Officials (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
He got the penalty right though-the assistant gave the penalty.

So he should get credit for seeing something a few yards from him?

It reminds me of people cheering Burge catching a ball.

Nick

Administrator
The line our side didnt seem to understand the basic rules like where he should be in line with the last man

It's happened loads of times this season, being sat on that side makes it easy to see just how far behind the game they keep being.

He absolutely shit himself when they scored because he had no clue.

Adge

It's happened loads of times this season, being sat on that side makes it easy to see just how far behind the game they keep being.

He absolutely shit himself when they scored because he had no clue.
Another classic line “they can’t keep up with play” or “they are that far behind play” but I can see why people say that.
The assistants are always in line with the 2nd last defender and are looking across the pitch when a ball is played. The assistant then has to turn 90 degrees clockwise and start running towards the goal which will take him 0.5 to 1 second to adjust. If the attacker (who is about to receive the ball) is already sprinting, he can have probably made 4-5 meters in that short space of time (0.5-1 second) before the assistant has started his run and it looks as if the assistant hasn’t kept up with play.
But in reality the assistant had been in the correct position when the ball was played (ie in line with the 2nd last defender).

Nick

Administrator
Another classic line “they can’t keep up with play” or “they are that far behind play” but I can see why people say that.
The assistants are always in line with the 2nd last defender and are looking across the pitch when a ball is played. The assistant then has to turn 90 degrees clockwise and start running towards the goal which will take him 0.5 to 1 second to adjust. If the attacker (who is about to receive the ball) is already sprinting, he can have probably made 4-5 meters in that short space of time (0.5-1 second) before the assistant has started his run and it looks as if the assistant hasn’t kept up with play.
But in reality the assistant had been in the correct position when the ball was played (ie in line with the 2nd last defender).
So why did he stand there flapping with no idea? Why was the one with the handball the other week nowhere near in line?

robbiekeane

Why referees don’t get paid more and are accountable is beyond me. They should be made to give post match interviews explaining their decisions

Adge

So why did he stand there flapping with no idea? Why was the one with the handball the other week nowhere near in line?
No-you were saying about them being behind play and I explained why it sometimes can look like that. But a couple of handballs should have been given over the last couple of games definitely.

chiefdave

Officials costing us points again. In a league that tends to be tight a few points can make a lot of difference come the end of the season.

But as has been pointed out, while its cost us the officials will be back in action next weekend without a word being said to them about a poor performance.

Paul Anthony

It's beyond frustrating how crap they are. There's a clear lack of consistency in games, never mind on a week by week basis.

shmmeee

If I were Joy, I’d be tallying up this for a compensation claim at the end of the season. Put those lawyers to good use. Might make the EFL think twice about ignoring the shocking standard of officiating.

pusbccfc

Rumour has it, the ref today was a Wasps fan.

Anyone heard the same rumour??

robbiekeane

On a serious note - is there anything we can do? Any genuine suggestions?

I’d like to see:
- written reasons for disallowed goals (handball, offside etc)
- written reasons for bookings and sendings off
- post match interviews of officials
- some kind of league or rating system for referees which decides what level they ref at (is this done already??)

Was thinking something like an e-petition but obviously that’s a government/ parliament thing

Adge

Adge comments on the ref today please

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
No problem with the penalty, as cast iron as you will see and yellow card correct.
Some of the other yellows you could say were very soft indeed.
I am never quick to criticise but I agree with most it wasn’t a great performance.

David O'Day

No problem with the penalty, as cast iron as you will see and yellow card correct.
Some of the other yellows you could say were very soft indeed.
I am never quick to criticise but I agree with most it wasn’t a great performance.
So you just going ignore our disallowed goal.which hitsvthee mans hand

ps1948

Has someone with time on their hands thought about sending some of the videos/screenshots to the FA and asking what their opinion is?
On VAR, I regularly watch the Bundesliga highlights show, and their use of VAR seems to be so much better than ours.

In fact Grendel could do it, while also asking why the referee allowed Biamou's clearly dangerous kick when he scored?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

On a serious note - is there anything we can do? Any genuine suggestions?

I’d like to see:
- written reasons for disallowed goals (handball, offside etc)
- written reasons for bookings and sendings off
- post match interviews of officials
- some kind of league or rating system for referees which decides what level they ref at (is this done already??)

Was thinking something like an e-petition but obviously that’s a government/ parliament thing

I think all but the interviews are done, but never put in public domain. I would very much back ref reports and assessments having to be made available to the public.

Adge

So you just going ignore our disallowed goal.which hitsvthee mans hand

Think it was disallowed for hitting Bakas hand. The new law introduced this season as we know means that a goal can’t be scored if the ball hits the hand/arm even if it is accidental.

shmmeee

Think it was disallowed for hitting Bakas hand. The new law introduced this season as we know means that a goal can’t be scored if the ball hits the hand/arm even if it is accidental.

That was the excuse given. There is no way in hell they could see if it hit his hand. It certainly didn’t look like it and Robins said it didn’t and he’s usually quite up front.

Question: what’s the rule on benefit of the doubt generally?

Legia Sky Blue

The ref indicated it was disallowed for hitting Bakayoko's hand, but there's no way the ref could have seen it, and it looked like he guessed. The TV pictures certainly look if it came off anyone's hand then it was the defender's.

Johhny Blue

The ref indicated it was disallowed for hitting Bakayoko's hand, but there's no way the ref could have seen it, and it looked like he guessed. The TV pictures certainly look if it came off anyone's hand then it was the defender's.
Or the infamous “hand of God”?

Adge

That was the excuse given. There is no way in hell they could see if it hit his hand. It certainly didn’t look like it and Robins said it didn’t and he’s usually quite up front.

Question: what’s the rule on benefit of the doubt generally?
There isn’t one.

Users who are viewing this thread