O'Brien Threatens Teenager (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
He is not a child, he is 15. It is why our society is in a mess, they think they can do what they like and bleat when they get a bit back. Adult shouts back...sensational.
I agree, at 15 I was trying to get into pubs with my mates. Back then if I was to have started shouting abuse at a bloke in a pub I'd have fully deserved a slap.

You see them nowadays giving bouncers abuse because the bouncers cant do anything, all pc. I remember seeing people abuse bouncers years ago and get a pasting.

Kids think they are untouchable because most of the time they are nowadays.

rupert_bear

O'Brien is an experienced professional footballer playing in a public arena, abuse, nasty comments is part and parcel of being a footballer unfortunately as well as adulation is. I don't know what was said or how abusive the kid was and it seems it was a kid of 15 but threatening gestures by players no matter what is not really acceptable and to be honest immature, but it was probably a heat of the moment thing, just humiliated, het up, crowd booing and gestualating and O'Brien reacted like he did. If it was that bad then it could be a police issue or the club could deal with it if they feel fit. No need to crucify him on here.

skybluesam66

O brien did not earn the money for the job he was paid to do. He let himself down and the club down. In situations like that you should not draw further attention to yourself - He spent most of the game barracking other players, when in fact the quality of his passing was abysmal

Woodster

I saw him come over to the front of the block at the end, I was at the top so didn't hear what was said - it started with said character giving him a mouthful whilst he was taking his tape off. Having been playing on the right hand side in the second half I can only imagine he had been copping it for a while.

He then came over, applauded the fans around who were clapping him, engaged in a heated discussion (I didn't see any cut throat gesticulation, just some pointing) and then went off clapping those towards the halfway line again.

Whilst I think that he'd probably have been well advised to sidle off with his tail between his legs (mainly to stop discussion such as this), I've got no problem with him coming over and giving the gobshite some back.

Jetstream-sama

Anyone who's played the game will know, that when your team-mates are performing terribly, and you try your utmost to motivate them in vain, in affects your own performance. Not only that, it really fucks you off, especially if you've lost at the final whistle.

I'm not condoning any aggression on Jim O'Brien's part, but I'd be a tad fisty if some little shit called me a wanker after I'd spent 90 torrid minutes trying to motivate my fellow players, with no positives to take from it.

But hey, let the media run with it, it'll be old news by tomorrow.

Sick Boy

Someone on Facebook says he witnessed Jim O'Brien threaten a teenager after the game. Dunno what to make of this but heres what the fan on Facebook said. "Fan called him a wanker and he ran over and was shouting "calll me a wanker again, fucking call me a wanker again" and then said "meet me after the game" then drew a line acrross his neck". If this is true, Lee Burge isn't the only one who needs his head sorting out. IF its true, some serious action should be taken. Granted, the fan should have kept his gob shut but theres no excuse for O'Brien's alleged actions

Typical football fan, can dish it out but starts crying when its given back to them.

Sky Blue Dal

I'm not really sure we can condone an employee of the club threatening a child because the kid said something nasty to him.

Hey come on.. he is not exactly a child... Would he be speaking like that to someone bigger than him in school... doubt it.

So you saying a child sprouting rude adult words to his elders is ok. His father should give him some leather to teach him how to respect adults in public. :D

letsallsingtogether

Hey come on.. he is not exactly a child... Would he be speaking like that to someone bigger than him in school... doubt it.

So you saying a child sprouting rude adult words to his elders is ok. His father should give him some leather to teach him how to respect adults in public. :D

Ouch I remember that, we used to get the cane, strap or Slipper when I was at school!!!!!

Turned us all into mass murderers?:thinking about:

Shout at kids now and you are a monster, no wonder they have little respect.

F

FloridaSkyBlue

I'm curious, if a bouncer had done the same os JOB was alleged to do (and made a slaching sign across his neck) or a copper or whatever, would you be defending them doing that? This guy is paid an awful lot of money. If he cannot take someone calling him a wanker just how fragile is he?

Let me help to clarify:

I didn't ask:

Question - a sentence worded or expressed so as to elicit information.

What I said was:

Statement - a definite or clear expression of something in speech or writing.

And oooooooooh, you travel home and away? You think your the only one to do so? Were you there at Halesowen? No, didn't think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha what an absolute bell. Funniest post I've read in ages.

Evo1883

Like o brien , good player gives his all so emotions are probably high right now for him , however running over and threatening a fan using the same language as said fan infront of a 7 year old girl according to a mum on facebook is not acceptable either .
bad day at the office all round

olderskyblue

Like o brien , good player gives his all so emotions are probably high right now for him , however running over and threatening a fan using the same language as said fan infront of a 7 year old girl according to a mum on facebook is not acceptable either .
bad day at the office all round

The 15 yr old using that language in front of the 7 yr old is not acceptable either

Nick

Administrator
I'm curious, if a bouncer had done the same os JOB was alleged to do (and made a slaching sign across his neck) or a copper or whatever, would you be defending them doing that? This guy is paid an awful lot of money. If he cannot take someone calling him a wanker just how fragile is he?
If somebody gives a bouncer crap they should be allowed to kick shit out of them like the olden days. Might stop the chavvy gob shites in night clubs

Joy Division

People keep suggesting he made the cut-throat sign, is this BS or did someone actually see it?

letsallsingtogether

People keep suggesting he made the cut-throat sign, is this BS or did someone actually see it?

He actually did it using a real lock knife he got out of his sock, good job he didn't get his gun out????

:thinking about:eek:r did he.

albatross

JOB is an employee of CCFC and is representing CCFC so his actions are not excusable.

no matter how rude your paying customers are you cannot react in that way.

RoboCCFC90

Haha what an absolute bell. Funniest post I've read in ages.

Well after all the other things you read on the forum you should be thanking me for making you laugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jetstream-sama

If somebody gives a bouncer crap they should be allowed to kick shit out of them like the olden days. Might stop the chavvy gob shites in night clubs

As a former bouncer, up and down the Welsh Valley's no less, I can confirm that hefty shoeings were administered to those who, uhh, pushed their luck a wee bit, to say the least...the SIA training instructors, even today, will tell budding bouncers that they can legally 'give as good as they get, and a level above if necessary'.

In some cases though, restrictions on 'incapacitating' abusive punters or aggressive punters are quite strict - in Swansea nightclubs, Oceana for instance, applying a simple chokehold to sedate a twat off his tits on Meow who battered a woman is deemed excessive. Uh-huh...

It would have been a different story if JOB had attacked the mouthy little git, all he did was respond excessively to his frustration.

Chez78

Ouch I remember that, we used to get the cane, strap or Slipper when I was at school!!!!!

Turned us all into mass murderers?:thinking about:

Shout at kids now and you are a monster, no wonder they have little respect.

What a load of tosh kids have plenty of respect these days and there were plenty of naughty kids around in your day, just the local bobby or teacher could give em slap.

And considering the amount of cases coming to light of serial cases of child abuse coming from the "good old days" I hardly think the old school is something to applaud.

If JOB has genuinely done the things that he has been accused of then he has to go, threatening a fan in the way he did is inexcusable as a professional no matter what kind of nob the lad was being. If it's all rumour and bs and I hope it is cause he's one of our better players then we carry on giving him our full support.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

What a load of tosh kids have plenty of respect these days and there were plenty of naughty kids around in your day, just the local bobby or teacher could give em slap.

And considering the amount of cases coming to light of serial cases of child abuse coming from the "good old days" I hardly think the old school is something to applaud.

If JOB has genuinely done the things that he has been accused of then he has to go, threatening a fan in the way he did is inexcusable as a professional no matter what kind of nob the lad was being. If it's all rumour and bs and I hope it is cause he's one of our better players then we carry on giving him our full support.

Yes because of course we get no child abuse now do we?

Chez78

Come on Nick he's a footballer getting paid a hefty sone of money not a bouncer dealing with some tool right in his face at 1 in the morning. IF and it's a big IF he should fined and shipped out and believe me I hope he hasn't done it. On your argument Marlon King should have been allowed to jump into the crowd and start throwing haymakers for the amount of stick he got from our lot.

hutch1972

My recollection of 70s and 80s bouncers was that you didnt have to say a word to get your teeth kicked in. Most were no better than the shit they were trying to keep out.

turlykerd

as ive "worked the door" in my younger days, i can honestly say that making funny gestures to obscene twats was not something we liked to do. but we did like to show them the error of there ways, and explain fully how being obscene usually resulted in accidental harm to ones face and limbs .

as far as im concerned, if im calling a wanker a wanker and they dont like it and call me one back then so be it..im asking for it ... i would never in a million years whine about it..and as far as fifteen goes , if your old enough to be abusive, then your old enough to take the abuse ...

although then you have to take the stick that a coventry city player who lost to ...... Worcester (urgh) offended you

then id just keep my trap shut :(

aviles

Your all idiots everyone was raving about him on here last week he is job is the only player this season that has shown real quality and real passion he never stops working. So what if he had an altercation with a 15 year old if you had a bad day in the office and a customer started giving you abuse I'm sure everyone of you would tell them to fuck off

luwalla

as a club we have welcomed convicted , time served, women beatin scum & a player returning from 2 year bans for doping.. i certainly aint gonna start preaching about our most passionate player this season, because he... errm, talked back to a grown man!!

letsallsingtogether

Isn't that what most of us are saying?
Only one or two not on the same wave length here.

I had an altercation once with a player from Wimbledon FC.

I actually thought it was funny and applauded him when others around me said you should report him!!!!

Also funny when that same player signed for us 2 weeks later .......

One J Hartson Top Man....

I had called him every thing under the sun Goaded him at every corner etc
Your all idiots everyone was raving about him on here last week he is job is the only player this season that has shown real quality and real passion he never stops working. So what if he had an altercation with a 15 year old if you had a bad day in the office and a customer started giving you abuse I'm sure everyone of you would tell them to fuck off

bigfatronssba

It is quite simple really, if and that is a big IF, O'Brien has threatened someone then that is illegal.

Are we really supporting our playing breaking the law whilst wearing a the shirt?

We might have sympathy with him for losing his cool against what was most probably a cocky little chav, but O'Brien is a man and a paid professional. If I threatened one of my customers I would be instantly dismissed.

F

FloridaSkyBlue

as ive "worked the door" in my younger days, i can honestly say that making funny gestures to obscene twats was not something we liked to do. but we did like to show them the error of there ways, and explain fully how being obscene usually resulted in accidental harm to ones face and limbs .

as far as im concerned, if im calling a wanker a wanker and they dont like it and call me one back then so be it..im asking for it ... i would never in a million years whine about it..and as far as fifteen goes , if your old enough to be abusive, then your old enough to take the abuse ...

although then you have to take the stick that a coventry city player who lost to ...... Worcester (urgh) offended you

then id just keep my trap shut :(

Think you are missing the point! JOB is like it or not an ambassador for the club! A copper would be suspended / lose his job if he did what JOB was alleged to have done! And while I understand that doorman may/may not have done that, JOB is a role model for kids! He has to set an example! Just look at how man kids spit or dive when playing football! I have no sympathy with this "kid" but when a player gets paid the big bucks he has to be able to control himself - otherwise he needs to find another job! Cannot defend making a slashing sign across his throat - that is incitement isn't it? What if another fan took exception and set on the kid because he was a massive fan of O'Brien? His actions might have consequences

Users who are viewing this thread