Oldham Match Thread (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Yeah, my wife just said he sounds upset.

Otis

Let's be honest we all consider Johnson and obrian good players, mainly because we haven't actually had a had decent centre half since Dann maybe keogh. O Brian is considered to be good cause he runs a lot, that has become a stand out quality these days the ability to keep on running for fuck sakes that's surely a fundamental basic requirement.

Our squad is shocking bar the young players, Johnson was always injured at Wednesday and O Brian wasn't good enough to hold down a first team spot at his last club either. Every signing has been dreadful even Jackson looks slow and he was meant to be our pacey forward, a new manager may change the formation and we may have a turn around in form but at best we are a mid table team with this squad.

Our squad is not shocking besides the young players. LJC_CCFC said so and he is the oracle on all this.

LJC_CCFC

@Tom_FA: Pressley: "It's not our shape that's causing problems; it's fundamental mistakes".

Now that is banter.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Emotions? Disappointment think coming here v a team with confidence was evident in our period romance

Tried to embed ourselves Into the game and get a foothold

Got to give ourselves a chance

Don't want to come out and criticise players as they are fragile

Ready for the fight

Bitterly disappointed

Have to show strength and resilience

Decision making really good and positive (think I misheard that....or I'm hoping I did)

Tentative in passing and going in for headers but have to do better

Struggling with physicality

You must earn a right to play but not doing that now

Hopefully will get personnel back to add physicality into the team

Coming into this game hoped to give ourselves a foundation but didn't

Now looking to Saturday

Players with it without confidence lack decision making

Not the shape that's causing problems. Individual errors are

Might have been different if Miller hadn't hit post

Last yr looked like a team with greater strength

Not kept enough clean sheets partly due to nervousness

Stats are damning

Conceding too many goals and that needs addressing

Maddison's performance typical of a young player. Smashing player who we have great hopes for

Must stand up and be counted

Chez78

New keeper (Burge)

Phillips - Decent keep
Hines - shocking
Reda - always injured good when he plays, never a captain
Pugh - shit, proper full on garbage

Fleck - gone in January, heard he already has an agreement with forest

O'Brien - runs a lot not much else, still a keeper though
Coulibaly - injured too much not our player what's the point

McQuoid - shite

Nouble - at best 15 goals terrible touch another loan player not worth a contract
Jackson - doesn't look the same player he was be granted ok for this level

Good enough to finish 10th -12th at the very least.

I agree with the table prediction but to many of them are on the treatment table more than the pitch and most won't be here next season so how are we meant to build on that 10th-12th finish

torchomatic

He's right. Willis.

@Tom_FA: Pressley: "It's not our shape that's causing problems; it's fundamental mistakes".

Now that is banter.

Otis

Emotions? Disappointment think coming here v a team with confidence was evident in our period romance

Tried to embed ourselves Into the game and get a foothold

Got to give ourselves a chance

Don't want to come out and criticise players as they are fragile

Ready for the fight

Bitterly disappointed

Have to show strength and resilience

Decision making really good and positive (think I misheard that....or I'm hoping I did)

Tentative in passing and going in for headers but have to do better

Struggling with physicality

You must earn a right to play but not doing that now

Hopefully will get personnel back to add physicality into the team

Coming into this game hoped to give ourselves a foundation but didn't

Now looking to Saturday

Players with it without confidence lack decision making

Not the shape that's causing problems. Individual errors are

Might have been different if Miller hadn't hit post

Last yr looked like a team with greater strength

Not kept enough clean sheets partly due to nervousness

Stats are damning

Conceding too many goals and that needs addressing

Maddison's performance typical of a young player. Smashing player who we have great hopes for

Must stand up and be counted

Hmmm, physicality eh? :whistle:

Chez78

Our squad is not shocking besides the young players. LJC_CCFC said so and he is the oracle on all this.

Well in that case i take it all back, apart from Webster I'm not having anyone tell me he is good he's even worse than David Rennie

James Smith

@Tom_FA: Pressley: "I don't want to come out and criticise the players too much...just now we've got too many who are too fragile".

Mentally or Physically? :facepalm:

Otis

Otis you have let me down; was expecting you to pick up on 'period romance' that my phone thought I meant to say instead of 'performance' :)

Didn't even spot that. :claping hands:

For what it's worth, I don't think it is ever a good idea to have a romance when someone is on their period. To emotionally charged a situation i feel.

James Smith

Both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is it going to take to instil a sense of belief in the squad and get us back up and fighting? I know we've got injuries and that isn't helping but I just can't see us staying in this division at the moment given our current form. Very depressing.

Brighton Sky Blue

Scorelines like tonight make me angry, and they should elicit the same response from the manager as well. This mollycoddling of crap, or to be more accurate, half arsed players was a Thorn trademark and the result was relegation with a team that shouldn't have been relegated. He needs a kick up the arse, his team needs a kick up the arse and so do his superiors. Yes there are much wider problems at this club which are holding it back but they aren't an excuse for this rank attitude Pressley gives off.

Brighton Sky Blue

What is it going to take to instil a sense of belief in the squad and get us back up and fighting? I know we've got injuries and that isn't helping but I just can't see us staying in this division at the moment given our current form. Very depressing.

The first choice XI is of mid table quality for this division. The problem is several fold-key players are missing, but the bigger issue I think is that Pressley just can't motivate his players. He lets them off playing crap, sets the team's stall out to defend even at bottom of the table sides and doesn't deviate from this even when behind. Yet we have just given him a 4 year contract.

wingy

Didn't even spot that. :claping hands:

For what it's worth, I don't think it is ever a good idea to have a romance when someone is on their period. To emotionally charged a situation i feel.

HaHa, that walk you and your girlfriend took into town .

Ibby

Coventry were the worst side, visiting Oldham this season. Their never got going and the players didn't try hard enough.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
DWWLLLDLLL : Citys recent form sounds like a town in Wales! :D

malkitccfc

Well considering he wanted to play the Dortmund way, they've started their season terribly too. This is too stressful for me, i'm losing my hair at 23.

stupot07

Well considering he wanted to play the Dortmund way, they've started their season terribly too. This is too stressful for me, i'm losing my hair at 23.

I feel much better now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

dongonzalos

He needs to give up on the 'Coventry way' for now.
Sign a keeper and play 442.
Go back to the Coventry way in the future

Users who are viewing this thread