O'Hare bids (4 Viewers)

jim20

I’m not against selling our players as that’s the only way we can grow our budget and progress. However it would be frustrating if it’s to another championship team, if it was to Burnley we need to push for big money

slowpoke

I think you are overestimating the effect of the pandemic and underestimating our finances. Every player has a price, if a valuation is met, the player will be sold. Norwich in particular are in a decent position financially, I believe they made over £20m profit only a year or so ago, and they haven't overspent in the PL.

Haven't Burnley rumoured to have paid over £4m for Twine?

Watford have paid £5.2m for Bayo, Millwall £2.25m for Flemming, Swansea £2m for centre back Darling,

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Have that many players been signed up ? think this is a slow market this money is short all over, we have bagged three reckon we’ll get another couple plus a loan or two. Still a month to go and two months until the window shuts.

Bugsy

That’s batshit.

proper Guano!!

to be fair thou all 3 have there own individual qualities, that once gone they are going to be hard to replace

Reactions: vow

1ccfc

We don't actually know if Burnley are / were interested in O'Hare, but they have just signed Samuel Basten on a 3 year deal. He's a 'high energy' central midfielder who apparently links up play.

Tommo1993

I would not expect a poxy £2m (on a player worth more) to be even partly reinvested in the team.

Sick Boy

You don't sell your best players key to how you play, to rival clubs in the same league. Everyone under estimates our position. We donot need to sell. We will not sell unless an enormous offer is put on the table. That is not going to happen. Most clubs post pandemic are watching their pennies. Norwich and Burnley have to adapt and get players off their wage bill. Regardless of parachute payments they will need to be cautious, their debts still exist. Sunderland have not go a pot to piss in, wages is the area they can do more than us, they will draw 30+ fans every week. They won't be a force this season.
The time to get worried will be January's window. Players like O'Hare & Gokeres could be targets for clubs if they have shown top form for us. Then it will depend on where we are in the league ourselves. Hamer looked all but gone a few weeks ago, but still here. We are not the only club with a few decent players on other clubs radar. Anyway I rate Godden as our top player and no one is calling for him?
I would be surprised to see any of them leave.
Christ.

JonesBob

So we have been told, Fulham had a bid for Hamer, Middlesbro for Vik and now Burnley for OHare. All then went ahead and signed someone else. Maybe we are asking too much? I HOPE SO.

shmmeee

Best case scenario: we keep all three, they have a storming start to the season putting us top six in the process, and we get to ask silly fees in January.

stupot07

Mark Robins has provided a progress report on Coventry City’s recruitment drive, outlining how many new players he expects to sign this summer.

Speaking from the club’s training camp in Spain, the Sky Blues boss said this morning that at this stage of the pre-season he’s looking at a maximum of four fresh faces, all of whom will be loan deals for the back end of the pitch.

We literally have no pot to piss in.

lordy_87

Mark Robins has provided a progress report on Coventry City’s recruitment drive, outlining how many new players he expects to sign this summer.

Speaking from the club’s training camp in Spain, the Sky Blues boss said this morning that at this stage of the pre-season he’s looking at a maximum of four fresh faces, all of whom will be loan deals for the back end of the pitch.

Pathetic backing from sisu.

Legia Sky Blue

Loan players will still cost us money. If we don't sell any of our 'big' players I would be quite happy with that.

The better loan players are likely to only be avaialable closer to, or after the season starts so I can see a lot more bed wetting on here between now and then however :)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's kind of what I expected and at least it seems to cover the area I think we need the most improvement. If we can get the right loanees then it'd be fine.

That is of course assuming that he means that that is what will happen if no-one is sold. If we sold one of the star names I'd hope he could look for more permanent solutions (though he'd also have to replace whoever we lost).

I also guess the maximum of four is probably dependent on if he can get one of the squad players like Walker or Waghorn out on loan as well, giving him a bit more salary to play with to either go for better, more expensive loans or an extra body.

Alkhen

Take that with a ladle of salt. Robins never show his hand, we are short on funds no doubt but he isnt going to say anything other than the absolute minimum to abate the mad fans. we clearly have funds put aside for decent wages or we wouldn't have chased JCS.

Users who are viewing this thread