Offensive Comedy? (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

I'm a laugh at parties for not calling people made up words? Hum

Islamaphobia.
Phobia - definition - an extreme or irrational fear of.
Fear of what? Of a religion about a made up person?? Doubtful.
Islamabhorrrence maybe. But if people are going to make words up at least have them make sense!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

All words are made up dude. Did you think we mine them out of word mountains?

Next you’ll be telling me all those poor paedophiles are unfairly getting stick because the word just means “lover of children” and who doesn’t love kids?

shmmeee

On topic: this is stupid. I’m hard line freedom of speech, sticks and stones and all that. Some of today’s most important agreed human standards (civil rights, equal rights, rule of law) were deemed outrageous and offensive when they first appeared.

pastythegreat

All words are made up dude. Did you think we mine them out of word mountains?

Next you’ll be telling me all those poor paedophiles are unfairly getting stick because the word just means “lover of children” and who doesn’t love kids?
Right, read the rest of the post to see where I write it's USING WORDS IN THE WRONG CONTEXT. I understand all words are made up. The word paedophile for example, has a meaning, the word islamaphobia however means phobia (fear) of Islam, but used towards people who are against Islam. Made up word used in the wrong context!

shmmeee

Right, read the rest of the post to see where I write it's USING WORDS IN THE WRONG CONTEXT. I understand all words are made up. The word paedophile for example, has a meaning, the word islamaphobia however means phobia (fear) of Islam, but used towards people who are against Islam. Made up word used in the wrong context!

No mate. Words mean what everyone agrees they mean. That’s how language works.

Homophobia, islmophobia, transphobia, etc have meaning regardless of their etymology because that’s how people use them.

Personally I hate the new meaning of “Internet Troll” and have railed against it before, also “literally”, but I was wrong and you are here.

Anyway, you get hydrophobic material, it’s not scared of water, it repels it. Similarly hydrophilic material attracts water, I think you’re using too narrow a definition that doesn’t fit many many other accepted uses of the word outside the SJW circles.

Grendel

Phobia like many words is derived from a Latin word regarding fear. However, as with many words it’s meaning changes and new slants are put on it.

So phobia now also means irrational hatred - so homophobia is hatred of homosexuals and the same for Islam.

It’s not a difficult concept really.

Marty

Fuck me! Have the police got nothing better to do north of the boarder then go after something so petty? Absolute waste of police resources and tax payers money. Next time they complain about lack of funding, I'll point to things like this and tell them to do one.

It says it all when even the far left nut jobs that run YouTube allow it.

I'm all for freedom of speech, Martin Sellner wanted to give his speech at speakers corner, in front of no more then 100 people. As a result of his banning from the country, you now have that speech reaching far wider then he could have ever thought. I wanted to seek out who he is and what he stands for. I want to decide for myself if he is or isn't worth listening too. We are starti to head down a very dangerous path if we start to ban people from saying their peice.

Users who are viewing this thread