Oh Lord - RIP John Sillett (1 Viewer)

Tripehound

RIP John - thank you for what you achieved, it will never be forgotten.

Condolences to his family and friends.

matesx

Not wanting to sound dramatic having never met him but it's like losing a loved one. It just feels like a more than significant chunk of my early twenties has just been ripped away leaving nothing but a gut wrenching emotion. Awful news to wake up to.

Thoughts and prayers for his wife and family.

RIP Big Fat John Sky Blue Army!

same mate, i was 19 when we won the Cup, feels like a personal loss although I never met him.

Danceswithhorses

Lovely guy...very down to earth and happy to chat with anyone.
Legend is an overused word these days, but not in his case...he and George gave us our greatest footballing day, with let's be honest...a budget team...a remarkable achievement.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Gutted.

Apart from being an exceptional manager he was a genuinely lovely human being and larger than life character. We used to bump into him from time to time with his wife in Tesco many years ago and he was always happy to talk to people - must of taken them an entire day to do their shopping! Even started saying hello to us when we passed them and asking how we were after a while.

RIP Snoz and condolences to his family.

Macca1987

RIP Big John, as others have said gave us all one of the best days of our lives in 87. Will now be George and John in Sky Blue Heaven

Ash

‘87 along with the rest of his successful stint as manager was before my time, but always remember seeing him in interviews and at legends days and he absolutely lived and breathed the club. His passion for all things CCFC was infectious, will be sorely missed.

RIP Snoz

joemercersaces

So sad. As with Jimmy Hill and George Curtis. My old man was born in the city centre 2 days before the Luftwaffe destroyed it and he was so passionate about the Sky Blues and brought me up a City fanatic as I’ve done with my lad. He loved Jimmy, George and John. Every legend’s passing takes away a part of us and today I think of John’s family but also of my dad. RIP Big Man.

johnb

The man had Sky Blue blood running through his veins. Thanks for giving me my greatest ever football moments! RIP Snoz.

no_loyalty

R.I.P. John, one of the best City managers of all time.

Hopefully the club put on a great tribute to him before the match on Saturday.

PUSB

Covcraig@bury

Me and the wife had the pleasure of his company all night in Raffles in Kenilworth . He was with his wife and sister or sister in law . Our tables was next to each other so got talking . By the time the main meal had arrived we was all sat together . We all over stayed our welcome talking of times gone by and his hopes for the future of this club . Needless to say my romantic night with the wife went out the window ( she was not happy ..hates sport ) I was having the best evening ever . That night and 87 will stay with me forever. R.I.P big man will miss your smile and laugh xx

Samo

Thanks for the wonderful memories John

Bugsy

Users who are viewing this thread