Open Letter to Supporters (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
All perfectly legal and is not fraud in any terms. Moving funds around group structures thereby creating losses is legal in company law, tax law, accounting regulation etc. The transactions are disclosed in the accounts and such tactics available in any group structure. Having a go at me or my post is not going to change that
I don't agree with him on most things but I think he was venting anger at sisu rather than you. I wouldn't take it personally.

fernandopartridge

The council’s statement was pretty troubling, they genuinely seem indifferent to the fate of Coventry City and worse, doesn’t seem to acknowledge their role in this farce.

The council, politicians and owners of CCFC benefitted from the sale of Highfield Road. Which tied us to building the RICOH when we couldn’t afford it. Benefitting from an unsustainable rent deal and finally, the sale of the RICOH to Wasps. Genuine question, would the CCC even given planning permission for a new stadium in Coventry? At the height of hostilities, I’d doubt that.

The sale of the RICOH has put the long term stability of the football club at risk. Why? Precisely the position we find ourselves. The council can’t force another corporate entity to do a deal with another regardless of any ‘promises’ that ‘safeguards’ the future of Coventry City. I’m indifferent to the legal action, but, it’s pretty clear Wasps are trying to blackmail us into dropping legal action. This is fundamentally wrong, if the sale was legitimate, then the courts will show that (again). Yet the council seemingly takes the position of ‘well CCFC can end this by dropping legal action’. But then what? Coventry City is tied to a stadium it literally has no chance of ever owning. The CCC could’ve safeguarded 1/2 of the stadium for CCFC until it’s owner (SISU or whomever) proved they were ‘fit’ to buy that share.

What bothers me is that Council has hedged its bets with a hedge-fund owned London rugby club. Potentially at the expense of not just one Coventry based team, but two. Both clubs have been in the city, with its local history going back to the 19th century.

SISU won’t remain here forever, yet, when they do eventually leave, the club still has an uncertain future.

We all know SISU has been belligerent in its aims, we don’t need another voice condemning them. But, this whole farce is more than black and white, SISU ‘bad’ and CCC/ACL/Wasps ‘good’.
Excellent summary

fernandopartridge

If SISU won their court case and by some amazing quirk of fate won a fortune in compensation, does anyone in their right mind think that CCFC would see any of that money ?! Do they think SISU would still try and buy the Arena........I don't, I think they'd be off at break neck speed to pastures new bleating about battering everyone in court to any future possible investors out their in the seedy world of the hedge funds. CCFC are just the political football being kicked around in the midst of all these sharks.
Who really cares? If it meant SISU fucked off into the distance and Wasps went bust it's a good outcome

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I don't agree with him on most things but I think he was venting anger at sisu rather than you. I wouldn't take it personally.

I know but just making things clear. Not taking it to heart :)

Ashdown

All perfectly legal and is not fraud in any terms. Moving funds around group structures thereby creating losses is legal in company law, tax law, accounting regulation etc. The transactions are disclosed in the accounts and such tactics available in any group structure. Having a go at me or my post is not going to change that
I really wasn't having a go at your post, I just think it disgusting how companies are allowed to do any of it legally .

Nick

Administrator
I really wasn't having a go at your post, I just think it disgusting how companies are allowed to do any of it legally .
It's the same as being able to absolutely hammer the legal system. No 3 strikes and out. That's the law so effectively legal.

Nick

Administrator
Another:

This is why a good start would be a few statements put out to clear them all up. Get fans on the same page.

Mucca Mad Boys

What we dont know is if we had applied for planning permission and if the council had turned it down what would the verdict of the courts been to SISU court cases have been! But there again cannot have supposition against Bullshit can we?
If CCFC want to talk a deal then Boddy need to go to the Wasps and say "if you genuinly dont see any problems with next review then our deal is give us a 4 year deal at £120K per year and CCFC will pay your court costs you have incurred as a result of SISU's appeal!" can you imagine what the courts would think knowing that was an offer and they turned it down?

I doubt Boddy even has the power to do that. Also, a party wouldn’t offer to pay the other’s legal fees if they feel they’ve been wronged by the other parties dealings. That infers they’re in the wrong by doing so.

On the flip side, why is it ok for Wasps to essentially blackmail us into dropping legal action? The CCC and Wasps stances publicly seems to be drop the legal proceedings or bust for you. Big bully tactics.

If SISU won their court case and by some amazing quirk of fate won a fortune in compensation, does anyone in their right mind think that CCFC would see any of that money ?! Do they think SISU would still try and buy the Arena........I don't, I think they'd be off at break neck speed to pastures new bleating about battering everyone in court to any future possible investors out their in the seedy world of the hedge funds. CCFC are just the political football being kicked around in the midst of all these sharks.

Look, I don’t know what SISU are fighting for per se, as my knowledge on legal matters is pretty much nonexistent. But, to me, it doesn’t appear that they’re fighting for for a ‘lump sum’ compensation. It appears to be contesting the sale of the RICOH, yet, I don’t know what they stand to gain if it is found the sale was illegal. Either way, assuming they did get a lump sum however unlikely. But, let’s entertain this thought, would that lump sum be more than SISU claim they’ve put into the club? Again, unlikely.

CCFC has been a political football, and the council has done more than its fair share of hoofing it around Boothroyd style. The problems at the club didn’t start with SISU, and our fans generally forget this. Relegation to L1 would’ve been all but a certainty had we gone into admin the year SISU took over. A billionaire looked at our finances and gave a hard pass.

You do know Wasps are also run by a ‘seedy hedge fund’. Yet, for some reason people think their lot are more benevolent than our seedy lot.

Nick

Administrator
Another strange account pushing the rhetoric about the club dying:

1 follower, majority of tweets today.

ceetee

There would be no reason for SISU to walk away in the complete sense.
Presumably they would close down the Academy, sell Ryton Training facilities, sell the players for what they could get.....
But they could still retain ownership of CCFC in name, as it would have no selling value...... or am I missing something that all of these keyboard warriors know about?
And yes, I am listening to the game on CWR

Nick

Administrator
Here's another one setup purely to mislead:

How about the trust and other fans groups who want to stand with the ccfc community speak with anti ccfc twats like this? They will know full well who is behind them as well.

Captain Dart

Nick

Administrator
That's a parody account, a lot of people hate Boddy, you will understand if you research Boddy's history.

Maybe CCFC will turn out to be Boddy's next victim.
Dave Boddy | City Banter Board
I was pointing out the content and what he pushes rather then the name. The same as their other accounts.

It's hardly set up like the Michael Doyle one is it?

I'm sure you knew that though, being well versed in that approach

chiefdave

There would be no reason for SISU to walk away in the complete sense.
Presumably they would close down the Academy, sell Ryton Training facilities, sell the players for what they could get.....
SISU will sell what we consider the football club only if that gets them a better return than breaking it up and selling individual components. Does anyone believe they would think twice about liquidating the club to maximise their return?

Captain Dart

I was pointing out the content and what he pushes rather then the name. The same as their other accounts.

It's hardly set up like the Michael Doyle one is it?

I'm sure you knew that though, being well versed in that approach

You come across as being paranoid, do you think every critical voice is a member of some sort of plot?

Nick

Administrator
You come across as being paranoid, do you think every critical voice is a member of some sort of plot?

What is paranoid about what I said?

I'd say somebody who makes multiple different accounts to try and mislead city fans must be up to something. Don't you? There is a massive difference between critical and purposely misleading across multiple accounts.

I tell you what though, I can see why that road campaigner fella got loads of hassle from the council for hammering them. He must have been paranoid too.

Nick

Administrator
Apparently the Trust discussed and decided against speaking out about the council? Don't know how much substance that has but would explain a few things.

Magwitch

To be honest I think that’s probably the right decision for now, in a fight you concentrate on the most dangerous and at the moment that is Wasps it’s they who threaten our existence with their no talks stance, I also think they are the weakest, blaming others be it Council or sisu no good concentrate on one enemy.

Captain Dart

Accountants have a heart?
I know it's Christmas but ...:emoji_santa:
Its a cold black one.
e26ed580-0b1b-0134-24a5-0e1b1c96d76b.png

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Unfortunately we as fans are going to do nothing. The fan base is fractured. 4 things to get to grips with

1) SISU are going to do what’s best for SISU
2) The fans are not going to take on SISU (because nobody knows who to attack)
3) The fans won’t take on Wasps or the Council because nobody has the appetite to or no leaders (trust are too much in bed with them, or honestly believe they’ll help us)
4) letters to SISU are a waste of time - no threat credible to them

Ultimately I’ve given up, unless wasps give us a deal, which no doubt will hamstring us - we’re folding at the end of the season.

Time to just enjoy the last few months of our football team, and look forward to the fan base bickering in the fallout.

But hey, SISU will be gone hey..

matesx

Unfortunately we as fans are going to do nothing. The fan base is fractured. 4 things to get to grips with

1) SISU are going to do what’s best for SISU
2) The fans are not going to take on SISU (because nobody knows who to attack)
3) The fans won’t take on Wasps or the Council because nobody has the appetite to or no leaders (trust are too much in bed with them, or honestly believe they’ll help us)
4) letters to SISU are a waste of time - no threat credible to them

Ultimately I’ve given up, unless wasps give us a deal, which no doubt will hamstring us - we’re folding at the end of the season.

Time to just enjoy the last few months of our football team, and look forward to the fan base bickering in the fallout.

But hey, SISU will be gone hey..

...and a very merry Xmas to you too.

Captain Dart

A lot more water has yet to flow under the bridge.
All predictions of impending doom have to be put aside until there is no time left to come to a last minute agreement.
I voted that the club will be playing at somewhere other than the Ricoh next season in the poll I started.
Most likely outcome for the club next season.
I still think that, neither side will blink but SISU will not pull the plug.

pastythegreat

To be honest I think that’s probably the right decision for now, in a fight you concentrate on the most dangerous and at the moment that is Wasps it’s they who threaten our existence with their no talks stance, I also think they are the weakest, blaming others be it Council or sisu no good concentrate on one enemy.
Pick em off 1 by 1.
Get rid of w***s and SISU will get the Ricoh, once they can sell the Ricoh AND CCFC together they'll turn profit and are more likely to sell up and fuck off.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I was eleven in 87

Not sure if this has already been posted on here, but it’s comments from the Council following contact from the Coventry Observer?

Coventry City Council Leader George Duggins has backed his joint statement of last week that the council's October 2014 public written committment to the security and future of Coventry City Football Club under the Ricoh Arena's sale was limited to just four years.

The Coventry Observer have questioned Cllr Duggins on this and he replied: “I don’t regard anything misleading about the statement. As for public opinion I believe the vast majority of people in Coventry share our view that it in the gift of the owners to solve this matter.

“By the way on the four year tenancy between 2014 and 2018, in fact it was a two plus two year tenancy.

“I am happy to stand by what Gary and I have said. “Public opinion is firmly on our side and will remain so.

“Did anyone hear the Dave Boddy interview on BBC Coventry and Warwickshire?

“He asked what has changed since (this year’s) one year extension (on the Ricoh tenancy). And why negotiations could not go ahead as previously.

“Omitting that Wasps had made clear ‘no further deals’ if legal action continued.

“It reminds me of someone who sets their house on fire and blames the fire brigade for not getting there quick enough."

On whether he as a Ricoh Arena freeholder would meet the club, he said: “Of course, once the legals are dropped or exhausted.

“Essentially the main negotiations are not ones we can have any influence over.

“It is now time for Coventry City shareholders to demonstrate their love for the club by dropping the legals, allowing the opening of negotiations. They can’t absolve themselves of responsibility for the future wellbeing of the club, and pass it on to others.”

Councilor Gary Ridley said: “Just to re-iterate our position, the Conservative group supports the actions which the council has taken.

“We’re confident that Coventry City Council has acted in the best interests of the city’s taxpayers. We also believe that all legal action by Sisu-related companies needs to come to an end.

“I completely agree with these comments from George and I am happy to add my name to them too.”

Nick

Administrator
Interesting he mentions public opinion on their side and will remain so...

Also strange he can't see anything misleading about the original statements.

Sisu are massive twats who don't give a shit, however he comes across as another one who seems smug because he can get away with it.

I will await a few random accounts appearing, strange Twitter replies etc. Weird that happens. Probably why he's so confident about public opinion, the trust aren't going to say a thing about it either.

Users who are viewing this thread