Oldham Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

LJC_CCFC;800062 Good enough to finish 10th -12th at the very least.[/QUOTE said:
... Try 'at the very most'.

Otis

We have had 9 shots on target from the last 3 games combined.

We simply aren't creating enough. Last night it was only 4 shots in total, 2 of which were on target.

letsallsingtogether

I fear the worst.
Then again we normally do well until Xmas then fall away so maybe it will be a reversal this season :thinking about:Can we do any worse?

Otis

I fear the worst.
Then again we normally do well until Xmas then fall away so maybe it will be a reversal this season :thinking about:Can we do any worse?

If we are going to fall away after Xmas we need to embrace this purple patch while we can and celebrate the good times.

CJ_covblaze

What an embarrassment. We've sunk to new levels. Goals 1, 2 & 3 were all defensive cock ups of the highest order. All three centre halves had chances to deal with things but failed to do so on all three goals. The only difference between them being that Allsop could've done better with the first two. The third he had no chance with and moments before had cleared from the edge of his box a ball that should've been easily dealt with by those in front of him.

Teams know that if they run at or play a long/through ball over/through our centre halves they'll have a shot on goal and more often than not Allsop won't be able to deal with the situation.

Yes Allsop's had his chance and Burge deserves to have a go but I do feel sorry for him at times. Why is he being forced into making/given the chance to make these mistakes in the first place? He's had some shockers but repeatedly he's being left all alone, let down and hung out to dry by his defence. With age and experience hopefully these mistakes will happen less often for him. As good a keeper as Murphy was he was prone to similar errors (eg Bradford away).

On the face of it, Oldham's fourth (my god how far have we sank?) looked like a good goal. A decent cross from the right and a deft touch from close range. However the player who made the cross seemed to have all day and the marking was none existent. Every player in sky blue had given up and were already on the Harry Shaw long before that went in though.

Our goal was odd. Madison's FK wasn't struck that well and it virtually trickled past the keeper (who dived the wrong way) into the middle of his goal. It must've taken a big deflection but I couldn't tell from where I was stood. Miller hit the post when it was easier to score and Madison had another FK late on. I'd like to discuss the rest of our attacking opportunities but there weren't any.

I'd like to talk about our midfield but JOB aside we didn't have one. He played ok and tried to get things moving forward but we didn't have anyone else on the same page. I'd give him a 5 or a 6 and he was our best player. Phillips and Haynes tried but were outmuscled and couldn't carry the ball more than a couple of yards each time.

As for the replacements C Thomas didn't have the chance to change anything. The only thing Tudgay and Jackson offered the game were two moments of comedy. Tudgay jumped for a header and ended up kneeing the ball to an opposition player and Jackson tried to punch the ball in the net.

As many of you know Robbo is one of the most positive people you could meet but even he admitted yesterday before we set off that he's very worried. He can normally see the silver lining in a mushroom cloud. I've felt like this throughout this season. We've played well once for a brief spell against Crawley. The rest of it has been dross. Maybe Johnson and Nouble can change it all. The ship has hit an iceberg since their injuries however it wasn't in great shape before the impact.

Should SP go? Maybe, maybe not. I doubt we could get anyone any better. He needs to change things round though and fast.

You can't polish a turd but I haven't heard one flush or smelt one wiff of Domestos yet.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
What was going on for their second.

It has been the same for ages, if in doubt get the bastard out.

We lose pretty much every second ball going.

I can't even remember the last time I saw one of our players put in a tackle that makes you think "thats a bit nasty".

Johnnythespider

The second reminds me of callum last last season, nab the ball, leg it and slot home coolly.

Users who are viewing this thread