Open Letter to Supporters (2 Viewers)

ccfcway

I asked at the time did he say we? You didn't reply

Sky Blues chief executive Tim Fisher has insisted a High Court judge made the wrong decision after throwing out a judicial review brought by Sisu investigating the conduct of Coventry City Council.

He said: “Given the evidence and submissions we were very surprised by the judgment.
“We believe it is wrong in law and in fact. I have no doubt that this will be heard in the Court of Appeal in front of three very senior judges.”

Sky Blues boss Tim Fisher: 'High Court judge was wrong'

withnail

What I don't understand is why SISU keep going back to court over and over again.
They must think that have a chance of they simply wouldn't do it, they're entirely about money,they're bastards but they're not stupid...why do they keep going back for more, it must be costing them a fortune.
And london wasps must be a bit worried or they wouldn't be making all these gobby threats.

Why is this happening

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I don't get why you throw in your qualifications if you are constantly showing you don't have a clue?

How is it written by sisu? Can you point out anybody on here backing sisu rather than ccfc?

Seems you tried to be authoritative to really drive home a point, turns out you don't have a clue. Same as the banker who signed up and the other one in the industry. Get a refund on your training.

Look at the options they throw in to solve this situation. All are based around the likes of Wasps changing their rhetoric and standpoint of not talking while litigation continues. Not once does it say SISU should, or even could, alter their strategy.

Now, I don't agree with that standpoint of not negotiating and would prefer a show of good faith in at least agreeing the terms but not signing the contract until the litigation ends. But at the same time Wasps will be aware of how the council/ACL have entered negotiations and talks in the past only for SISU, either directly or through a subsidiary or the club itself, to claim terms have been agreed that haven't or for them to move the goalposts at the last minute. You give an inch they take a mile. In that instance I fully understand them sticking to their guns and keeping with the 'no litigation, no talks' line.

For someone who's been going on about how CCFC and SISU and Otium aren't the same thing (which I've never disputed from a legal perspective), you really should know better than to write "how is it written by SISU?" Look at what I wrote

"It may say CCFC, but it is clearly written from a SISU viewpoint".

Where do I say it's written BY SISU? I don't. I specifically say it's written by CCFC. What I do say is that SISU have clearly had an influence on it, the reasons for which are outlined above. If you can't see that influence then you are just proving to me that you don't have experience in these matters.

Nick

Administrator
Sky Blues chief executive Tim Fisher has insisted a High Court judge made the wrong decision after throwing out a judicial review brought by Sisu investigating the conduct of Coventry City Council.

He said: “Given the evidence and submissions we were very surprised by the judgment.
“We believe it is wrong in law and in fact. I have no doubt that this will be heard in the Court of Appeal in front of three very senior judges.”

Sky Blues boss Tim Fisher: 'High Court judge was wrong'

Did he say "we batter people in court"? I can't see that in there.

Nick

Administrator
Look at the options they throw in to solve this situation. All are based around the likes of Wasps changing their rhetoric and standpoint of not talking while litigation continues. Not once does it say SISU should, or even could, alter their strategy.

Now, I don't agree with that standpoint of not negotiating and would prefer a show of good faith in at least agreeing the terms but not signing the contract until the litigation ends. But at the same time Wasps will be aware of how the council/ACL have entered negotiations and talks in the past only for SISU, either directly or through a subsidiary or the club itself, to claim terms have been agreed that haven't or for them to move the goalposts at the last minute. You give an inch they take a mile. In that instance I fully understand them sticking to their guns and keeping with the 'no litigation, no talks' line.

For someone who's been going on about how CCFC and SISU and Otium aren't the same thing (which I've never disputed from a legal perspective), you really should know better than to write "how is it written by SISU?" Look at what I wrote

"It may say CCFC, but it is clearly written from a SISU viewpoint".

Where do I say it's written BY SISU? I don't. I specifically say it's written by CCFC. What I do say is that SISU have clearly had an influence on it, the reasons for which are outlined above. If you can't see that influence then you are just proving to me that you don't have experience in these matters.

You did dispute it, hence you asked where the golden share was. You then went to get proof that SISU had control (which I had been telling you all along).

If it was written by their viewpoint, do you think they would have their views in there? It's obvious that people don't agree with the court stuff the way they have spoken (see mark hornby). You keep referring to your experience and qualifications as it gives you authority, yet you don't know much of the basics about it all?

How come you are so aware of agreements in the past but aren't of the basics? How many times have Wasps gone against things they have said? What happened at the Higgs? What happened with the Coventry training ground? What happened with not doing a deal last year?

Your views are very much of Wasps viewpoint....

Nick

Administrator
did I say he did ?.

Is he speaking on behalf of SISU ?

No idea, it doesn't say who does it? Doesn't come across as speaking on behalf of SISU.
Which the one Magwitch keeps going on about does.

Can you find the quote we have been on about?

ccfcway

In isolation, It's a good statement by the club, one of which the chairman will have seen and likely signed off on.

Council are absolutely far from angels in this, but as some have pointed out on here, we are around 10,000 in a city of 300k+ voters.

SISU don't care, the council don't care as much as other aspects of their electorate needs and wasps care about their reputation, but not that much, as they were happy to move away from their home.

The cov fans left simply can not agree on the best course of action / protest and this statement by the club will sadly not change that. We are simple not united in who we blame and various parties will continue to use that to their advantage (inc our owners)

Nick

Administrator
In isolation, It's a good statement by the club, one of which the chairman will have seen and likely signed off on.

Council are absolutely far from angels in this, but as some have pointed out on here, we are around 10,000 in a city of 300k+ voters.

SISU don't care, the council don't care as much as other aspects of their electorate needs and wasps care about their reputation, but not that much, as they were happy to move away from their home.

The cov fans left simply can not agree on the best course of action / protest and this statement by the club will sadly not change that. We are simple not united in who we blame and various parties will continue to use that to their advantage (inc our owners)

If people can't unite by supporting CCFC (CCFC, not SISU) then nothing is going to work is it? Some want to see it die, some want to hammer it thinking it is hurting SISU.

ccfcway

No idea, it doesn't say who does it? Doesn't come across as speaking on behalf of SISU.
Which the one Magwitch keeps going on about does.

Can you find the quote we have been on about?

not going to bother looking, as I don't think he said that one did he ?

Nick

Administrator
not going to bother looking, as I don't think he said that one did he ?

No, he specifically said SISU. I'm just trying to figure out what posting that fisher said "We batter people in court" and that he is a director across multiple threads proves?

chiefdave

Bullshit. Administration was never put to the test. Robinson sold to SISU instead. No way a championship club would’ve just been liquidated.
KMPG were called in and ran an administration process. The only thing that was missing was not being formally put in to administration as a large amount of the money was owed to those running the club and it was felt the club was more saleable without a points deduction.

There was 7 groups interested in taking over. 6 identified ground ownership as a requirement and withdrew one by one after establishing the council weren't prepared to sell. The remaining group was the council's preferred bidder. The only one not seeking ground ownership, SISU.

higgs

Surely the coventry city council can't leave a hedge fund kick our football club out of our home city into non existence or can they?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ccfcway

If people can't unite by supporting CCFC (CCFC, not SISU) then nothing is going to work is it? Some want to see it die, some want to hammer it thinking it is hurting SISU.

Don't disagree.

I think we should go to a wasps game, all wear sky blue and sing "in our Coventry homes" or 90 mins, who's with me ?...…..

1) "I'm not giving wasps money"
2) "What will that do?"
3) "That helps wasps demonstrate its worth being at the ricoh"
4) "I can't be bothered"

next suggestion....

repeat....

Nick

Administrator
Don't disagree.

I think we should go to a wasps game, all wear sky blue and sing "in our Coventry homes" or 90 mins, who's with me ?...…..

1) "I'm not giving wasps money"
2) "What will that do?"
3) "That helps wasps demonstrate its worth being at the ricoh"
4) "I can't be bothered"

next suggestion....

repeat....

How about everybody fill the ground for every home match and show what CCFC means to them and why they can't leave Coventry?

JulianDarbyFTW

Where does the Higgs fall in all this? Didn't CCFC sign a multi-year agreement with them not too long ago? Assuming I'm right (I might not be - I try not to pay attention) then isn't this more than just the club / fans being screwed, but a charity too?

Nick

Administrator
KMPG were called in and ran an administration process. The only thing that was missing was not being formally put in to administration as a large amount of the money was owed to those running the club and it was felt the club was more saleable without a points deduction.

There was 7 groups interested in taking over. 6 identified ground ownership as a requirement and withdrew one by one after establishing the council weren't prepared to sell. The remaining group was the council's preferred bidder. The only one not seeking ground ownership, SISU.

I think the council bloke even mocked one of them at the time didn't he?

Nick

Administrator
Where does the Higgs fall in all this? Didn't CCFC sign a multi-year agreement with them not too long ago? Assuming I'm right (I might not be - I try not to pay attention) then isn't this more than just the club / fans being screwed, but a charity too?

The Higgs sold off the building with the academy I think. They did put a clause in that they couldn't give us a long term deal.

Don't fall for the charity stuff, just as snakey as the rest. The legal threats, the slyness.

ccfcway

How about everybody fill the ground for every home match and show what CCFC means to them and why they can't leave Coventry?

all 10,000 ?, as that's about how many it now means something to on a daily / weekly basis ?

Again, don't disagree with you, but many do, which is why that one wont / hasn't worked either

Nick

Administrator
all 10,000 ?, as that's about how many it now means something to on a daily / weekly basis ?

Again, don't disagree with you, but many do, which is why that one wont / hasn't worked either

People won't go because they think it is backing SISU because they think it's the same thing.

However, this:

4CC361AD00000578-0-image-a-2_1527709447147.jpg

Sends a much clearer message than this:

protest2.png

ccfcway

People won't go because they think it is backing SISU because they think it's the same thing.

That one I don't agree with. Most people wont go because they don't care enough to go every week, that's the vocal few

A Wembley trip is an event for the fair weather fans, but those who genuinely care enough to have a sustained protest (even if you agreed the best way was to pack the stadium each home game) isn't many more than 15k tops I would suggest.

Nick

Administrator
That one I don't agree with. Most people wont go because they don't care enough to go every week.

You are probably right as well for some.

We saw it with Sixfields though, came back to a full house. Everybody vanished the next week.

It would send a statement if 30,000 rocked up dressed in sky blue wouldn't it?

ccfcway

You are probably right as well for some.

We saw it with Sixfields though, came back to a full house. Everybody vanished the next week.

It would send a statement if 30,000 rocked up dressed in sky blue wouldn't it?

preaching to the converted. Again, they were glad they club was back, but didn't care enough to return 2 weeks later.

Nick

Administrator
preaching to the converted. Again, they were glad they club was back, but didn't care enough to return 2 weeks later.

Wasn't meaning you by the way. Might chat a lot of shite trying to be funny but as far as I know you go when physically possible (Tamworth friendly even I think?).

The thing is, so many people who are shouting and angry about it don't really go. You have board members of the trust who won't go to home games.

How can people make a stand about playing in Coventry when they don't go anyway when we are there? Unless our fans start properly caring in force then nobody else will.

The community day may be a good idea (but I think is a while away).

wince

What we need , is for the court to make a decision on the appeal of the appeal of the appeal , if that gets kicked out, then Sisu will have to make the next a move , in the past , they have always had the control ,as only they knew the next move , but if no appeal , they will have to show there hand first

chiefdave

If the club doesn't exist the grant for the academy will stop and the academy will close. Not sure how big an impact that would be on Higgs.

Also would most likely mean the end of Sky Blues in the Community and all the work they do.

Sky Blue Pete

If the club doesn't exist the grant for the academy will stop and the academy will close. Not sure how big an impact that would be on Higgs.

Also would most likely mean the end of Sky Blues in the Community and all the work they do.
THINk sbitc is separate from the club

Nick

Administrator

SBITC might still be able to get away with it with a name change.

ccfcway

Wasn't meaning you by the way. Might chat a lot of shite trying to be funny but as far as I know you go when physically possible (Tamworth friendly even I think?).

I do. thanks.

Same to you, your clearly a very genuine cov fan despite being stupidly argumentative, never wrong and always has to have the last word

JulianDarbyFTW

I guess this decision has quite wide-ranging impact. It isn't just the fans that will be crushed, but local businesses, charities, and community partners. Short-sighted decisions all round.

Users who are viewing this thread