Officials (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Yet again a clear handball missed.

Deal with it, the officials are awful. They just get away with it though, nothing gets said to them.

The truth is there is simply a lack of people willing to do the job since you start at Sunday league getting dog's abuse for hardly anything. It means that people who probably shouldn't go up the ladder do so, the standard drops, the abuse increases and the cycle repeats. Unless I'm mistaken there is always an assessor at these games and it'll have been fed back to him behind closed doors that he had a shite one.

robbiekeane

It’ll absolutely have to improve.

When China and Saudi and Russian leagues start to pay a shit tonne of money for premier league officials to go abroad then they will have to start paying them decent wages which will then facilitate proper accountability.

Dont the refs have a union? Just refuse to do it until they get a share of the tv money or something

CCFC54321

The truth is there is simply a lack of people willing to do the job since you start at Sunday league getting dog's abuse for hardly anything. It means that people who probably shouldn't go up the ladder do so, the standard drops, the abuse increases and the cycle repeats. Unless I'm mistaken there is always an assessor at these games and it'll have been fed back to him behind closed doors that he had a shite one.
That ‘performance’ was an utter disgrace in the name of refereeing. No excuses he was Sunday league standard and if there was a substitute referee then he should of gone at half time.

referees should not influence games sadly this fucking clown did and I’d be surprised if he doesn’t have a sleepless night with a letter explaining he needs to go for additional training.

I’ve not witnessed such a shocking performance in over 40 years .

Brighton Sky Blue

It’ll absolutely have to improve.

When China and Saudi and Russian leagues start to pay a shit tonne of money for premier league officials to go abroad then they will have to start paying them decent wages which will then facilitate proper accountability.

Dont the refs have a union? Just refuse to do it until they get a share of the tv money or something

Admittedly it's been a good few years since I was in the middle but the protection you got at local level very much depended on the county FA you were attached to.

That ‘performance’ was an utter disgrace in the name of refereeing. No excuses he was Sunday league standard and if there was a substitute referee then he should of gone at half time.

referees should not influence games sadly this fucking clown did and I’d be surprised if he doesn’t have a sleepless night with a letter explaining he needs to go for additional training.

I’ve not witnessed such a shocking performance in over 40 years .

It won't have been missed. He couldn't control himself never mind the game.

Adge

Deal with it, the officials are awful. They just get away with it though, nothing gets said to them.
Deal with what? Didn’t say the officials were good today.
What I did say is “blame them for our own deficiencies” ie inadequate finishing in front of goal.
So in a nutshell-crap strikers. Deal with it.

Grendel

Villa fan on fine live saying they’d be sixth if it wasn’t for poor refs

Perhaps it’s a midland thing?

Adge

A fair ref and we win. A decent striker and we win. Blame them both, don’t let one off because you want to defend the other.
Fair. Always seems to be loaded though against the officials and the inadequate “strikers” are the lesser fall guys.

Grendel

Adge mate if I was as bad as him at my job I'd get the sack

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Burger King probably has less stringent standards in fairness

robbiekeane

Fair. Always seems to be loaded though against the officials and the inadequate “strikers” are the lesser fall guys.
Ridiculous.

One is about player performance which is an expected variable is part of the competition.

One is incompetence of people running the game and shouldn’t be variable

Grendel

Ridiculous.

One is about player performance which is an expected variable is part of the competition.

It’s always variable - we are only in this league due to two appalling refereeing performances in the play offs that went our way and oddly no one complained

robbiekeane

It’s always variable - we are only in this league due to two appalling refereeing performances in the play offs that went our way and oddly no one complained
Not to this extent. As much as you like playing devils advocate just for shits and giggles today’s referee was incompetent. That shouldn’t be the case

Nick

Administrator
Fed back to him isn't really much, he will be back having a shit one next week.

Adge

Ridiculous.

But no bias from the stands of course.

ccfcway

Honestly can’t see it being that today... they had 200 fans and we had 5000 fans absolutely raging at him, if ever there was gonna be a helping hand from a 12th man I’d have said it would have been today... he was just utter garbage & once we got on his back about the first few bad decisions he made a point of giving us nothing! He really shouldn’t even be reffing a game of kids footy

Respect your opinion, but I disagree. I thought they were louder than us today.

Nick

Administrator
But no bias from the stands of course.
Week after week there are big decisions completely missed and wrong.

If he had any bollocks he would have booked the Accrington player for picking the ball up by the sideline and booting it into the stands.

Still, none of them seem to have anything about them and can't keep a grip of the game.

How many weeks now have we been pointing out clear mistakes?

chiefdave

Not as straightforward as that-will at least be getting demoted. If he isn't we're more short of refs than I thought
Don't think that happens though. As he was so bad thought it might be his first game or something so googled him and this is the first thing that comes up:
'Why can’t referees be sacked?' - Oxford boss wants 'horrendous' official axed
That was in March, does today performance give the appearance anything has been done to rectify his deficiencies?

chiefdave

Week after week there are big decisions completely missed and wrong.
Today the officials performance has potentially cost us 2 points, and there's other examples of similar this season. Given how tight this division is how big an issue could that be at the end of the season.

Adge

Don't think that happens though. As he was so bad thought it might be his first game or something so googled him and this is the first thing that comes up:
'Why can’t referees be sacked?' - Oxford boss wants 'horrendous' official axed
That was in March, does today performance give the appearance anything has been done to rectify his deficiencies?
Without seeing the previous 20 odd games we wouldn’t know. Obviously the powers that be deem his performances to be at the required standard for this level.

Irish Sky Blue

You have to wonder why these things are happening. Clearly referees don’t turn up with a bias against Coventry. They also don’t turn up to have a bad game. I actually thought the guy today started fairly well, was trying to be unobtrusive and let the play flow.
I haven’t seen any of the game back so I can only go on the initial view from the stand. I thought McCallum was fouled and that it was a penalty. I didn’t see any foul in the incident with Bakayoko and O’Hare that lead to the disallowed goal ( the linesman actually flagged for that). I didn’t see the handball incident at all. I suppose all of these are subjective calls and because we are biased see them through Sky blue glasses.
However there were things he did or didn’t do that can’t be disputed.
Early in the game an Accrington player kicked the ball away. He didn’t even speak to him. The same when an Accrington player scooped the ball into the empty seats after running it out.of play. Again no intervention from the ref. At the end of the first half there was a minute of added time. The ball went out for a throw to Stanley, dug out side of the pitch.Initially no Accrington player went to take it. Then two mosied across and performed a little act as to whether it was a throw or a free kick. They must have wasted a good 40 seconds. The throw was eventually taken where upon the ref immediately blew for half time.To my mind he was effectively saying to the Stanley players “waste as much time as you want lads, I’ll let you.”The fact he warned Hyam (I think) for pinching yards at a throw in when they had done it all game with no intervention from him not surprisingly caused outrage.
As I said, refs don’t deliberately give bad decisions but we do seem to have been on the end of a series of bad ones that have cost us dear in terms of points lost.

ccfc92

Never agreed with this "no referee, no game" shite.

If you've got a ref who can't see properly, or is biased, you might as well walk off the pitch and give the 3 points away. You're never going to win.

All this "respect the ref" shite needs to stop. Just do your fucking job and you will get respect.

Adge

If you've got a ref who can't see properly, or is biased, you might as well walk off the pitch and give the 3 points away. You're never going to win.

All this "respect the ref" shite needs to stop. Just do your fucking job and you will get respect.
No reason why you can’t put yourself forward squire to referee. Always short of officials at every level.

clint van damme

Without seeing the previous 20 odd games we wouldn’t know. Obviously the powers that be deem his performances to be at the required standard for this level.

He was fucking useless as have been several refs this season and we were today denied another stone wall penalty.

No doubt you will take your usual dual position of getting on your high horse about not going to st. Andrews while simultaneously defending the refereeing performance in a game you didn't see.

Irish Sky Blue

Unfortunately that’s not true. Part of the problem is the actions of certain managers, players and the crowd.
Managers like Steve Evans will never show officials respect no matter what they do. Some players will do whatever they can to gain an advantage.They are effectively trying to cheat the ref and the other team. Crowds are totally biased and many of them simply won’t accept decisions against their team and will abuse the officials even when they are completely correct. Referees should be given respect so long as they are being honest and trying to do the right thing.
I think your comment about not needing a referee for games to take place is very interesting. So a game like today’s has no ref. Who will ensure that fair play happens? The players? The managers? In truth you are wrong. No referee does either mean no game or total anarchy on the pitch.

clint van damme

Unfortunately that’s not true. Part of the problem is the actions of certain managers, players and the crowd.
Managers like Steve Evans will never show officials respect no matter what they do. Some players will do whatever they can to gain an advantage.They are effectively trying to cheat the ref and the other team. Crowds are totally biased and many of them simply won’t accept decisions against their team and will abuse the officials even when 5hey are completely correct. Referees should be given respect so long as they are being honest and trying to do the right thing.
I think your comment about not needing a referee for games to take place is very interesting. So a game like today’s has no ref. Who will ensure that fair play happens? The players? The managers? In truth you are wrong. No referee does either mean no game or total anarchy on the pitch.

You are a poster whose opinion I respect but tally up major decisions that have gone against us this season compared to those that have gone for us.
The imbalance is huge. Another stone wall penalty denied today. What the fuck is going on?

Adge

He was fucking useless as have been several refs this season and we were today denied another stone wall penalty.

No doubt you will take your usual dual position of getting on your high horse about not going to st. Andrews while simultaneously defending the refereeing performance in a game you didn't see.
Feet firmly on the ground boss despite not going. Just for your information I did see the game.

Irish Sky Blue

You are a poster whose opinion I respect but tally up major decisions that have gone against us this season compared to those that have gone for us.
The imbalance is huge. Another stone wall penalty denied today. What the fuck is going on?
I agree with you. See the post above. I genuinely think we would be at the top of the league if every decision we should have had had been given.
I just didn’t agree with the poster who said Refs don’t deserve respect and in fact we don’t need a ref anyway.

Irish Sky Blue

Just in the last few games and off the top of my head;
Penalty and disallowed goal today.
Disallowed goal at Peterborough.
Offside goal scored by Fleetwood plus penalty not given in same game.
Penalty (foul on Walsh) not given at MK
Two penaltys not given against Tranmere
Two pens not given against Doncaster.

Adge

I seen the same as you squire. Yes, it should have been a penalty. Am I furious? No. Should I be furious about our inept misfits upfront?

David O'Day

I seen the same as you squire. Yes, it should have been a penalty. Am I furious? No. Should I be furious about our inept misfits upfront?
Yes baka was shit but surely you can see the refs at our level can't do there jobs properly

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread