O'Hare bids (3 Viewers)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Best case scenario: we keep all three, they have a storming start to the season putting us top six in the process, and we get to ask silly fees in January.

And then history well repeat it self, ie Dann and fox.

Briles

I don’t see how

Firstly, Robins thrives on a backs to the wall mentality. His skill is working with nowt. Not sure how he'd do with a bigger budget. Secondly SISU would be waaaay out their depth

Brighton Sky Blue

Firstly, Robins thrives on a backs to the wall mentality. His skill is working with nowt. Not sure how he'd do with a bigger budget. Secondly SISU would be waaaay out their depth

Well for that league he still would be working with relatively little. As for SISU it would be the chance to finally sell up.

Briles

Short Jarni

Follow on from Peter O'Rouke's tweet that Burnley had a couple of bids turned down for COH. A Burnley fan seems to think they are bidding in region £3m. I sincerely hope that this is the end of that link at such a level. £5m + add ons minimum figure.

Hertsccfc

Follow on from Peter O'Rouke's tweet that Burnley had a couple of bids turned down for COH. A Burnley fan seems to think they are bidding in region £3m. I sincerely hope that this is the end of that link at such a level. £5m + add ons minimum figure.
Would be crazy to consider accepting a bid of £5million. His potential value by January could be considerably higher. He started scoring towards the end of the season and I wouldn't be surprised if he scored quite a few this season. He is already an excellent player and his worth would be substantial if he scored more goals, which I think will come.

fatso

Clutching at straws there me thinks.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Eh???

We've made four *big money* signings since getting back to the Champ:
Hamer - success
Gyokeres - success
Sheaf - success
Walker - failure

Every club at this level would kill for that kind of success rate.
Big money to us, but that to a lot of the other Championship clubs is an average signing

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I’m not opposed to 3 loans coming in as it means we will have strengthened from last season, we had JCS and Maatsen who have gone, we will have replacements for them and more and a new exciting AM, who currently has blisters and cant play, in Kasey Palmer

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

And create a shed load more new ones
But as long as we tempered expectations it'd leave us in a much better position.

Of course players would want improved deals. Signings would be more expensive too (though I think we'd probably look more at top end Championship players we could get for, still high, wages but nothing like the madness of the PL). We could look to invest in improving training facilities and maybe upgrading the academy. maybe it would even give opportunities in terms of stadium ownership one way or another (though whether the club would actually truly own the stadium is another argument.

There is of course the issue of the owners, as we could pay off their loans and interest, though how much they would want on top of that as a return on investment would remain to be seen. In terms of balance sheet, they do quite well out of covering the cashflow shortfall with the high interest they charge.

The Philosopher

I don’t think reality has set in to a lot of clubs.

So many are servicing debt of tens and tens of millions at currently low interest.

Just wait until interest rates rise and those debts become very expensive in a backdrop of squeezed revenues as the recession hits.

If nothing else, SISU are in the money business. I have a concern that their plan will be to cash all three of our best assets for 20-30m thinking that cheap replacements will be available in 6 months as the recession materialises.

Not usually this pessimistic but everyone needs to take a reality pill sometimes.

Briles

I don’t think reality has set in to a lot of clubs.

So many are servicing debt of tens and tens of millions at currently low interest.

Just wait until interest rates rise and those debts become very expensive in a backdrop of squeezed revenues as the recession hits.

If nothing else, SISU are in the money business. I have a concern that their plan will be to cash all three of our best assets for 20-30m thinking that cheap replacements will be available in 6 months as the recession materialises.

Not usually this pessimistic but everyone needs to take a reality pill sometimes.

Agreed. They'll trust Robins to continue pulling rabbits out of hats but there is a limit. Luck will run out eventually

CDK

Re robins with money that would be my concern,sisu being sisu wouldn't give him enough for us to worry .

Gint11

Burnley fan who’s a mate or mine says they want O Hare still and thinks they’ll pay what’s needed. Still very much alive this

ProfessorbyGrace

Has Kasey Palmer been brought in as a potential replacement for O’Hare? Like a pre-emptive signing, based on existing interest in the player, with his eventual departure imminent.

Bit of a gamble, don’t you think? If it’s true. I thought Palmer’s commitment and application has been a bit…underwhelming. And O’Hare is the epitome of both qualities.

better days

Has Kasey Palmer been brought in as a potential replacement for O’Hare? Like a pre-emptive signing, based on existing interest in the player, with his eventual departure imminent.

Bit of a gamble, don’t you think? If it’s true. I thought Palmer’s commitment and application has been a bit…underwhelming. And O’Hare is the epitome of both qualities.
That's why O'Hare will go for a far higher fee than we paid for Palmer

Offhegoes

Surely not. We were crying out for an additional AM last season, to either compliment O'Hare or be a back-up. To be honest a midfield / forward line of Sheaf, Hamer, O'Hare, Palmer & Viktor / Godden starting at Sunderland on the 31st would be great.

Northeast sky blue

Surely not. We were crying out for an additional AM last season, to either compliment O'Hare or be a back-up. To be honest a midfield / forward line of Sheaf, Hamer, O'Hare, Palmer & Viktor / Godden starting at Sunderland on the 31st would be great.
With the talk of O'Hare going, it would explain the rumoured interest in Sibley

Offhegoes

Think Burnley are way down on our valuation. Also Hamer was as good as gone 10 days ago. I think we'll keep all 3

Covkid1968#

Think Burnley are way down on our valuation. Also Hamer was as good as gone 10 days ago. I think we'll keep all 3
If that happens we have undoubtedly added to the strength of our squad compared to last year. I just can’t see us keeping them.

Bugsy

He ain't going no where.....PUSB

Last edited:

CovLad94

I personally can see O'Hare going, not for peanuts either, Burnley seem willing to splash the cash and I think once they sell McNeil they'll come back in for Cal

Bugsy

Hobo

Burnley fan who’s a mate or mine says they want O Hare still and thinks they’ll pay what’s needed. Still very much alive this

It is still only what a fan at another club thinks?

Users who are viewing this thread