Open Letter to Supporters (4 Viewers)

Magwitch

Is that a joke? Shockingly bad from the Trust if that is genuine.

After all the comments on here, suggestions of things that could be done to ensure we have a club next season to just use it as an excuse to have another pop at SISU, which won't even register with Sepalla, is a terrible response.
Im not sure what to make of this latest Trust statement. I’m also not sure what plan of action I could support you are very vocal on here in your contempt of the Trust, you must have your own ideas what could be done, if you have what are they ?

Nick

Administrator
The Trust and other associated acts need to be able to hold their tongue about what's gone before. It is irrelevant to the here and now and won't solve anything. It's all a bit self-satisified.

The thing is, they will all be sat around patting each other on the back now for showing SISU.

The Jimmy Hill Way is just a bloke who is effectively part of the trust who shouts what the trust want to say but were advised not to by supporters direct, that's why it was setup in the first place.

They have no interest in listening to the fans views. This happened before with the Higgs stuff.

"SISU SISU SISU SISU SISU SISU SISU wasps please talk SISU SISU SISU SISU SISU"

It's as if it is being said to tick a box to say they have done it and nothing more.

Liquid Gold

Im not sure what to make of this latest Trust statement. I’m also not sure what plan of action I could support you are very vocal on here in your contempt of the Trust, you must have your own ideas what could be done, if you have what are they ?
Be a grown up fan representative group and do what's best for the club and it's supporters. In this case doing anything it can to get towards a deal being negotiated, calling for mediation, say it supports the club's efforts to talk, pressure on all three parties, petitions against them all, protests against them all.. What they shouldn't be doing is acting like spoiled children having a go at the baddie, it too important for stupid waffle shit like that.

skybluetony176

The Trust and other associated acts need to be able to hold their tongue about what's gone before. It is irrelevant to the here and now and won't solve anything. It's all a bit self-satisified.

Try telling that to the posters who keep bringing up groups like Shapario and Manhattan. Absolutely pointless going over old ground but at least the trust are consistent with their biggest critics on here.

Nick

Administrator
Try telling that to the posters who keep bringing up groups like Shapario and Manhattan. Absolutely pointless going over old ground but at least the trust are consistent with their biggest critics on here.

Ha, so people discussing things like that is the same as a fans trust statement? OK then.

Just need "Why dont you go for a place on the board" and it's a full house.

Liquid Gold

A club's supporters trust needs to be a fan representative group. Ours is a vehicle for shouting dissatisfaction against ownership, that's why it's never achieved anything significant.

chiefdave

It's all a bit self-satisified.
Its almost like they are willing Wasps to send the club to the wall so they can sit around saying told you so and talk about how evil SISU are.

Who is their target audience with this kind of thing? Nobody wants SISU here or thinks they are good owners. Won't even reach SISU and Sepalla. Or do they think that if somehow Sepalla ends up reading it she'll have an epiphany and drop all the legal action?

skybluetony176

Ha, so people discussing things like that is the same as a fans trust statement? OK then.

Just need "Why dont you go for a place on the board" and it's a full house.

Don’t know what you’re complaining about. They’re doing nothing as per the example you set. Thought you would be happy.

Nick

Administrator
Its almost like they are willing Wasps to send the club to the wall so they can sit around saying told you so and talk about how evil SISU are.

I'd say it's more because they think they will be gifted the club and get to play football club owners. At one of the meetings they were talking about home games only and picking the club up from administration. Then they all sat there excited when they said "raise your hands if you will go to home games" and nobody really did. Was like they were all getting a lap dance off Mila Kunis but were trying to keep the excitement in.

Nick

Administrator
Don’t know what you’re complaining about. They’re doing nothing as per the example you set. Thought you would be happy.

To be fair, they are living by the example they set years ago. It's got to the point now where the only people who seem to think they represent fans is themselves and media outlets who still humour them.

chiefdave

Posted this yesterday
Going after SISU is a complete waste of time and effort, totally agree. Its been done and has had zero impact.

However Wasps have shown themselves to be very sensitive to negative press.

What we really need is the Trust to get on the case. They are the biggest fans group and have the media connections making it far me effective than me, you or anybody else starting yet another group.

Doesn't mean disruption at Wasps games or annoying their supporters, although seeing that many of them seem keen for us to go to the wall I do wonder sometimes why we are so careful to not upset them.

The speech Sillett made the other day is a perfect launch point.

Off the top of my head they could easily get a stream of former players talking to CWR and the Telegraph saying the club must not cease to exist and must stay in Coventry. If you could get the likes of Maddison and Wilson's support you'd probably get national coverage. It was done with the Northampton move and would be more effective this time round as SISU didn't give a shit what any former player thought of us being in Northampton, Wasps will certainly be concerned if every couple of days there's another player in the local media highlighting the issue.

Pressure the council, not just on their misleading (to be charitable) statements at the time of the sale but of the economic impact on the city if the football club are no longer here.

Highlight that in the year Coventry will be the city of sport the football club will cease to exist.

Contact Wasps sponsors to ensure the feeling of the local population is known to them. JLR being a good starting point as a company with a big presence in the city who have a lot of our supporters on their workforce. Its often said when city are doing well productivity increases, another angle to play.

Sure there's plenty of other things people can come up with but it needs someone like the trust to be a focal point and bring everyone together.

Magwitch

Most of that I agree with, the Wasp angle at the moment is the only way, but if the Trust for example are as bad as is said who else will do it ?

If you were a landlord and one of your tenants was taking you to court, stating that they could have previously bought the house they are now renting from you, but didn't want to pay the price at the time, stating they think it was unlawful that you then bought it for the price you did without telling them you were bidding on it, would you consider renewing their tenancy or tell them to move out when their current deal comes to an end?

Doesn't take much thinking about does it!

Nick

Administrator
If you were a landlord and one of your tenants was taking you to court, stating that they could have previously bought the house they are now renting from you, but didn't want to pay the price at the time, stating they think it was unlawful that you then bought it for the price you did without telling them you were bidding on it, would you consider renewing their tenancy or tell them to move out when their current deal comes to an end?

Glad you logged in after 2 years to tell us that.

It doesn't take much thinking about, have a look at where we are playing now.

Nick

Administrator
The council have again said that the thing about CCFC's future only counted for the existing deal and not the future of ccfc.

What's strange is that the council leader also said:

Let me be clear, any deal around the future of the Ricoh Arena must not happen if it threatens the future of the Sky Blues or Coventry Rugby Club.

There's nothing in there that says "for the duration of the existing agreement".

Madness that they are just trying to wash their hands with it. It threatened the future of CCFC the moment they signed the deal, regardless of SISU.

Grendel

Would you as a tenant sign a contract with a landlord which includes a clause prohibiting court action against them?

Glad you logged in after 2 years to tell us that.

It doesn't take much thinking about, have a look at where we are playing now.
I never bother logging in as you are always spouting the same nonsense - I thought I would check in and see if you actually had anything sensible to say, but you still seem to be blaming everyone apart from SISU/Otium...

Grendel

That's why I would like Sisu to call their bluff. They are in reality never ever going to win this legal battle, so drop the court cases, call Wasps' bluff and see what they say then.

They still persist in being awkward and reluctant to do business and it will turn many people against them. We then start a campaign urging people to boycott Wasps games.

This is a line constantly peddled and its absurd.

So can they call the action off and when signing a new deal commence a new legal action? Should they be banned from taking any future legal action? So will the agreement forbid future legal action? So wasps could find a new tenant in the future and throw us out half way through a tenancy agreement and the owners would have no legal comeback?

Stupid really isn't it? Wasps know its unworkable and no-one would agree to it but also know the frothy mouth CCFC fans will pat them on the back for it

Nick

Administrator
I never bother logging in as you are always spouting the same nonsense - I thought I would check in and see if you actually had anything sensible to say, but you still seem to be blaming everyone apart from SISU/Otium...

Maybe read the thread. Don't think a single person has said they aren't to blame have they?

Strange that you would think "I had better go and login to try and raise a point that has already been discussed in that thread".

It's just the usual generic nonsense we see from the accounts that pop up every couple of years and then vanish again.

Would you as a tenant sign a contract with a landlord which includes a clause prohibiting court action against them?
If I were a tenant and unhappy with the landlord, I would look for alternative accommodation. I would not bother wasting time and money taking them to court crying because they had bought the property after I had stated I wasn't interested in it and was well into the process of building my own home!

Grendel

If I were a tenant and unhappy with the landlord, I would look for alternative accommodation. I would not bother wasting time and money taking them to court crying because they had bought the property after I had stated I wasn't interested in it and was well into the process of building my own home!

Oh right so if they trebled your rent, refused to replace a boiler that did not work, did not mend a leaking roof as long as the Landlord was Mr Eastwood you would keep kissing his arse

I think I can see where you are coming from

RegTheDonk

Yeah but they won't be though would they G? Everyone knows it wouldn't be the Club who would be taking them to court, it would be SISU.

Oh right so if they trebled your rent, refused to replace a boiler that did not work, did not mend a leaking roof as long as the Landlord was Mr Eastwood you would keep kissing his arse

I think I can see where you are coming from
What relevance is that to the Ricoh? There has been no mention of rent being trebled and the building being unfit for purpose! As for kissing Mr Eastwoods arse, please explain where I have ever said anything of the sort...

Nick

Administrator
What relevance is that to the Ricoh? There has been no mention of rent being trebled and the building being unfit for purpose! As for kissing Mr Eastwoods arse, please explain where I have ever said anything of the sort...

Maybe you didn't see the pitch last season.

As said, you have decided after years to login, post a point defending Wasps if they were to kick is out that had already been raised a few times and discussed in the thread?

lifeskyblue

I’m with skybluestevie on this. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the past (and let’s face it sisu’s actions in taking us to Northampton rather than buying the Ricoh mean we don’t own the ground we play at) the fact of the matter is that we are the tenants of wasps. The courts have consistently ruled against sisu (their pigheadedness leads to endless appeals to the detriment of OUR football club) and our landlords have decided enough is enough...I can’t blame them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

What relevant is dumb housing analogies to the Ricoh?

ccfctommy

I'm absolutely fucking fuming about that statement. The trust should fold now.

Hang their heads in shame claiming to represent city fans, disgusting behaviour, playing the anti sisu and anti Fisher cards when the future of our club is at stake.

Scum

You really are sensitive when it comes to critisism of our owners, aren't you?

Grendel

If you cannot see the similarities I am not going to attempt to explain....

You do not need to. Its is obvious that someone who has made 9 posts (all related to non football matters) is not a supporter

You don't post like a supporter. Your response to the comment on legal action in a tenancy agreement was the typical "where is the new stadium" shite You do not attend so you do not give a fuck. Inserting clauses preventing legal actions is not a legitimate argument to present.

You have no interest in the club, you do not attend games and its all just a big laugh about lets get one over Sisu

Fuck off back where you belong

Nick

Administrator
You really are sensitive when it comes to critisism of our owners, aren't you?

You do realise it isn't about the criticism of the owners, don't you?

It will just be people are pulling themselves over because the trust said bad things about them thinking it would do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread