O'Hare bids (4 Viewers)

larry_david

It's unfortunate but O hare has never really been injured before, he's sustained some kicks and knocks and always bounced back. I wonder if he'll recover quicker than expected as some do.

Grendel

Not too clever for the club either
Had he gone we'd have received a big fee and not had to continue paying the wages which would have given us decent options

Well it’s not to clever at all for the club - when he gets back it’s unlikely we can sell in January. Then if he’s back on his game he will have a year left of his contract - he could stay and benefit as a free agent - seems no one is bidding for hamer.

If Gyokeres keeps scoring through august you have to wonder

Jamesimus

Well it’s not to clever at all for the club - when he gets back it’s unlikely we can sell in January. Then if he’s back on his game he will have a year left of his contract - he could stay and benefit as a free agent - seems no one is bidding for hamer.

Didn't someone say they knocked back a bid for Hamer in the summer?

If Gyokeres has 8-10 goals by January can see him gone.

djr8369

This scenario feels quite likely. It’s a funny old game isn’t it?

AFCCOVENTRY

We’re in a situation where we’re now missing O’Hare and Kelly who are experienced first team members. CoH more of a miss. We do need to bring someone in to plug the gap. Either the club with give robins some extra funds or reprioritise the next loan which was RB cover.

Last edited:

lordy_87

It's just shit timing really isn't it. The club were probably expecting a higher bid from Burnley now McNeil has gone, that they probably would have accepted, then O'Hare gets injured. Can't really blame the club here.

slowpoke

We’re in a situation where we’re now missing O’Hare and Kelly who ar experienced first team members. CoH more of a miss. We do need to bring someone in to plug the gap. Either the club with give robins some extra funds or reprioritise the next loan which maybe RB cover.
Perhaps our potential new owners will stump up a bit of dosh 😄

steve cooper

It's just shit timing really isn't it. The club were probably expecting a higher bid from Burnley now McNeil has gone, that they probably would have accepted, then O'Hare gets injured. Can't really blame the club here.
Burnley might still be interested if / when they could verify the extent of his injury, it's not as if its an ACL.

Matt smith

We’re in a situation where we’re now missing O’Hare and Kelly who are experienced first team members. CoH more of a miss. We do need to bring someone in to plug the gap. Either the club with give robins some extra funds or reprioritise the next loan which was RB cover.
I’d rather a number 10 now than a rb

got Burroughs and this new guy from spurs at a stretch

johnwillomagic

Exactly not had a scan yet but “experts” seem to know 8 weeks out….maybe their psychic powers can see scan results in the future as well…. :rolleyes:

Liquid Gold

Exactly not had a scan yet but “experts” seem to know 8 weeks out….maybe their psychic powers can see scan results in the future as well…. :rolleyes:
The scan was yesterday/monday. Just because they haven't made a press release doesn't mean those on the inside of the club don't know what's going on.

Reactions: AOM

Matt smith

Maybe, but we have a player that can the same position and if fit and motivated is at the very least just as talented
Yeah I get that but he isn’t fit at the moment

I’m just saying if there’s room for an additional signing I’d bring in another attacking player, I think we’ve got enough in defense

Grendel

I’m just saying if there’s room for an additional signing I’d bring in another attacking player, I think we’ve got enough in defense

Palmer hardly has a career that says he will manage a long run of games in a congested fixtures list

David O'Day

I'd say it's needed more in the defensive midfield areas

Briles

To be fair if he's on 10k a week he will earning over a million in 2 years

Not sure why it's anything to do with his injury mind you 😂

50% tax mind 😏

Briles

Thing is what's the point in having a squad if you need to buy players whenever there's an Injury. We've got Eccles, Howley, Sheaf, Hamer, Allen, Palmer who all play CM

Briles

Who would you be confident playing an O'Hare type role? Allen and Palmer at a push, but Allen is better CM, no clue about Palmer yet myself.

I think Palmers the natural replacement if he can get up to speed quickly. I imagine they will be upping his training a bit this week

Users who are viewing this thread