O'Hare is a Burden on the Team (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Are you preparing another of your Biamou-style caveats?

well no as he’s a great player at this level and biamou was utter shite at every level - heading is one area of weakness

Hertsccfc

Has he scored a headed goal at all?
Pretty sure he hasn't for us. I think he is a really good player, but he cannot head the ball, which is a surprise given his physique. For some reason on Tuesday we kept playing it in the air to him and that was why he was ineffective. He reminds me of Cyrille Regis in style in some ways, and no of course he is nowhere near as good. But he looks like someone you should lump it forward to but actually he needs it in the ground and his skill is in turning defences.

Of all our strikers Godden is the only one who can head the ball well. Pretty sure Walker has never scored a header either, and Waghorn's efforts are not inspiring.

Having said all that I agree with Evo that Gyokeres was a little unlucky with the header on Tuesdsy.

usskyblue

well no as he’s a great player at this level and biamou was utter shite at every level - heading is one area of weakness

To be fair, to classify that heading is a weakness, a more pertinent question would be, how many headed goal opportunities has he missed ?

KenilworthSkyBlue

I don't actually think vik did anything wrong with the header .. he headed it down which is always the advice and the keeper knew nothing about it and comes away looking like Gordon Banks

The advice is to always head across the goalkeeper when you're in that position. He just flung himself at it and hoped for the best.

Grendel

To be fair, to classify that heading is a weakness, a more pertinent question would be, how many headed goal opportunities has he missed ?

no it’s not really as generally he’s poor in the air for a striker and can’t impose himself against defenders in the air. It’s a weakness. The funny thing is people who blew smoke up biamous arse look totally ridiculous as the difference a real forward at this level makes is massive

usskyblue

no it’s not really as generally he’s poor in the air for a striker and can’t impose himself against defenders in the air. It’s a weakness. The funny thing is people who blew smoke up biamous arse look totally ridiculous as the difference a real forward at this level makes is massive

He wins his fair share of headers outside the box, when the ball is played in the air in transition (which isn’t our style of play anyway, so granted it’s a rarer occurrence).

The lack of heading opportunities inside the box would be more down to his positioning and movement… which conversely, may also be creating headed goal opportunities for our defenders.

David O'Day

Take him out of the team and we play like shite because everything goes through him. His finishing is shite but he would have had a load more assists if our strikers' finishing wasn't also shite.

When he gets taken off we look fucking terrible. Take him out of the team and replace with someone that chips in a few more goals but offers less all-round then we're going to be an even worse team than we are now.

Without him we'd be proper relegation fodder next year.

The press and energy goes through him

clint van damme

I mean if we are to be pedantic , Sheaf being turned like a 5 year old for Cardiffs first goal would be classed as detrimental to the team as they scored from it .. yet everybody is giving him MOTM , whereas KANE was slated and rightly so for a similar thing against Bournemouth.

Tell me , is sheaf ACTUALLY god ?

Is sheafisgod actually sheafisgod

Moff

I cant quite believe we are having this discussion about O'Hare when there are clearly quite obvious examples of other areas of our team with less class and skill.

ExmouthNeil

Still think we are very lucky to have him and most of the other championship teams would love to have him in their squad...

Look how far we have come!

covcity4life

He's still on of our best players and rightly one of first on team sheet.

I get frustration with him at times but why hate on the guy who needs to fix one thing whereas other players who need to fix lots don't get as much flack?

ccfcchris

Take him out of the team and we play like shite because everything goes through him. His finishing is shite but he would have had a load more assists if our strikers' finishing wasn't also shite.

When he gets taken off we look fucking terrible. Take him out of the team and replace with someone that chips in a few more goals but offers less all-round then we're going to be an even worse team than we are now.

Absolutely spot on. How some of our fans don't realise this is incredible.

fernandopartridge

Correct, some of these eejits think the ball gets in to the opposition 3rd by magic

fatso

Ok take him out of the team and then who else looks like a threat? If he was lucky enough to play for Man City, and no I am not advocating he is good enough, lots of people would be drooling over him with his work rate alone !
Where the fuck did I say take him out of the team? Seriously, where did you get that from?
Feel free to go back to my previous posts above and then tell me where I suggest he should be left out of the team.
Did I not even say he was m.o.m against Cardiff?
Honestly, some fucking people

End of the day, if the Enobakhare signing actually worked like Robins wanted too, I think O'hare would have alot better stats this season due to teams not constantly marking him, its getting very easy to defend against us, you keep O'hare quiet we're pretty much fucked creation wise, we need to give him one more season with even better players next season, if he still doesn't get assists then you have to question him, because all he has to link up with currently it Vik.

shmmeee

The pedant in me can’t let the “he’d have assisted loads if other peoples finishing was better”. That’s simply not true. His xA is one goal higher than his assists.

We generally don’t create great chances. We create lots of average to poor chances and that’s a team problem. TBH I think it’s a Robins playing style problem as we’ve never been high scorers since he’s been here. We have a habit of playing two or three forward thinking players at most while a lot of teams have four or five. Our wingbacks are very defensive minded and even O’Hare as an AM does a lot of defensive work.

Liquid Gold

The pedant in me can’t let the “he’d have assisted loads if other peoples finishing was better”. That’s simply not true. His xA is one goal higher than his assists.

We generally don’t create great chances. We create lots of average to poor chances and that’s a team problem. TBH I think it’s a Robins playing style problem as we’ve never been high scorers since he’s been here. We have a habit of playing two or three forward thinking players at most while a lot of teams have four or five. Our wingbacks are very defensive minded and even O’Hare as an AM does a lot of defensive work.
What was his xA for the header on Tuesday?

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I'm sure this will initially attract a barrage of insults, but as much as I really want the lad to succeed, he's not offering anywhere near enough for a championship attacking midfielder that plays every game.

I've heard comments that he is the best player we've had since relegation from the Premier League. Personally I don't see it at all.

I think we could sell him and whilst I'm not exactly confident the owners would reinvest it, should he go for the touted 5 million, even 20% of that would find someone who could score or assist more than what he is offering at the moment. Playing for territory is something wasps should be proud of, not us, and it feels like that and work rate are about his only major attributes. It's becoming a cult in itself though, and match after match there are people that leap to his defence in what in my view seems irrationally obsessive.

His stats in the league (last 3 seasons):

105 appearances
7 goals
16 assists

I've been at times really excited by him, and when we signed him from Villa permanently I was estatic, but that euphoria has seriously plateaued over time.

I'm not looking for emotive rage, just someone please, kindly and respectfully change my mind.

People can use the territory, foul winning and assists as much as they like, the simple fact is for a number 10 with the amount of chances O’Hares gets (wastes) and the amount of the ball he see’s - he should be hitting 6-7 goals a season.

I don’t want to turn this into a debate about a former player but McSheffrey was criticised endlessly on his return for us, playing at the top of the diamond as a 28 year old. McSheffrey managed 8 league goals two seasons in a row in a far poorer team. O’Hare won’t get close to 4 goals this season and this is in a far better team and on far more chances.

O’Hare isn’t providing the goals he should.

fernandopartridge

Well it simply is true based on some very real examples from recent games, forget xGA when I've seen him create 3-4 brilliant chances in the last half dozen or so games.

Users who are viewing this thread