Online Gossip - Pompey want Shipley on loan (1 Viewer)

Jamesimus

He'll be a credit to any League One club whether that's Portsmouth or someone else. Shame he couldn't cut it in the Championship but it was quite clearly a step too far.

Yeah I think so too if they play him in what I think is his best position; behind the striker/strikers.

KenilworthSkyBlue

If there is interest I hope were whipping up a bidding war

The issue is it's not a great time for clubs. Budgets will have mostly been used up and the vast majority of clubs lack the capital to pay fees anyway due to the financial fallout from Covid.

The best we can hope for is someone takes him on loan and covers the majority of his wages.

better days

The issue is it's not a great time for clubs. Budgets will have mostly been used up and the vast majority of clubs lack the capital to pay fees anyway due to the financial fallout from Covid.

The best we can hope for is someone takes him on loan and covers the majority of his wages.
I'll be surprised if he doesn't go but doubt a fee will be involved unless it's based on future targets etc

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

‘These days’- which recent matches were these then?

He hasn’t played in the league yet, so nobody has seen him come on and do anything, you are making things up again, and also seemingly getting yourself mixed up between ability and attitude.

No problem in people assessing that he doesn’t have what it takes in the Championship, but the ridicule and idiotic comments which you’re sticking up for are a bit weird, not sure what he’s done to deserve it. Always has to be someone to shit on I guess.

Good luck to the guy wherever he goes.

You are talking like someone who has never seen him play, which I think would make a lot of sense.

It seems we have a bit of a cult with Shipley, and it's been the same in match threads when he does something shit and a contingent of people leap to his defence each time. He hasn't been very good since league 2, and particularly last season whenever he played his application was genuinely embarrasing.

Sure, I wish him the best, but I don't want him to play for us anymore.

Torquay Sky Blue

He's useless at this level. Not sure if he has no confidence in his own ability or just hasn't got the ability. He also hides at times and that shushing thing was pure pantomime

stevefloyd

Very well said Alkhen.

The interesting thing is that the very same people who are 'stuck thinking being harsh and extreme against our players as they think that makes them look hard' .....actually cry like little bitches as soon as they are called out on it as well.
You have your views others have their own views, just because you think you're right don't make others wrong... its called democracy not dictatorship!!

COV

You are talking like someone who has never seen him play, which I think would make a lot of sense.

It seems we have a bit of a cult with Shipley, and it's been the same in match threads when he does something shit and a contingent of people leap to his defence each time. He hasn't been very good since league 2, and particularly last season whenever he played his application was genuinely embarrasing.

Sure, I wish him the best, but I don't want him to play for us anymore.

He hasn’t played in the Championship this season, which match threads are these? All you do on them from what I've seen briefly is complain, swagger around calling people c*nts if we concede, then disappear if we score/ win to minimise embarrassment.

Once again you are making things up, there is no cult. What is being said is that he's likely not good enough for this level, and should move on for his own good as well as ours- but that the idiotic comments about offering to drive him away & yours that he doesn't give his all or apply himself- its rubbish to be honest. He helped us rise through the divisions but just doesn't seem to have it at this level (based on last season anyway), where's the offensiveness in that?

His time has come, best for both parties for him to move on, he played his part in some great times and has his place in our history books, he's got a mean left foot and will be an asset for someone somewhere- and we should all be wishing him massive good luck & instead of trying to shit all over him on the way out.

And maybe someone should also recommend he drops the shush at his new club...

Grendel

Very well said Alkhen.

The interesting thing is that the very same people who are 'stuck thinking being harsh and extreme against our players as they think that makes them look hard' .....actually cry like little bitches as soon as they are called out on it as well.

Whose crying Danny? Still stuck to your keyboard? Never took the bet did you big man?
giphy.gif

Brighton Sky Blue

He hasn’t played in the Championship this season, which match threads are these? All you do on them from what I've seen briefly is complain, swagger around calling people c*nts if we concede, then disappear if we score/ win to minimise embarrassment.

Once again you are making things up, there is no cult. What is being said is that he's likely not good enough for this level, and should move on for his own good as well as ours- but that the idiotic comments about offering to drive him away & yours that he doesn't give his all or apply himself- its rubbish to be honest. He helped us rise through the divisions but just doesn't seem to have it at this level (based on last season anyway), where's the offensiveness in that?

His time has come, best for both parties for him to move on, he played his part in some great times and has his place in our history books, he's got a mean left foot and will be an asset for someone somewhere- and we should all be wishing him massive good luck & instead of trying to shit all over him on the way out.

Except for Millwall away which was a strong performance and his goal at Huddersfield he spent most games last season ambling around the pitch with body language that looked, even if it wasn't intended to, like he didn't want to be there. Said a lot in the Stoke game when the only sub made was him coming on for Sheaf and the latter's face said it all

COV

Except for Millwall away which was a strong performance and his goal at Huddersfield he spent most games last season ambling around the pitch with body language that looked, even if it wasn't intended to, like he didn't want to be there. Said a lot in the Stoke game when the only sub made was him coming on for Sheaf and the latter's face said it all

It could be wrapped up in not having the ability- if he actually feels that himself, thats going to have a big bearing on how he looks on the pitch. With Allen he obviously had the self belief in his ability to prove people wrong, perhaps Shipley isn't wired that way, didn't have the self belief and the pressure got to him- who knows.

But for people to suggest that he was deliberately not applying himself, thats just beyond ridiculous.

CovUpNorth

Real Madrid excluded

Brighton Sky Blue

It could be wrapped up in not having the ability- if he actually feels that himself, thats going to have a big bearing on how he looks on the pitch. With Allen he obviously had the self belief in his ability to prove people wrong, perhaps Shipley isn't wired that way, didn't have the self belief and the pressure got to him- who knows.

But for people to suggest that he was deliberately not applying himself, thats just beyond ridiculous.

It's how it looks on the pitch and you can understand some people perceiving it that way.

COV

It's how it looks on the pitch and you can understand some people perceiving it that way.

Not really, do they also think that Robins (who will see his demeanour through the week) wouldn't have spotted it and dealt with it if he wasn't trying?

Grendel

At least he hasn't changed his user name to minimise embarrassment

Grendel

The thing is, if you were saying Robins would do something if he wasn't trying... that's exactly what he would do, move the player on when the opportunity arose.

And not play him this season....

Grendel

Think we should ask a fee, and let him go to Pompey. Great move for Shipley.

What fee - how much should we pay them to get rid?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I am referring to last season, which as Brighton says, other than a sparse couple of moments, he was terrible. When you were ring of steel you either ignored those threads or you are just looking for likes now. Potentially both.

I'm not the only person to highlight his lack of application, and to fight against every single negative comment of him just makes you look silly. It's a game of opinions, sure, but to automatically jump on the defensive every single time is a bit like the cult with Max. Whilst he wasn't good enough either, he at least did work hard.

Also, I'm not sure why you are attacking my character in the first place. I make some pretty bold statements but I am able to hold my hands up as well. You have no place to make those comments as someone who was hounded off here and had to change their username.

COV

The thing is, if you were saying Robins would do something if he wasn't trying... that's exactly what he would do, move the player on when the opportunity arose.

Robins (who people often refer to as ruthless) wouldn't have played him if he could see he wasn't making an effort.

We've got people saying they'd take Bayliss back, and people trying to shit over Shipley saying he made no effort, desperate to get him out.... a bit weird

NorthernWisdom

And not play him this season....
Indeed. To be clear, I'm not saying that *is* the case, and chances are (as with most players!) it's just he wants more game time / the manager wants him off his budget.

But... it's exactly what you *would* do if you weren't sure about a player, so it's a dangerous path to go down asking whether Robins would deal with it if there was an issue... when we're on the very thread that would offer (circumstancial!) evidence for Robins doing precisely that!

Grendel

Robins (who people often refer to as ruthless) wouldn't have played him if he could see he wasn't making an effort.

We've got people saying they'd take Bayliss back, and people trying to shit over Shipley saying he made no effort, desperate to get him out.... a bit weird

Whats the weather like in the Irish republic? Still quoting Ernest Hemmingway on twitter?

DannyThomas_1981

Whose crying Danny? Still stuck to your keyboard? Never took the bet did you big man?
giphy.gif
You really have gone completely fucking delusional....I can only guess you are being ironic for a laugh?
61,000 posts and counting and accusing others like me (less than 1.700 posts) of being stuck to the keyboard......Jesus Christ.
We've also spoken about GIFs - you're too old for that nonsense surely.
Not going to bet against players in our team - just not my thing but thanks for the offer.
As always you know my advice to you - have a day off and spare yourself from any further embarrassment. And Happy Friday!!

Grendel

You really have gone completely fucking delusional....I can only guess you are being ironic for a laugh?
61,000 posts and counting and accusing others like me (less than 1.700 posts) of being stuck to the keyboard......Jesus Christ.
We've also spoken about GIFs - you're too old for that nonsense surely.
Not going to bet against players in our team - just not my thing but thanks for the offer.
As always you know my advice to you - have a day off and spare yourself from any further embarrassment. And Happy Friday!!

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread