O'Hare (3 Viewers)

larry_david

Only joking, I love o hare but shows stats mean fuck all really. He should be on 12 goals at least this least let's be honest

Jamesimus

Definitely our best player. Strange kind of attacking midfielder but in the right team / with the right players around him his goals and assists tally would no doubt be higher.

Still has to improve his end product but will be playing Championship football regardless of whether we are next season.

Gives his all every game regardless.

mark82

He’s a top player, it’s unbelievable that he still comes in for criticism by sections of our fan base. He’s easily our best player and has the most potential.

There are parts of his game that deserve criticism. His class is obvious though, will likely play premier league football eventually. With Hamer form dropping off he has to be nailed on for player of the season.

CCFCSteve

He’s a top player, it’s unbelievable that he still comes in for criticism by sections of our fan base. He’s easily our best player and has the most potential.

Agreed. I can understand people’s frustrations with his finishing/end product sometimes (I share those frustrations !), but he’s still a young lad and as most would agree, if he has those two things nailed, he’s not scrapping around the bottom of the Championship with us

You don’t always see talented players with a great work ethic, yet you get that with COH... we’re lucky to have him.

Sick Boy

Agreed. I can understand people’s frustrations with his finishing/end product sometimes (I share those frustrations !), but he’s still a young lad and as most would agree, if he has those two things nailed, he’s not scrapping around the bottom of the Championship with us

You don’t always see talented players with a great work ethic, yet you get that with COH... we’re lucky to have him.
His end product will come with time but if it didn’t need to develop he wouldn’t be playing for us now.

Sky Blue Harry H

Like to see him (and others in our team) get to play on a few flat pitches regularly, so we can develop some playing style again - rather than the gritty attrition that we are inevitably going to encounter to get through the majority of games for the rest of the season. The Middlesboro game was horrible for that (ball constantly bobbling in mid air in the centre of the pitch)

AFCCOVENTRY

O’Hare is work in progress. If we stay up then he will be an even better play for us next season. He does everything right but needs to increase his assist and goal ratio in his position. Once he does that he will be back in the premiership. The analysts compare him to Mason Mount.

Mucca Mad Boys

O’Hare is work in progress. If we stay up then he will be an even better play for us next season. He does everything right but needs to increase his assist and goal ratio in his position. Once he does that he will be back in the premiership. The analysts compare him to Mason Mount.

100% agreed. If he adds more goals and assists to his game, he would be considered one of the best players in the league.

He’s only really been a starter for us for 1 and a half seasons and has developed really well in that time too.

We just need to stay up this season, returning back to the RICOH should provide a nice boost both psychologically and financially.

AOM

Didn't think we'd have any chance of signing him last season, he's been brilliant.
Now it's Ostigard's turn to also prove me wrong 😉

AFCCOVENTRY

O’Hare is our most valuable asset. I thought Hamer would be our star player but after a great start he’s been pretty average for us.

Colin Steins Smile

O’Hare is our most valuable asset. I thought Hamer would be our star player but after a great start he’s been pretty average for us.
I think Hamer could be mentally & physically fatigued. He covers so much ground and seems to have a passion for the game that it’s bound to take its toll. There’s still a good player there, who has worked hard at adapting to the EFL

fernandopartridge

I think Hamer could be mentally & physically fatigued. He covers so much ground and seems to have a passion for the game that it’s bound to take its toll. There’s still a good player there, who has worked hard at adapting to the EFL

Why would he be more fatigued than O'Hare? They're a similar age and Hamer has played more first team games

shmmeee

100% agreed. If he adds more goals and assists to his game, he would be considered one of the best players in the league.

He’s only really been a starter for us for 1 and a half seasons and has developed really well in that time too.

We just need to stay up this season, returning back to the RICOH should provide a nice boost both psychologically and financially.

5 assists in the last 7 home games now. He’s really stepped his final ball up.

Mucca Mad Boys

5 assists in the last 7 home games now. He’s really stepped his final ball up.

If he has a goal scoring run like that, he’s probably not going to stick around for much longer.

That’s the one area he needs to work hard on. As a whole, there are times as a team we just need to shoot more!

SBT

His xG and xA stats show that he has the ability to put up monster numbers next season. I actually think we’re still figuring out how best to deploy him - he’s not the kind of attacking midfielder who can dictate a game on his own, but his insane work rate and direct running means he can make things miserable for teams who struggle with a high press, and we’ve seen against Brentford and Derby how effective that can be.

Personally I think Villa released him for a reason and I don’t think he’ll become a Premier League regular. But that just means we get at least a season or two more of him. He’s done much better than I thought he would at the start of the year.

Mucca Mad Boys

His xG and xA stats show that he has the ability to put up monster numbers next season. I actually think we’re still figuring out how best to deploy him - he’s not the kind of attacking midfielder who can dictate a game on his own, but his insane work rate and direct running means he can make things miserable for teams who struggle with a high press, and we’ve seen against Brentford and Derby how effective that can be.

Personally I think Villa released him for a reason and I don’t think he’ll become a Premier League regular. But that just means we get at least a season or two more of him. He’s done much better than I thought he would at the start of the year.

Villa released him because he wasn’t good enough for their team and they have Grealish. That doesn’t mean O’Hare cannot develop to be a Prem regular.

To do that, he needs to be a consistent minimum 7-10 a season midfielder to take his game to the next level.

Sick Boy

He has stepped up from a League 1 impact player, he has been excellent and is definitely our best player.

stevefloyd

There's a change in living environment for Hamer and adapting to English football. All are significant changes, which do take time to adapt. O'Hare is with the same club, living in the same house, etc.. and used to the routines
Ive said before Bergkamp didn't look all that in his first season here but what a player he turned out to be

Users who are viewing this thread