form.

It's not the only reason for poor home results but it's a very big one. Yes, better football would bring in more fans but at the moment in a League One relegation scrap that just isn't going to happen. Away teams love playing at the Ricoh for a reason and it's not down to how Coventry City play.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
The pitch has some nice new circular design.......

Yeo, struggling for positives from tonight.

Burge lacked confidence although he did pull off one decent save. Kicking poor again.

Back four struggled. Willis is no RB. He's a CB and it should stay that way while Phillips is available. Martin looked nervy again. So inconsistsnt it's unreal. But definitely one who plays the 'coventry way'. Pennington is decent but can't do it On His own. Stokes was poor going forward but had little or no support for much of the 90.

Ward MOTM for me. Obrien is a bit of a headless chicken. Only way to describe him. But strangely despite him not being in one place, did seem to be our biggest threat for most of the match. Flwck was poor. Wasn't his night tonight.

Nouble poor. Looked disinterested. Another one who is annoyingly inconsistent!!

Shame about Samuel. Agree that once he went off we sunday forgot what to do! That said, I think he was taken out as Orient knew he'd be a threat. Very tactical and went unnoticed by the ref

Thomas ran about but we seemed reluctant to use him. Should have been subbed in the second half as looked to be tiring.

Odeluzi was poor. His first touch was woeful, although he did put in some good defensive challenges.

Other subs came on too late to judge, although Haynes appears to have forgotten what a footballer does! Couldn't trap wind!

Jay88

Totally agreed spotted that too. I noticed it when we were playing decent short passes, keeping the ball, then the negative noises built up and Odelusi just smacked it forward in the air.

It's like people are expecting us to play like Barcelona. They forget we are in League 1 and have gotta try n play better than the opposition, which we did. We controlled the game. Just unlucky on the night with the near misses and their smash and grab goal!

Heads up and move onto a massive game at Notts County Monday, hopefully taking a big away following! PUSB

ccfc92

It's not the only reason for poor home results but it's a very big one. Yes, better football would bring in more fans but at the moment in a League One relegation scrap that just isn't going to happen. Away teams love playing at the Ricoh for a reason and it's not down to how Coventry City play.

Maybe we should make the away team get changed in the car park? That'll stop them raising their game at the Ricoh :)

Kingokings204

Just got back from the game. I am fuming and yet again we found a way to lose the game. Orient are dog shit and they still won. If we don't win we should be drawing and I am blaming a fair pinch at mowbrays door. I like him as much as anyone but he got it wrong tonight in that he brought Thomas who was beyond useless on instead on turgott and went for the win when we should of played tight and drawn the game 0-0. Yes we can't win the game doing that but we can't lose it in the way we did 1-0 as they hit us when we pushed up. So sorry I blame TM he should of made is a poor game and finished 0-0 which tbf orient only came for.

We lost a non lose game and I'm fuming. I'm joining glen fuck it.

SkyBlueHomer

Its not the defeat that's annoying its the way we lost. Bottled most of the 50-50 challenges all night.

Our home form is going to cost us. 3 remaining at home & with tonights defeat we need to win 2 of them.

We've got out of worse situations but the players have got to want it

Otis

Just got back from the game. I am fuming and yet again we found a way to lose the game. Orient are dog shit and they still won. If we don't win we should be drawing and I am blaming a fair pinch at mowbrays door. I like him as much as anyone but he got it wrong tonight in that he brought Thomas who was beyond useless on instead on turgott and went for the win when we should of played tight and drawn the game 0-0. Yes we can't win the game doing that but we can't lose it in the way we did 1-0 as they hit us when we pushed up. So sorry I blame TM he should of made is a poor game and finished 0-0 which tbf orient only came for.

We lost a non lose game and I'm fuming. I'm joining glen fuck it.

Well i too questioned Mowbray's judgement when he brought Thomas on. Don't quite know what he was thinking there. Surely Turgott would have been a more natural replacement.

Kingokings204

Well i too questioned Mowbray's judgement when he brought Thomas on. Don't quite know what he was thinking there. Surely Turgott would have been a more natural replacement.

I've not seen anyone say that wasn't the right sub. Got a guy on the bench who is chomping at the bit and scored the winning on Saturday and you bring on a young lad who hasn't got it yet a few years younger than him. If I was turgott I would be seriously pissed. Massive error from mowbray I'm sorry.

Not saying that's why we lost the game but it didn't help either.

stupot07

If we're in agreement that Turgott is a winger not a striker, then Thomas was the natural replacement. That said, Thomas was ineffective, although got into some nice positions but often was overlooked by his team mates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Now in a taxi and £50 out of pocket for my travels. Leyton had two chances and scored from one talk about smash and grab. I thought Thomas did well Otis when he came on. We should have put some of those second half chances away.

wingy

I really Really really want to know what happened to Burge In the two or three minutes prior to their goal
Wehad been thoroughly dominant for at least 30 mins of that second half
He was kicking long off the deck or from hands while no one won the headers effectively we made the ball stick In their half of the pitch.
Suddenly he switched toshort roll outs to Pennington and It never really got beyond the halfway line and the goal Inevitably came
We Invited pressure onto ourselves
Was he doing this under Instruction
we were blowing abut and Subs had been needed
So I'm curious to know If he was acting to slow things down to allow a breather or just unfortunately showing Inexperience which has been a worry as the pressure would mount come the Run In
I have to say I don't wish this to sound like I'm knocking him as I have been pleasantly surprised by his performances but Its just strange that we suddenly changed foregoing long to playing out from the back
Another point was during that spell we had every player back for the set pieces
naturally meaning when George cleared the ball about 40-50 yards It came straight back down our throats

wingy

The pitch has some nice new circular design.......

Yeo, struggling for positives from tonight.

Burge lacked confidence although he did pull off one decent save. Kicking poor again.

Back four struggled. Willis is no RB. He's a CB and it should stay that way while Phillips is available. Martin looked nervy again. So inconsistsnt it's unreal. But definitely one who plays the 'coventry way'. Pennington is decent but can't do it On His own. Stokes was poor going forward but had little or no support for much of the 90.

Ward MOTM for me. Obrien is a bit of a headless chicken. Only way to describe him. But strangely despite him not being in one place, did seem to be our biggest threat for most of the match. Flwck was poor. Wasn't his night tonight.

Nouble poor. Looked disinterested. Another one who is annoyingly inconsistent!!

Shame about Samuel. Agree that once he went off we sunday forgot what to do! That said, I think he was taken out as Orient knew he'd be a threat. Very tactical and went unnoticed by the ref

Thomas ran about but we seemed reluctant to use him. Should have been subbed in the second half as looked to be tiring.

Odeluzi was poor. His first touch was woeful, although he did put in some good defensive challenges.

Other subs came on too late to judge, although Haynes appears to have forgotten what a footballer does! Couldn't trap wind!

Agree about the ref SW
Huge consequence on not just this game but all of our coming games where we shall be competing with them to survive
A booking was required arte minimum
He was either very naive or has a postcode connection to LO

LJC_CCFC

If we're in agreement that Turgott is a winger not a striker, then Thomas was the natural replacement. That said, Thomas was ineffective, although got into some nice positions but often was overlooked by his team mates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Thomas played CAM when he came on. The correct thing to do was to either keep Jim at CAM and put Turgott on the left, shifting Nouble up front, or bring Barton on at CAM and move Jim wide left.

Gazolba

Which begs the question, why was Thomas even on the bench? No-one else available?

Otis

Thomas played CAM when he came on. The correct thing to do was to either keep Jim at CAM and put Turgott on the left, shifting Nouble up front, or bring Barton on at CAM and move Jim wide left.

Or bring on Turgott, put him out wide and push Odelusi into the role Samuel was playing.

rupert_bear

We were let down by the so called senior players, had a bit of bad luck admittedly but the likes of Nouble, O'Brien, Fleck and Martin just petered away when it mattered. Still from the last 2 games we have 3 points and lets be honest had we got 2 draws a lot would be saying that ain't too bad, just need to get something now from Notts County.

Last edited:

Otis

We were let down by the so called senior players, had a bit of bad luck admittedly but the likes of Nouble, O'Brien, Fleck and Martin just petered away when it mattered. Still from the last 2 games we have 3 points and lets be honest had we got 2 draws a lot would be saying that ain't too bad, just need to get something now from Notts County.

Need to see what happens in Friday's games, but Monday's game could now be absolutely massive for us.

Last night we couldn't really afford to lose, but you would have to say the County game is simply a MUST NOT lose.

rupert_bear

Still in our hands especially looking at the fixtures and who plays each other, we need Johnson back and I would just shore up the defence and not lose at county do that and not lose again at home we will be okay....I think

Otis

Still in our hands especially looking at the fixtures and who plays each other, we need Johnson back and I would just shore up the defence and not lose at county do that and not lose again at home we will be okay....I think

Not lose again at home?

Errrr ...... right ..... okay.

:(

DazzleTommyDazzle

A week on Saturday looks pretty vital.

All the bottom 8 are involved in games against each other.

We really need a win against Colchester that day.

Maybe we should play George Hudson up front, given all the injuries?

Jackoskyblue

Was pissed off upset annoyed leaving the ground last night but felt the same after doncaster then went to Peterborough and was on top of the world. Last night doesn't change much we still need to win on Monday and with 2 days advantage over notts it's likely.

The only thing last night did was bring in those with games in hand into the fray. However points on the board is better than games to play. With everyone playing everyone in coming weeks you'll see the 3 worse teams drop off (not including Yeovil)

The performance first half was poor but Orient were poor too. Second half we should have been clear but I think you can put it down to "one of those games" and then they do a smash and grab job. Not forgetting Orient were hitting a bit of form recently so they were no chumps.

Let's keep our heads up high and go into Monday with all the passion we can muster. If you were planning on staying at home get yourself to Notts.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread