Oldham Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
4-1 to us! Heard it here first at 50/1!

torchomatic

A win is vital, could not only decide our future in L1 but the future of TM too.

Jackoskyblue

Edit
3-0 loss a cold and miserable night red card for reda. (I predicted a terrible day on Saturday for a change and that worked)

Otis

4-1 to us! Heard it here first at 50/1!

I expect a win and I am very confident we will win.

That's 2 home games in a row now where we have dominated. I envisage more of the same tonight. Oldham have nowt to play for and though I think they will be up for it, if we score first I would expect them to be casting their eyes a little on to their summer holidays.

Can't begin to predict the score, mind. Could be another 1-0 or 2-1, or we might just go to town and win by a clear 2 goals or more.

Reda to score tonight and I fancy Ward to maybe bag one too.

ajsccfc

While not mathematical, I think a win tonight would see us safe psychologically.

10-1 defeat, I'm not tempting no fate no way

Otis

Same as last time. Hoping for a win, half expecting a loss so I'll take a draw.

A draw will put us one point closer to safety I would say. A draw tonight would be okay and then as long as we don't lose at home to Crewe I think we will be totally fine.

Be interesting to see how other games pan out tonight.

Colchester have a very, very tough game away at 6th place Chesterfield

Notts County are at home against Barnsley. Hard to call that one. Barnsley have been doing really well, but now find themselves 7 points outside the play-offs. Maybe a bridge to far for them, but maybe they will still be well up for this game.

Orient are at home to Doncaster.

Crewe are away at Peterborough. Again, another very hard one to call. You would normally fancy Posh in this one, but they have been so inconsistent of late. They are also 7 points outside the top 6.

Crawley are away to Walsall. Think Crawley might get something there.

Scunthorpe are at home to Port Vale. That suits us, as they both can't win the game and a draw would be equally fine.

chiefdave

Would like another win to see us safe but with our home form asking for 2 wins in a row is probably a bit much so I'll settle for a draw.

Otis

i think there may be just one place to fight for in the relegation stakes.

As someone said on the radio on Saturday, Crewe look very likely for the drop. They pulled clear and now suddenly find themselves back in the bottom 4. The bloke in the interview said that, that can be a big psychological blow, finding yourselves relatively safe, thus giving the club a real boost, but then finding yourselves being back into the mire after you thought you had escaped.

This can be very demoralising and they have such a dreadful goal difference, that is like being a further point behind in many ways.

covcity4life

we wanna see wins for overall progression not just safety this season

think we will win or draw. be happy with either

Otis

2 wins in a row will have us going into the Bristol game on Saturday with a lot more confidence, but a draw will be fine tonight. Anything but a defeat and we will be edging closer to safety.

Otis

A draw will put us one point closer to safety I would say. A draw tonight would be okay and then as long as we don't lose at home to Crewe I think we will be totally fine.

Be interesting to see how other games pan out tonight.

Colchester have a very, very tough game away at 6th place Chesterfield

Notts County are at home against Barnsley. Hard to call that one. Barnsley have been doing really well, but now find themselves 7 points outside the play-offs. Maybe a bridge to far for them, but maybe they will still be well up for this game.

Orient are at home to Doncaster.

Crewe are away at Peterborough. Again, another very hard one to call. You would normally fancy Posh in this one, but they have been so inconsistent of late. They are also 7 points outside the top 6.

Crawley are away to Walsall. Think Crawley might get something there.

Scunthorpe are at home to Port Vale. That suits us, as they both can't win the game and a draw would be equally fine.

Like, these ones, Nick? ;)

steveccfc

Cant see us winning 2 on the spin at home, i'll be dissapointed with a draw though if I'm honest but obviously this would be better than a defeat! Going 1-1 tonight

Otis

Cant see us winning 2 on the spin at home, i'll be dissapointed with a draw though if I'm honest but obviously this would be better than a defeat! Going 1-1 tonight
With SP in charge I would agree with you, but Oldham are exactly the right type of club to be playing right now and of course TM is at the helm, not Presley, so I see no reason why we can't win two on the bounce.

Astute

2-1 to us or 1-1. I prefer the 2-1 as they are about safe. But how many of them are playing for a new contract?

I hate predicting scores at the end of a season. This is when the bookies make a killing. Just massive long odds with low stakes for me now. They are not going to get their money back from me this season :p

Noggin

you could argue though that the better we do from now till the end of the season the harder it will be to keep TM so while I'll still be hoping for a win to get rid of any small lingering worries about relegation perhaps the best thing for our long term future now is to only do ok till the end of the season

Paxman II

I was there Saturday and though we were the better team we only managed one goal and that is our achilles heel at the moment with no sign of it improving due to injuries.
Worryingly too was the way we nearly shot ourselves in the foot if it wasn't for a fine couple of point blanks saves from Burge. Oldham are a bit better so we had better be on our toes tonight in what I predict a quite low crowd.
But in TM and the inclusion of Reda we ought to be confident after a win at the 'jinxed' Ricoh. A draw is OK but a win will really lift the spirit and safety almost certain.
Leaving the ground with a win, safety and thoughts of promotion being talked about next season under TM will dominate the walk back to the car park!

Skyblueweeman

I never include Cov in my accas as we've always let me down but I've had a fiver on winning by 2 goals this evening. 11/2. Thought that was a decent price.

mark_ccfc

lose 0-1, Reda injured, Mowbray sacked, asteroid hits Coventry, nuclear war breaks out, Earth de-orbits and crashes into the Sun etc etc.....

Other than that a good night :D

rupert_bear

We have to win, simple as that especially with Bristol City away coming up. The other fixtures are kind really depending on results either clubs are sucked back into the struggle or some below us could have real problems, we need Crewe, Notts County and Crawley not to better our result at the very least, but what a sad state of affairs we are having to talk this way.

Ranjit Bhurpa

I expect a win and I am very confident we will win.

That's 2 home games in a row now where we have dominated. I envisage more of the same tonight. Oldham have nowt to play for and though I think they will be up for it, if we score first I would expect them to be casting their eyes a little on to their summer holidays.

Can't begin to predict the score, mind. Could be another 1-0 or 2-1, or we might just go to town and win by a clear 2 goals or more.

Reda to score tonight and I fancy Ward to maybe bag one too.

I sincerely hope your optimism is not misplaced. Oldham are not yet mathematically safe and will certainly not come here to lie down. Another tense game I feel, 1-0 either way.

Speedies_Chips

Hopefully if it stays warm a bit more of a walk up

I dont think we really get a 'walk up' element at The Ricoh. Unlike HR, it requires strategic planning to get there and parked up etc.. Whereas as HR you could be having a pint in the City Centre at 2pm , and decide you wanted to go to the game, and it would be easy.

shmmeee

4-1 to us (shakes fist at Nick)!

Gonna go out on a limb and say well be safe after tonight. (not mathematically but in reality)

I dont think we really get a 'walk up' element at The Ricoh. Unlike HR, it requires strategic planning to get there and parked up etc.. Whereas as HR you could be having a pint in the City Centre at 2pm , and decide you wanted to go to the game, and it would be easy.

Join my campaign for the fantasy stadium to be built where Bishopsgate isn't happening. Traffic would be awful but that's the proper HR experience.

hill83

Not sure where people are getting this 'win and we'll be safe' from. Because we will definitely not be safe if we win.
Fancy us to win though.

shmmeee

Not sure where people are getting this 'win and we'll be safe' from. Because we will definitely not be safe if we win.
Fancy us to win though.

We could be 6 points clear with 3 games left. That's pretty safe even if we lose the last three.

skybluebeduff

Fancy us to win though.

If we win tonight, and all of the bottom 4 lose, we should be safe, 6 points ahead of them after tonight and i'll be smiling until July 7th.

Users who are viewing this thread