Oldham Match Thread (1 Viewer)

James Smith

Ref is shite again. Two identical challenges and we come out worse after our one is waved away and Pennington ends with a booking

Not the first match we've been able to say that either.

stupot07

Frustrating half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

Final ball letting us down badly. Willis had 4 crosses from good positions , 2 of which were abysmal and another that was poor.

Barton got in a great position just outside the box on the right and delivered a power puff ball across the box and,Nouble seems to want to beat his man at least an extra 2 times.

Then, besides that, we keep getting caught offside when we are looking dangerous.

Philosorapter

Half time across the league

As it stands:

gBUL59PIM5wAAAAASUVORK5CYII=
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    8.5 KB · Views: 115

hill83

Am I still allowed to blame pressley for the utterly shite players we have?

stupot07

Final ball letting us down badly. Willis had 4 crosses from good positions , 2 of which were abysmal and another that was poor.

Barton got in a great position just outside the box on the right and delivered a power puff ball across the box and,Nouble seems to want to beat his man at least an extra 2 times.

Then, besides that, we keep getting caught offside when we are looking dangerous.

Thought barton had a stormer first 20. Willis truly shocking going forwards. Proschwitz is playing well, as is fleck who is moving the ball a lot quicker than usual, JOB's doing ok too. Then there's Frank.......I've never seen a striker less interested in scoring goals as him. Why beat a man once when you can try 4 times, rarely gets in the box, often 30-40 yards away from his strike partner, hanging out on the left wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Philosorapter

We could do with a point from this match. Not a must but would be acceptable.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Hope Penningtons yellow doesn't stop him playing his game.

Like to see Phillips on for Willis, and Someone for Nouble. Not sure if Maddison is the answer given that he'll likely play behind the striker and think we need two up top, but think he'd be a better option than Jackson. Odeluzi too is more of a wide player and would again leave Proswitch on his own up top. Anyone but Nouble will do!

stupot07

Jim O'brien as usual shouting and pointing but not picking up man from free kick for first goal.

He saw the man and told willis twice to cover him. It was more willis than JOB's fault.

Otis

Thought barton had a stormer first 20. Willis truly shocking going forwards. Proschwitz is playing well, as is fleck who is moving the ball a lot quicker than usual, JOB's doing ok too. Then there's Frank.......I've never seen a striker less interested in scoring goals as him. Why beat a man once when you can try 4 times, rarely gets in the box, often 30-40 yards away from his strike partner, hanging out on the left wing.

Yep, Fleck playing well and Barton has been decent.

Why oh why does Nouble always have to go for that one extra touch?

Cobi Jones's Dreads

How Willis can cross so poorly as a professional footballer is beyond me!

It's clearly a tactic we like to employ getting the fullbacks forward but his crossing gets worse by the game, do none of the coaching staff have a word with him during training and explain that this part of his gane urgently needs to be worked on?! So frustrating!

stupot07

Tbf he was our 1 man wall. Can't do two jobs and by the time it was take. He was already yards away from their man. These are things we don't anticipate and should do

Agreed. Needed willis to come on the cover.

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Agreed Ward had more than enough time to spot that runner and pick him up!

Grendel

How Willis can cross so poorly as a professional footballer is beyond me!

It's clearly a tactic we like to employ getting the fullbacks forward but his crossing gets worse by the game, do none of the coaching staff have a word with him during training and explain that this part of his gane urgently needs to be worked on?! So frustrating!

He is a centre half. I doubt Beckanbaur or Moore would rate crossing high in their repotoire.

Users who are viewing this thread