Oldham Match Thread (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

CWR

"Stop blaming Pressley, he has had no money to spend"

good point...

How can we compete with free spending Oldham..

SkyBlue_Bear83

We do, which is being completely mismanaged by the manager. Can no one see that?!

I'm not sure we have a good squad, we have some good individual players and we have the budget capable of building a good squad in this division but Pressley has made awful decision in regards to players coming in and going out.

Kingokings204

From a Falkirk fan...very similar...

Was absolutely clueless at putting an effective team on the park. His brand of football could be for the most part, excruciatingly boring. He was always more worried about trying to nullify the opposition rather than imposing the things we were good at.

Obviously he brought young players into our team, but he had little or no choice in the matter. He always gives his players excuses for not winning, and it does become a bit tedious.

For all that, he is by all accounts, a very decent and honourable guy, and will give your cause everything that he has to give. Whether that's enough, only you guys can decide.

One other thing.......Pressleys brand of scaredy cat football meant that whenever you played anyone above you in the league, it was near enough certain that you wouldn't win. Whenever we played what he thought to be a "big name" side in the league, he would have the players completely psyched out of winning the game. This happened time and time again. He presided over an away draw and an away 1-4 defeat against Cowdenbeath that were two of the most negative and cowardly performances I have ever seen from us (until yesterday).

He is fucking spot on isn't he. Amazing that post

Otis

I don't believe we do have a good squad.

We are missing a good keeper, another physical centre back, a ball winning midfielder and another strong striker.

That's a whole spine we are missing. How is that a good squad?

Nick

Administrator
Grow up.

Do you seriously believe that a new manager will bring success under these owners?

Look at the root cause of our demise.

I dont think we would win the league with a decent manager (maybe though), but we wouldn't be where we are now.

LJC_CCFC

I don't believe we do ahve a good squad.

We are missing a good keeper, another physical centre back, a ball winning midfielder and another strong striker.

That's a whole spine we are missing. How is that a good squad?

New keeper (Burge)

Phillips
Hines
Reda
Pugh

Fleck

O'Brien
Coulibaly

McQuoid

Nouble
Jackson

Good enough to finish 10th -12th at the very least.

Otis

New keeper (Burge)

Phillips
Hines
Reda
Pugh

Fleck

O'Brien
Coulibaly

McQuoid

Nouble
Jackson

Good enough to finish 10th -12th at the very least.

Totally disagree.

Besdies Johnson and Nouble, where is the physicality in that squad? Webster is too slow and not imposing.

That is a poor squad and a pretty poor list of new players too.

Otis

WTF?

Steve on CWR is saying the council and Sisu need to sort this out.

What? WTF? What?

torchomatic

They could both fuck off for a start.

WTF?

Steve on CWR is saying the council and Sisu need to sort this out.

What? WTF? What?

Nick

Administrator
I have given up with the CWR phone in's, it is like they just round randoms up to ask them something.

ccfcway

Totally disagree.

Besdies Johnson and Nouble, where is the physicality in that squad? Webster is too slow and not imposing.

That is a poor squad and a pretty poor list of new players too.

its not even a squad, its a poor team. Take Nouble and Johnson out (as has happened) and we would get rolled over (as has happened)

LJC_CCFC

Totally disagree.

That is a poor squad.

Such banter has never been seen.

You need 6ft 5 big fuckers to win games of football these days do you?

You're just disagreeing for the sake of it, it's ok to be wrong.

Chez78

Let's be honest we all consider Johnson and obrian good players, mainly because we haven't actually had a had decent centre half since Dann maybe keogh. O Brian is considered to be good cause he runs a lot, that has become a stand out quality these days the ability to keep on running for fuck sakes that's surely a fundamental basic requirement.

Our squad is shocking bar the young players, Johnson was always injured at Wednesday and O Brian wasn't good enough to hold down a first team spot at his last club either. Every signing has been dreadful even Jackson looks slow and he was meant to be our pacey forward, a new manager may change the formation and we may have a turn around in form but at best we are a mid table team with this squad.

torchomatic

With us? They've stitched us up along with SISU. Cunts, the lot of 'em.

Think you'll find the council are done with us. Out of the picture completely. How on earth can the council do anything at all?

LJC_CCFC

@Tom_FA: Pressley: "I don't want to come out and criticise the players too much...just now we've got too many who are too fragile".

Otis

Such banter has never been seen.

You need 6ft 5 big fuckers to win games of football these days do you?

You're just disagreeing for the sake of it, it's ok to be wrong.

Don't be ridiculous. We lack power and pace. Two key elements in getting out of this division. Bristol was men against midgets.

No-one is saying we need 6 ft 5 players. We need players with a physicality. We don't have any ball winning midfielders. And besides Nouble we have no power or strength up top.

D

Deleted member 4439

SP sounds upset and quite low, like he doesn't know what to do next (and I don't mean to sound mean).

Users who are viewing this thread