Oldham Match Thread (2 Viewers)

torchomatic

I would say a player can cross a ball regardless of his position and it's not like he hasn't played there before. Reda and Pennington have been moved all over the place too.

Traditional for us to destroy at least one player's career a season by playing them out of position.

SkyBlue_Bear83

We could only (just) draw 1-1 at home to Oldham with Reda in the team so I don't get the logic of if this and that we would have been promotion contenders. We are an extremely mediocre team and most of the non-mediocre players are temporary loanees (Pennington, Ward). No matter how much you wish Reda could be permanently fit, he's never likely to be; he has a long history of being prone to injury. As I see it, the team needs a complete overhaul in every department. And SISU have said the team must be self-supporting, so you know what that means. We'll see what we are made of vs Bristol City.

We've only lost one or two league matches with him in the team

no_loyalty

2 league matches, and one of them against Scunthorpe we were leading and dominating the match before Redda's moment of madness

Speedies_Chips

We could only (just) draw 1-1 at home to Oldham with Reda in the team so I don't get the logic of if this and that we would have been promotion contenders. We are an extremely mediocre team and most of the non-mediocre players are temporary loanees (Pennington, Ward). No matter how much you wish Reda could be permanently fit, he's never likely to be; he has a long history of being prone to injury. As I see it, the team needs a complete overhaul in every department. And SISU have said the team must be self-supporting, so you know what that means. We'll see what we are made of vs Bristol City.

A very good reality check of where we are. On Saturday we beat Colchester 1-0. Last night they lost 6-0. Agree about a complete overhaul. This lot have proved they arent good enough in a shite league.

Gazolba

Maybe Steven Pressley was really a brilliant manager then. The only reason he did not get us into the play-offs, was Reda was injured so much.

Como

Nope

Clear out needed and I am sure that is clear to all. That is one of the good things, easy to do.

Hobo

Nope

Clear out needed and I am sure that is clear to all. That is one of the good things, easy to do.

clearing out is easy, it is bringing in quality in those numbers that is more difficult. You won't do it in a summer transfer window.

Users who are viewing this thread