O'Hare is a Burden on the Team (3 Viewers)

Grendel

Not really, it's just when you seem to go over the top it means people point things like this out in return.

It was an embarrassing miss, one of many this season.

it was hardly embarrassing as he shows amazing skill to get into that position. You’ve then showed a still image to try and make the miss worse that it was

if o hare hadn’t started a game this season We’d be in the bottom half of the table

end of conversation really

DannyThomas_1981

it was hardly embarrassing as he shows amazing skill to get into that position. You’ve then showed a still image to try and make the miss worse that it was

if o hare hadn’t started a game this season We’d be in the bottom half of the table

I actually agree with you - enjoy it - probably will never happen again!

Nick

Administrator

No, the miss was terrible in realtime too. Again, it is just one of many.

When SISU cash in for all the millions for him to go into the Premier League then we will see, he doesn't even get in at AM in the top Championship clubs though.

SBT

Yeah he ran alongside Hamer.

Yep, Gyo who wasn't really having the best game with much involvement with most people also agreed with.

Still, you can obsess over a young lad from the U23's and slate him.

Yes, how dare I not show sufficient respect to a kid from the U23s who did a stepover against Barnsley, when I could be routinely slagging off one of our best players after an away win.

Glad to see you're having another normal one.

larry_david

Tbh mate, the pic makes it look harder than it was. It was a shambolic miss under the circumstances

clint van damme

No, he has missed sitters throughout his time with us. It isn't a one-off occurrence,

It wouldn't have been goal of the season, it was a simple finish into the corner. Good skill beforehand but it's absolutely pointless when passing it back to the keeper. Little bits of skill are absolutely pointless when you do nothing with it.

He is being praised for running alongside Hamer when he set Gyo up, that is the levels we are working at because it's O'Hare. Grendel will no doubt be along to say that O'Hare running there meant the goalie was put off so Gyo wouldn't have scored otherwise so he made the goal.

You seriously don't know the importance of third man runs?
I agree with your point about his finish or lack of it but to try and make out his run wasn't important is straw clutching.
I don't think it's a big thing, someone should always be making those runs but they are important, we actually get them wrong quite often.

Grendel

Tell me big Grendel isn't comparing
Tbh mate, the pic makes it look harder than it was. It was a shambolic miss under the circumstances

yeah right let’s get rid of him - how’s Drysdale doing - you think he’s the next Mcfazdean don’t you?

Grendel

I agree with your point about his finish or lack of it but to try and make out his run wasn't important is straw clutching.
I don't think it's a big thing, someone should always be making those runs but they are important, we actually get them wrong quite often.

i honestly hope he goes in tbe summer then see what we bring in and see what these idiots think then

Grendel

What on earth has that got to do with this topic? Kelly, now Drysdale? You're getting as desperate as o hares finishing

no you are just an idiot - he’s one of the best players we have

clint van damme

i honestly hope he goes in tbe summer then see what we bring in and see what these idiots think then

Well we saw it at Stoke where they had two of the longest spell possesion that anyone's had against us all season because no one could break up their passages of passing. Fortunately they were toothless upfront.

larry_david

no you are just an idiot - he’s one of the best players we have
I've not said he's not have I? I know what he brings to the team and for me he starts every game. But I'm absolutely allowed to be frustrated he's skinned 3 people and then fucked up the easy bit, aren't I? What was your gut reaction when he missed that chance? Be honest

Cov kid 55

Grendel is spot on, O’Hare is just integral to the way we play, we’d be half the team without him. Yes, he should have scored, but the way he made the chance for himself was exceptional.

Nick

Administrator
We would only be half the time without him because we have no other attacking midfielder to play.

That's a massive part of the issue.

Moff

I don’t get it, O’hare creates himself a chance that a lot of players wouldn’t be able to and gets panned because he misses it…yet if it wasn’t him, it wouldn’t have been created in the first place.

Football is a fast paced game, even Ronaldo in his prime snatched at shots, even world beaters miss chances regularly.

There is so much more to his game, yes it would be great if he chipped in with a few more goals, but his presence whether on or off the ball creates so much for the team.

Jamesimus

It's not like it was his only contribution during the game, just pointed it out in my match ratings.

Some clampets on here want COH to dribble past 3 players AND score. You can't have it all! It does what it says on the tin, the SOLIHULL Messi, not the real one you bananas.

I was frustrated when he missed. But I watched the game so I'm glad he plays for us. I hope he never scores another professional goal actually.

Brighton Sky Blue

I don’t get it, O’hare creates himself a chance that a lot of players wouldn’t be able to and gets panned because he misses it…yet if it wasn’t him, it wouldn’t have been created in the first place.

Football is a fast paced game, even Ronaldo in his prime snatched at shots, even world beaters miss chances regularly.

There is so much more to his game, yes it would be great if he chipped in with a few more goals, but his presence whether on or off the ball creates so much for the team.

I think it was the sort of thing that if he’d finished would have been up for goal of the season, just terrific skill to beat all those players.

Seymour_East

No Grendel its not. Yes great skill to get there in that position but a huge lack of skill on the finishing...so plenty to talk about.

Frostie

It's as if trying to score a goal after slaloming around two defenders at pace is really easy

Even if you use the still that Nick posted which is misleading in itself, he has almost none of the goal to aim at. Yes he could (should) have struck it far better than he did but it's not a sitter by any means.

Realistically he has about a balls diameter (blue line) inside the post to hit, even then Bentley might get a finger to it.

1645564753758~2.png

Nick

Administrator
Even if you use the still that Nick posted which is misleading in itself, he has almost none of the goal to aim at. Yes he could (should) have struck it far better than he did but it's not a sitter by any means.

Realistically he has about a balls diameter (blue line) inside the post to hit, even then Bentley might get a finger to it.

View attachment 23916

He has none of the goal to aim at? Are you mad?

SlowerThanPlatt

View attachment 23916

I think it’s more the accumulation of missed chances than this one in isolation.

From what I can see online he has 1 goal from 4.23xG

Frostie

I think it’s more the accumulation of missed chances than this one in isolation.

From what I can see online he has 1 goal from 4.23xG

100%. His finishing is very very poor, not seen anybody argue otherwise & it definitely leads to frustration. Just pointing out that chance in isolation isn't the sitter it's being made out to be.

ms639

Gyo, he also scores it.

It's desperate the lengths some want to go to defend him. "Wins the most fouls in the league though".

He won us a throw-in, hailed as brilliant ffs.

Why do you wilfully continue to ignore that he’s created the most chances in our team and the 5th highest in the league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usskyblue

To get stuck on his goal production is to completely miss the point of the actual value he brings to the team.

He may not be the finished article and he may never get there… but if working on his technique in goal scoring situations is all we have to worry about? Then I think the lad can improve. I see no other consistent issues with his game. He’s comfortably one of our best players.

Nick

Administrator
Why do you wilfully continue to ignore that he’s created the most chances in our team and the 5th highest in the league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also point out people try their hardest for random stats, he is joint 3rd in assists now with the most minutes played?

Hamer has got the same assists in 2 games as OHare has all season.

Users who are viewing this thread