Oldham matchday thread!! (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I thought he would be that type, it's ok when they are scoring but when they don't the boo boys single them out. This isn't me having a go as I think hes a good option to have, but for me we should be looking for a worker upfront to stretch the game and create space for the likes of Moussa (even though hes on the bench today).

I didnt see it as critical. My thoughts exactly. Nice player to have in your team but needs someone up with him. And I think we have that in Elliott but its knowing who to drop to accommodate him. We seem to have too many decent midfielders and they take preference over players up alongside Clarke

Covstu

we should have put the game to bed prior to this but a great result. Love the fact that we have this constant fighting spirit. On the negative side, I was shocked that we were so far off the pace of the front 2.

torchomatic

Missed the winning goal. My lad was cold so we missed the last 2 mins of added time. What was the goal like?

Otis

I have a remote control for the lights. :) Am a jinx this season though. Missed Brum, Walsall, Preston and Tranmere.

Odds on now we will lose with me here..;)

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

I am still a jinx!

As soon as I left, within 20 seconds we scored.

Otis

:claping hands:

So, You're saying that this "never say die Sky Blues" is BS?
Well, ok, just leave early every match, job done!:pimp:;)

Plan was to pick my daughter up from her gran's, but the gran turned up at the Ricoh with my daughter and were standing waiting in the freezing cold, so got a text message and left.

Within 20 seconds City scored the winner! :facepalm:

Nick

Administrator
I'm glad I'm not the only one being driven mad by him!!! It's Peter Bodak, winger from the 70s or 80s. He just does not know when to be quiet and leave it to the professionals!!

He didnt even think to look at players names or anything. Nothing more annoying!

Sadly Oldham or should it be Hold Em were one of the poorest sides to have graced the Ricoh this season ably assisted by an equally poor and weak ref. Are there any decent refs who officiate in this league?
Matt Smith an equally poor excuse for a footballer who should be looking to review his career options and a change in vocation as a decent hod carrier perhaps. No disrespect to hod carriers by the way.

Mucca Mad Boys

Sadly Oldham or should it be Hold Em were one of the poorest sides to have graced the Ricoh this season ably assisted by an equally poor and weak ref. Are there any decent refs who officiate in this league?
Matt Smith an equally poor excuse for a footballer who should be looking to review his career options and a change in vocation as a decent hod carrier perhaps. No disrespect to hod carriers by the way.

He was a thug, and not that good tbh. In saying that, Grendel loves these types of player, big strong etc.

Grendel

Well, you bemoan footballers for not bing strong, or fast enough...

Footballers in this league who do not possess some form of strength or pace are unlikely to succeed. Moussa has both. He is superior to fleck but is hardly a big thug type player is he?

stupot07

Apples and oranges. flecks passing and shooting are head and shoulders above Moussa's.
they're different kinds of players.

Agree with that, but one seems to fit into the team dynamics much better than the other, especially in that attacking role.

Brighton Sky Blue

He was a thug, and not that good tbh. In saying that, Grendel loves these types of player, big strong etc.

I was impressed by Oldham's number 5 at centre back actually but going forward they missed several glorious chances. Adams and Bailey were good, and Christie impressed making runs up the flank-defence still a little dodgy though.

Grendel

Apples and oranges. flecks passing and shooting are head and shoulders above Moussa's.
they're different kinds of players.

I'm not disagreeing but SBT thinks you can be slow lack strength and still be an asset.

Grendel

I was impressed by Oldham's number 5 at centre back actually but going forward they missed several glorious chances. Adams and Bailey were good, and Christie impressed making runs up the flank-defence still a little dodgy though.

The defender was good and yes they had 3 good chances to score.

stupot07

I thought their number 22 the defensive midfielder as very impressive

Mucca Mad Boys

I was on about their striker, not their CB, who was ok, and built like a brick shot house!

Users who are viewing this thread