Open Letter to Supporters (6 Viewers)

You do not need to. Its is obvious that someone who has made 9 posts (all related to non football matters) is not a supporter

You don't post like a supporter. Your response to the comment on legal action in a tenancy agreement was the typical "where is the new stadium" shite You do not attend so you do not give a fuck. Inserting clauses preventing legal actions is not a legitimate argument to present.

You have no interest in the club, you do not attend games and its all just a big laugh about lets get one over Sisu

Fuck off back where you belong
I was a supporter for many years, never missing home games. I was a Sky Blue Pools agent until work meant I was unable to continue. I used to attend as often as I could, but when SISU took the club to Sixfields, I stopped going.

SISU / Otium have milked the club for all they can at every opportunity. They have no intention of selling the club - they could have done this several years ago.

I hardly think it is a big laugh - the years since SISU took ownership of the club have massively divided the fan base and done more to killing the club than what would have happened if the club had been liquidated and started again with a clean slate!

Nick

Administrator
I was a supporter for many years, never missing home games. I was a Sky Blue Pools agent until work meant I was unable to continue. I used to attend as often as I could, but when SISU took the club to Sixfields, I stopped going.

SISU / Otium have milked the club for all they can at every opportunity. They have no intention of selling the club - they could have done this several years ago.

I hardly think it is a big laugh - the years since SISU took ownership of the club have massively divided the fan base and done more to killing the club than what would have happened if the club had been liquidated and started again with a clean slate!

So somebody who doesn't bother decides to login to defend Wasps after 2 years? What I don't get is why people wouldn't give a shit enough to comment after years (plenty has happened, playoffs, checkatrade) but then finds the motivation when it is about Wasps?

The point you made had also already been discussed multiple times in the thread.

torchomatic

So somebody who doesn't bother decides to login to defend Wasps after 2 years? What I don't get is why people wouldn't give a shit enough to comment after years (plenty has happened, playoffs, checkatrade) but then finds the motivation when it is about Wasps?

The point you made had also already been discussed multiple times in the thread.
It isn't about Wasps at all - it is about SISU / Otium!

Like I said, I stopped going and never commented on the team as I have not watched them play at home since the move to Sixfields...
Once we find new owners, I will be one of the first in the queue for tickets!

Ashdown

I’m with skybluestevie on this. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the past (and let’s face it sisu’s actions in taking us to Northampton rather than buying the Ricoh mean we don’t own the ground we play at) the fact of the matter is that we are the tenants of wasps. The courts have consistently ruled against sisu (their pigheadedness leads to endless appeals to the detriment of OUR football club) and our landlords have decided enough is enough...I can’t blame them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can't even think those things on here ! The shields have gone up to protect the real protagonists in all this and you will be accused soon of not being a proper fan. Truth is this is just a very small cross section of supporters. In reality I guess most in the City know who are holding up a deal for continuity ! It's ok trying to put SISU's influence and decisions in the past but it is them that are still fucking up CCFC !

Nick

Administrator
You can't even think those things on here ! The shields have gone up to protect the real protagonists in all this and you will be accused soon of not being a proper fan. Truth is this is just a very small cross section of supporters. In reality I guess most in the City know who are holding up a deal for continuity ! It's ok trying to put SISU's influence and decisions in the past but it is them that are still fucking up CCFC !

Point out where they are being defended.

Somebody else who doesn't bother with the club trying to push that, can you see the pattern emerging?

Nick

Administrator
It isn't about Wasps at all - it is about SISU / Otium!

Like I said, I stopped going and never commented on the team as I have not watched them play at home since the move to Sixfields...
Once we find new owners, I will be one of the first in the queue for tickets!

Was I reading a different post? Your first one in this thread was about Wasps. There have been thousands of threads about SISU over the years, yet you just login to post when somebody says something about Wasps?

You could comment on the away matches you went to, surely?

Covstu

to be fair its probably the most important topic in our current history!

Joy Division

People have different opinions on things which is fine.

Calling fellow fans 'retards' and saying they should 'fuck off' because you don't agree with something is shameful and makes the situation much worse.

Was I reading a different post? Your first one in this thread was about Wasps. There have been thousands of threads about SISU over the years, yet you just login to post when somebody says something about Wasps?

You could comment on the away matches you went to, surely?
I only log in when it looks like something important regarding the future of the club we grew up supporting may be happening, I remember this site exists and I have some time on my hands...

chiefdave

Looking at the reaction to the Trusts statement on facebook, twitter and on here it seems they've massively misjudged the feeling among supporters. Hopefully they will act swiftly to put things right.

Calling fellow fans 'retards' and saying they should 'fuck off' because you don't agree with something is shameful and makes the situation much worse.
I have very thick skin - maybe not quite as thick as the whale omelette that some people who post here possess for grey matter, and their abuse / insults do not trouble me, though I can understand why people can be hesitant to post!

NorthernWisdom

I agree. I'll call a moron a moron (some deserve it!) if they decide to go in full offensive guns blazing, but if they want to debate the issues, debate the issues.

Personally I find the constant banging of the 'SISU are not CCFC' drum tiresome. That's a literal statement that's still as much use to anybody as saying I am not a potato. Ultimately, the paymasters control what happens to Otium Entertainment Group, trading as Coventry City Football Club, so it's hardly surprising they're linked.

(And no, I don't think that legal action means a deal can't be made, I don't think that letting Wasps off is at all appropriate, but I do think the constant focus on that is actually really... pointless)

Nick

Administrator
to be fair its probably the most important topic in our current history!

Even more strange that people would want to login to say Wasps should kick us out of a ground that they have no interest in visiting to watch us play. A point that had already been raised and discussed a few times.

It is very much that people shit themselves when the talk is pressuring other people, people can think that multiple parties are bellends. Saying Wasps or the council are bellends doesn't instinctively mean that people are defending SISU. Far from it. People know full well about SISU, they aren't going to forget in a hurry. People panicking to login to try and paint the wasps = goodies and sisu = baddies picture after having no interest in the club for years is more the point. People don't need reminding that SISU are baddies from people who gave up bothering about CCFC years ago.

It's not as black or white as that.

Grendel

I have very thick skin - maybe not quite as thick as the whale omelette that some people who post here possess for grey matter, and their abuse / insults do not trouble me, though I can understand why people can be hesitant to post!

You are not a fan - you admit you are happy for the club to close down

Nick

Administrator
I agree. I'll call a moron a moron (some deserve it!) if they decide to go in full offensive guns blazing, but if they want to debate the issues, debate the issues.

Personally I find the constant banging of the 'SISU are not CCFC' drum tiresome. That's a literal statement that's still as much use to anybody as saying I am not a potato. Ultimately, the paymasters control what happens to Otium Entertainment Group, trading as Coventry City Football Club, so it's hardly surprising they're linked.

(And no, I don't think that legal action means a deal can't be made, I don't think that letting Wasps off is at all appropriate, but I do think the constant focus on that is actually really... pointless)

The point had literally been debated a few points before.

It needs to be banged because strangely people don't get it. People are strangely now saying "Fisher is a director and chairman" as if that really means anything we didn't know already, so obviously that's something that people now seem to think has been unveiled.

It's pretty obvious that SISU and CCFC are linked also, it's more the "SISU are CCFC so I will just shout at CCFC and I will really show SISU" approach.

NorthernWisdom

The point had literally been debated a few points before.

It needs to be banged because strangely people don't get it. People are strangely now saying "Fisher is a director and chairman" as if that really means anything we didn't know already, so obviously that's something that people now seem to think has been unveiled.

It's pretty obvious that SISU and CCFC are linked also, it's more the "SISU are CCFC so I will just shout at CCFC and I will really show SISU" approach.

It really doesn't need to be banged.

If it's obvious that Fisher is chairman etc, then why doesn't the point die like you say happens when people say SISU are nonsensical malevolant gibberers, and that's why such threads die quickly? People do get that CCFC and SISU are inextricably linked, and that SISU's actions have an affect on the football club. They get that ultimately that doesn't stop Otium Entertainment Group playing fixtures, the manager managing, and the CEO CEO'ing.

I am not a bean salad.

You are not a fan - you admit you are happy for the club to close down
No - I am far from happy that the club is so close to being closed down! But there is nothing I can do about it other than voice my opinion...

My opinion is formed by thinking what would I do if I were in their shoes...

If I were in SISU's shoes, I would know that to pursue legal action would likely cause untold damage to the club, possibly finish it!
If I were in Wasps' shoes, I would take exactly the stance that they seem to be taking.

As a fan, I believe SISU backing down would be by far the best outcome, but as a realist, I seriously doubt this will happen, so the oulook for the club is very bleak!

Grendel

No - I am far from happy that the club is so close to being closed down! But there is nothing I can do about it other than voice my opinion...

My opinion is formed by thinking what would I do if I were in their shoes...

If I were in SISU's shoes, I would know that to pursue legal action would likely cause untold damage to the club, possibly finish it!
If I were in Wasps' shoes, I would take exactly the stance that they seem to be taking.

As a fan, I believe SISU backing down would be by far the best outcome, but as a realist, I seriously doubt this will happen, so the oulook for the club is very bleak!

So if they stopped legal action and remained at the Ricoh you'd be buying a ticket for home games then?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Most of that I agree with, the Wasp angle at the moment is the only way, but if the Trust for example are as bad as is said who else will do it ?

Nick and Grendel , they have a lot to say on the subject so come on you guys, nows the time to get off your ass and do something.

Colin Steins Smile

I'm late to this thread, so apologies if this was view has already been aired.

It's obvious that we are facing difficulties unless someone backs down. My concern is that whilst the Supreme Court appeal and other posturing is going on that the progress on the field stalls, due to distractions off the pitch.

My view is that previous protests against the various parties has, at times, negatively impacted on the pitch and I include the Sheff United game at home, when we got relegated.

Furthermore, they didn't seem to have any impact on our owners, Wasps or CCC. The only impact it had was to keep our situation being publicised, which was positive!

However, is there mileage in targeting the owners via other investments they are making? They state that CCFC is being run at a neutral cost and they are making money in other areas, so can we identify those businesses and negatively impact on them?

Nick

Administrator
It really doesn't need to be banged.

If it's obvious that Fisher is chairman etc, then why doesn't the point die like you say happens when people say SISU are nonsensical malevolant gibberers, and that's why such threads die quickly? People do get that CCFC and SISU are inextricably linked, and that SISU's actions have an affect on the football club. They get that ultimately that doesn't stop Otium Entertainment Group playing fixtures, the manager managing, and the CEO CEO'ing.

I am not a bean salad.

It only really gets banged when people jump in trying to say otherwise though to try and cloud it. It's more to do with the "if we bash CCFC then it is really going to show SISU" or "if Wasps or the council bash ccfc then it's bashing SISU". I don't think anybody would disagree if ann lucas rocked up in london and had a bare knuckle with joy seppalla.

By all means, kick ten barrels of shit out of SISU. It's when people want to kick ten barrels of shit out of the club thinking it is hurting SISU.

So if they stopped legal action and remained at the Ricoh you'd be buying a ticket for home games then?
Nope - I am a supporter of NOPM

When they go, I will return. They have done nothing to earn the trust or loyalty of supporters since they switched from "Operation Premiership" to "Operation Get the Ricoh as Cheaply as Possible"

Grendel

Nope - I am a supporter of NOPM

When they go, I will return. They have done nothing to earn the trust or loyalty of supporters since they switched from "Operation Premiership" to "Operation Get the Ricoh as Cheaply as Possible"

Operation premiership was before sisu

As I said not a fan

skybluetony176

Funny thing about the Jimmy Hill Ways statement and the Trusts apparent statement about that all they’ve really done is support the club in distancing itself from SISU (although they’re including Tim Fisher in that, which is only fair) and called for Wasps to open talks with the club, not SISU...
...and Tim Fisher.

Only on here could it get blown into anything else. Most likely by people who haven’t even read The Jimmy Hill way statement and jumped on a bandwagon.

Nick

Administrator
However, is there mileage in targeting the owners via other investments they are making? They state that CCFC is being run at a neutral cost and they are making money in other areas, so can we identify those businesses and negatively impact on them?

I think the issue is finding out who they are. People a lot clever have tried but the way it is all setup it hasn't really been possible. Doing something like that would be directly targeting SISU which is much better compared to the other examples you gave about the club.

I do remember looking a while ago and saw that Coleman was linked with St Helens but it didn't really give too much information at all, not much mention of it so might be worth speaking with their fans groups to see what they know?

Running on the pitch won't bother Joy, pissing off her investors would.

Nick

Administrator
Funny thing about the Jimmy Hill Ways statement and the Trusts apparent statement about that all they’ve really done is support the club in distancing itself from SISU (although they’re including Tim Fisher in that, which is only fair) and called for Wasps to open talks with the club, not SISU...
...and Tim Fisher.

Only on here could it get blown into anything else. Most likely by people who haven’t even read The Jimmy Hill way statement and jumped on a bandwagon.

Guess they will be returning to home games then? Will they stop with the talk of trying to kill the club or boycott to pick up the scraps so they can try and run it themselves?

They have put a sentence in them saying "we hope wasps will do a deal". Like I said earlier, how much of that will be followed up going forward or is it just a box ticking exercise so they can say "we did call Wasps out".

Operation premiership was before sisu

As I said not a fan
SISU originally had a plan to return the club to the Premiership, and actually put funding in to the club. When that failed they turned their attention to obtaining the Ricoh. While the original "Operation Premiership" was just prior to SISU taking over, I refer to SISU's attempts at gaining promotion. They did not declare "Operation Premiership" any more than they did "Operation Get the Ricoh as Cheaply as Possible", but the intention was there...

Ashdown

Point out where they are being defended.

Somebody else who doesn't bother with the club trying to push that, can you see the pattern emerging?
Here we go again.....doesnt bother with club, we've been to a few games this season and have tickets for Luton and Charlton games but you're getting hysterical about people having a differing opinion. I want this resolved like the next man but I'm not blind to why we are where are !

Nick

Administrator
Here we go again.....doesnt bother with club, we've been to a few games this season and have tickets for Luton and Charlton games but you're getting hysterical about people having a differing opinion. I want this resolved like the next man but I'm not blind to why we are where are !

Wait a minute, aren't you the one trying to say people are defending SISU because they have a different opinion? Feel free to gather some quotes from this thread?

Yep, there certainly is a pattern with those who want it to die that don't really bother and want to call others "SISU lovers".

skybluetony176

Guess they will be returning to home games then?

They have put a sentence in them saying "we hope wasps will do a deal". Like I said earlier, how much of that will be followed up going forward or is it just a box ticking exercise so they can say "we did call Wasps out".

The trust has been writing letters to all parties asking them to get a deal together regularly for months haven’t they? Been ticking lots of boxes for quite a while then haven’t they? What else would you like to see either the Jimmy Hill Way or the Trust do exactly? How many boxes are you willing to tick yourself? Sorry, my mistake, you’ve already confirmed that you’re not doing that. Unless the box is moaning about no one else doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread