O'Hare is a Burden on the Team (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Shipley on the other hand is like playing with 10 men unless it’s transfer window time then he’s up for it
Is that the Shipley who is Coventrys highest scoring Midfielder in over 10 Years?

Sky Blue Harry H

Is that the Shipley who is Coventrys highest scoring Midfielder in over 10 Years?
That's quite an interesting stat - first time I've heard that referred to, and makes sense when you consider our history over that time.A slump, followed by a rise (with most of his goals as we rose from the 'trough period' I suspect)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Him and sheaf have been playing there in a 2 no ?
I would say Sheaf is more the holding midfielder and Hamer is more a ball-playing midfielder. He's given a bit more freedom and even though he does play next to Sheaf I think he'd be alright playing slightly further forward. Maybe use that passing to create chances, plus he might get the chance to shoot a bit more.

Nick

Administrator
While I still don't think burden, this is unforgivable to pass it along the floor straight at the keeper.

1645564753758.png

Maatsen has offered much more in 2 games at AM.

People are blinded by the fouls won stats that are pretty much meaningless.

He could do with a break, the issue is we have nobody to put in. Not even Bright.

ohare.PNG

That statistic is dire.

SBT

So if I have this right - O’Hare is now a liability because after weaving through two or three defenders out of nowhere, he didn’t subsequently score the goal of the season?

It was an easy chance to miss after an incredible piece of skill - do people really get that upset by it?

Nick

Administrator
So if I have this right - O’Hare is now a liability because after weaving through two or three defenders out of nowhere, he didn’t subsequently score the goal of the season?

It was an easy chance to miss after an incredible piece of skill - do people really get that upset by it?

No, he has missed sitters throughout his time with us. It isn't a one-off occurrence,

It wouldn't have been goal of the season, it was a simple finish into the corner. Good skill beforehand but it's absolutely pointless when passing it back to the keeper. Little bits of skill are absolutely pointless when you do nothing with it.

He is being praised for running alongside Hamer when he set Gyo up, that is the levels we are working at because it's O'Hare. Grendel will no doubt be along to say that O'Hare running there meant the goalie was put off so Gyo wouldn't have scored otherwise so he made the goal.

Ccfcisparks

It was not easy to miss. I’m pretty sure the majority on here would score from that position

SBT

It was not easy to miss. I’m pretty sure the majority on here would score from that position

I meant it was an easy chance, which he went on to miss.

But how many Championship players would have even created the chance in the first place? Let alone fucking internet randos.

covcity4life

Rather have a player that just puts the ball in the corner when they get a chance to be honest.
He is saving it for playoff final

One. Serious note I don't understand why he doesn't just smash the ball like he did for his goal Vs reading last season at close range

Nick

Administrator
I meant it was an easy chance, which he went on to miss.

But how many Championship players would have even created the chance in the first place? Let alone fucking internet randos.

It isn't just that one, it's more weeks than not.

Think back to some of those where the keeper has been miles off their line with him just outside the box and he doesn't get the ball off the ground and just plays it along the floor back to them.

It isn't a one time thing, even in that position I didn't get excited that he was going to score. Literally anybody else I would be getting ready to celebrate it.

Yeah, he presses really well and has an amazing engine but that's all he offers us in the majority of games.

Not all his fault as we really should have somebody else who can slot in to give him a rest.

SBT

Rather have a player that just puts the ball in the corner when they get a chance to be honest.

Who else on our team creates that chance tonight? Did Fabio Tavares do it against Solihull U23s or something?

fatso

Everything he did before the shot was wasted, he would of been better off letting the ball go out for a goal kick!

It's not as if it's the first time it's happened.
He's actually a very good player, but he's the worst finisher in the squad, the stats prove it. He needs a rest, but unfortunately we don't have anyone who can be dropped in there, but I'm sure that will be rectified next season.

Nick

Administrator
Who else on our team creates that chance tonight? Did Fabio Tavares do it against Solihull U23s or something?

Gyo, he also scores it.

It's desperate the lengths some want to go to defend him. "Wins the most fouls in the league though".

He won us a throw-in, hailed as brilliant ffs.

Grendel

Nick hates him

Nick

Administrator
This is o hare in a nutshell. If you wanted to show anyone who'd never seen him player before exactly the kind of player he is. Show them that clip. Excitement, close control, skill, trickery, and then....that

This is why you have pundits and opposition fans going mad for him. After you see those misses most weeks it's not the same as watching him for one game or a clip online.

SBT

Gyo, he also scores it.

It's desperate the lengths some want to go to defend him. "Wins the most fouls in the league though".

He won us a throw-in, hailed as brilliant ffs.

Gyo, the guy who you said may as well be sitting in the stands tonight? (Before he scored the winner, of course)

Pretend all you like that O’Hare is a net negative for this team, thankfully most of our fans can appreciate the good work he puts in to get us where we are.

Grendel

This is o hare in a nutshell. If you wanted to show anyone who'd never seen him player before exactly the kind of player he is. Show them that clip. Excitement, close control, skill, trickery, and then....that

Yeah let’s get Kelly back asap

fernandopartridge

It isn't just that one, it's more weeks than not.

Think back to some of those where the keeper has been miles off their line with him just outside the box and he doesn't get the ball off the ground and just plays it along the floor back to them.

It isn't a one time thing, even in that position I didn't get excited that he was going to score. Literally anybody else I would be getting ready to celebrate it.

Yeah, he presses really well and has an amazing engine but that's all he offers us in the majority of games.

Not all his fault as we really should have somebody else who can slot in to give him a rest.
Honestly your vendetta is pathetic, he offers a lot more than just running and pressing.

Nick

Administrator
Gyo, the guy who you said may as well be sitting in the stands tonight? (Before he scored the winner, of course)

Pretend all you like that O’Hare is a net negative for this team, thankfully most of our fans can appreciate the good work he puts in to get us where we are.

Yeah he ran alongside Hamer.

Yep, Gyo who wasn't really having the best game with much involvement with most people also agreed with.

Still, you can obsess over a young lad from the U23's and slate him.

Users who are viewing this thread