Online Gossip - Pompey want Shipley on loan (1 Viewer)

COV

I am referring to last season, which as Brighton says, other than a sparse couple of moments, he was terrible. When you were ring of steel you either ignored those threads or you are just looking for likes now. Potentially both.

I'm not the only person to highlight his lack of application, and to fight against every single negative comment of him just makes you look silly. It's a game of opinions, sure, but to automatically jump on the defensive every single time is a bit like the cult with Max. Whilst he wasn't good enough either, he at least did work hard.

Also, I'm not sure why you are attacking my character in the first place. I make some pretty bold statements but I am able to hold my hands up as well. You have no place to make those comments as someone who was hounded off here and had to change their username.

More lies :) he doesn't seem to have the ability & I don't see anyone getting defensive about that (I don't think), if people shit all over him and say he needs to be got rid off for nothing, now, and saying they'll drive him there etc, all that kind of nonsense, yeah I'll defend him from that because its not deserved.

DannyThomas_1981

You have your views others have their own views, just because you think you're right don't make others wrong... its called democracy not dictatorship!!

So we're both demonstrating our democratic right to oppose each other's views - right?

And anyway I thought the keyboard warriors liked it - provoking debate and making the board interesting? It seems to me they like it except if their own views are being challenged.

It's very easy for fans to say very negative things against a targeted player. Way beyond SBT, we're increasingly living in a world of people wanting other people to slip and fail so they can take out the frustration of their own inadequacies in an anonymous post. That's society but we are losing something important.

Most people on here would advocate a balanced view; some of the commentary against DaCosta on Saturday (as the search for a new boo boy continues) was fucking appalling and unfair vs. the reality of what was happening on the pitch. DaCosta is far from perfect but to be completely written off when he was showing promise and potential on Saturday was shocking but not unfortunately surprising.

Grendel

So we're both demonstrating our democratic right to oppose each other's views - right?

And anyway I thought the keyboard warriors liked it - provoking debate and making the board interesting? It seems to me they like it except if their own views are being challenged.

It's very easy for fans to say very negative things against a targeted player. Way beyond SBT, we're increasingly living in a world of people wanting other people to slip and fail so they can take out the frustration of their own inadequacies in an anonymous post. That's society but we are losing something important.

Most people on here would advocate a balanced view; some of the commentary against DaCosta on Saturday (as the search for a new boo boy continues) was fucking appalling and unfair vs. the reality of what was happening on the pitch. DaCosta is far from perfect but to be completely written off when he was showing promise and potential on Saturday was shocking but not unfortunately surprising.

A balanced view in your eyes is slobbering over every player and supporting the lads

Dacosta is utter shite

DannyThomas_1981

A balanced view in your eyes is slobbering over every player and supporting the lads

Dacosta is utter shite
As is your knowledge of the game and your need to constantly criticize and deride certain players in the team you claim to support to somehow feel better about yourself.

Greggs

Shippers had a great relationship with Godden on the pitch. Would be a shame to not see him get that chance again. Who cares anyway, we've got Waghorn......

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Shipley is a usefull squad player,players like him are ones are ready to wait their chance to come in and do their bit for the team without these we would struggle.Some people on here want world beater to replace injured players.Not once have I heard Mark Robins critisize him and that will do for me.Lay off him please

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Shipley is a usefull squad player,players like him are ones are ready to wait their chance to come in and do their bit for the team without these we would struggle.Some people on here want world beater to replace injured players.Not once have I heard Mark Robins critisize him and that will do for me.Lay off him please

Robins is never going to criticise a player in public, he is too professional.

Deity

I’ve never understood the overt bias and desire fans have for “one of our own” …. Many of our youth players are not Cov fans, it doesn’t always mean more to them than other players. this is the same the world over.

I don’t care who trained them, where they up grew up, or whether they speak with an accent exceedingly rare.

I do care about their ability, attitude, commitment and contribution.

Shipley appears a good guy, grounded, and committed but at this level he looks short on capability and his contribution is minimal. It’s therefore only right that we part ways for the benefit of both parties.

Kilclines curly mullet

Shipley was excellent in league two, ok in league one, and poor in the Championship. I hope things work out for him and he gets a decent move.
Sums it up perfectly.

I posted on here a couple of years ago asking if he was good enough for league 1 let alone the championship. He has done well for us but time to part ways.

A decent shot and seems to have a decent relationship with Godden but on the negative side a lack of bottle in the tackle and woefully short of fitness.

clint van damme

You are talking like someone who has never seen him play, which I think would make a lot of sense.

It seems we have a bit of a cult with Shipley, and it's been the same in match threads when he does something shit and a contingent of people leap to his defence each time. He hasn't been very good since league 2, and particularly last season whenever he played his application was genuinely embarrasing.

Sure, I wish him the best, but I don't want him to play for us anymore.

To be honest that's nonsense. He made a decent contribution in L1 and you've questioned someone about whether they watch games well anyone who thinks he didn't contribute in L1 clearly wasn't watching.

However, the Championship is a step too far clearly so I think amove would be best for all parties thoughI think he needs to have a word with himself regarding fitness and stamina.

I hope it works out for him wherever he goes.

SBT

I’ve never understood the overt bias and desire fans have for “one of our own” …. Many of our youth players are not Cov fans, it doesn’t always mean more to them than other players. this is the same the world over.

I don’t care who trained them, where they up grew up, or whether they speak with an accent exceedingly rare.

I do care about their ability, attitude, commitment and contribution.

Shipley appears a good guy, grounded, and committed but at this level he looks short on capability and his contribution is minimal. It’s therefore only right that we part ways for the benefit of both parties.

The 'local kid done good' storyline is one of the most obvious tropes in pretty much every professional team sport there is. You're not wrong about Shipley's ability, but you have to be pretty cold to be totally unmoved by someone rising through the ranks the way he did!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

To be honest that's nonsense. He made a decent contribution in L1 and you've questioned someone about whether they watch games well anyone who thinks he didn't contribute in L1 clearly wasn't watching.

However, the Championship is a step too far clearly so I think amove would be best for all parties thoughI think he needs to have a word with himself regarding fitness and stamina.

I hope it works out for him wherever he goes.

I really don't think he was that shit hot in league 1 at all, but that is a matter of opinion. The gaps were showing for me back then, but certainly his performances in the championship haven't been good enough and are actually embarrasing at times. A professional footballer who won't tackle doesn't have a place in the English second tier.

Thank him and move on, sure, but some people get really triggered regarding Shipley and go into full on defence mode. It is irritating.

Grendel

I really don't think he was that shit hot in league 1 at all, but that is a matter of opinion. The gaps were showing for me back then, but certainly his performances in the championship haven't been good enough and are actually embarrasing at times. A professional footballer who won't tackle doesn't have a place in the English second tier.

Thank him and move on, sure, but some people get really triggered regarding Shipley and go into full on defence mode. It is irritating.

he still managed 3 goals last season - the tackle thing is boring - despite his image Doyle hardly ever tackled anyone

clint van damme

I never said he was shit hot, I said he made a decent contribution which 5 goals and 5 assists undoubtedly is.
Made big contributions to our first aways wins at Wycombe and Tranmere as well which was vital in setting us on course to winning the league.
Nothing triggered about it, he did fairly well in L1.

Grendel

I never said he was shit hot, I said he made a decent contribution which 5 goals and 5 assists undoubtedly is.
Made big contributions to our first aways wins at Wycombe and Tranmere as well which was vital in setting us on course to winning the league.

He did you’d have to be blinkered to not see that

He’s struggling at this level pace and fitness wise. He’s never been popular with a lot of people on here for whatever reason

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The team won the league, you would be hard pressed to really criticise anyone that easily, but in my view he was still showing a lot of weaknesses back then and now he is well and truly exposed.

COV

The team won the league, you would be hard pressed to really criticise anyone that easily, but in my view he was still showing a lot of weaknesses back then and now he is well and truly exposed.

A quick look at your posts suggests you don't even believe yourself that Shipley was poor in L1. Also that you think Walker is rubbish.

You're all over the place

Sick Boy

Very well said Alkhen.

The interesting thing is that the very same people who are 'stuck thinking being harsh and extreme against our players as they think that makes them look hard' .....actually cry like little bitches as soon as they are called out on it as well.
Can you name these posters?

procdoc

All I’ve gathered from this thread is that @Grendel has got a gambling problem and half of the board are Uber drivers offering to give Shipley lifts

Grendel

A quick look at your posts suggests you don't even believe yourself that Shipley was poor in L1. Also that you think Walker is rubbish.

You're all over the place

Raining in cork?

Users who are viewing this thread