O'Brien Threatens Teenager (3 Viewers)

percy

if my 15 year old was doing this i would thank JOB myself

RoboCCFC90

Are you for real? You cant condone his actions. He's a professional footballer. He cant be doing stuff like that

He is for real his name is Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Lurker

Excuse me you haven't yet produced the evidence that CCFC have been promoted on the council website have you?

If your really that bothered then you lead a very shit life and I think the club have more concerns and pressing matters then the council advertising wasps matches. But carry on with your mini obsession which is very irrelevant to ccfc

RoboCCFC90

if my 15 year old was doing this i would thank JOB myself

The book of......?

covmark

Are you for real? You cant condone his actions. He's a professional footballer. He cant be doing stuff like that
Come off it mate. If some little turd was mouthing off in the street, he'd have got a hiding. Because it's a footballer he's supposed to take it. Footballers are human too you know.

Rusty Trombone

I agree the fan needed taking down a step, but Jim went too far. We cant have senior players behaving like that. If that was a teacher or a policeman, they'd be sacked. I think Jim should be fined and given a 1 match ban, cus we cant have stuff like this happening

Without adding any emotive words, or filling in any gaps with guesswork, what actually did JOB do that was so wrong that other professionals would get sacked for?

ajsccfc

Is policeman really the profession you want to put forward as '_______ would never get away with this?'

I'd personally like to see O'Brien never allowed to play again, maybe even put in prison. A nurse would be killed. What he did was basically the same as racism or something

Grendel

If your really that bothered then you lead a very shit life and I think the club have more concerns and pressing matters then the council advertising wasps matches. But carry on with your mini obsession which is very irrelevant to ccfc

Well you are clearly bothered that I'm bothered so you must have an even shitter life I guess.

Yes, he would have. But this isn't some street corner. This is a professional football match and in professional football, stuff like this cannot happen. If it was a Leicester player you'd be all over it, yet cus one of our players has crossed the line you refuse to admit O'Brien needs punishing

shmmeee

RRLFT.gif

Brighton Sky Blue

If someone swore at you in the street you'd probably do it back and if you'd had a crap day at work even more so. This is a non story although maybe O'Brien could have shown as much passion during the game...

RoboCCFC90

Indeed we could be out the FA Cup.......

The way O'Brien spoke to a supporter of the club inside the ground and making a 'cutting throat' gesture, you're honestly saying if anyone in any other profession did that, they would be severely disciplined

RoboCCFC90

Yes, he would have. But this isn't some street corner. This is a professional football match and in professional football, stuff like this cannot happen. If it was a Leicester player you'd be all over it, yet cus one of our players has crossed the line you refuse to admit O'Brien needs punishing

Liam in fairness, the kid got abusive, O'Brian gave it back, end of..

Grendel

No one cares. He asked for it if what is said is true. Why are you continuing this one man crusade!

ajsccfc

If it was a Leicester player you'd be all over it, yet cus one of our players has crossed the line you refuse to admit O'Brien needs punishing

Nope. I'd laugh and move on very quickly. When Eden Hazard gave that dickhead ballboy a little kick I didn't care then either.

They're all human beings who get frustrated, particularly after losing a game that shouldn't have been close.

letsallsingtogether

Your right lets ban him for 3 games not pay him and put another 16 year old in his place that will show him......

Or should we just get rid of him altogether I'm sure we can replace him with a descent player on half the money.

ajsccfc

The way O'Brien spoke to a supporter of the club inside the ground and making a 'cutting throat' gesture, you're honestly saying if anyone in any other profession did that, they would be severely disciplined

Christian Bale was caught on audio threatening a crew member, they later made him THE BATMAN.

ajsccfc

And he was on the BBC thing earlier too. You've got to scream at a few people to get ahead really.

SkyblueBazza

It is inexcusable, as is a "fan" shouting abuse at the team the claim they support. Encouraging is supportive - abuse, ridicule or tormenting is destructive.

When feeling embarrassed (as I'm sure the whole team did) & put upon (blamed) people tend to react defensively - he was taking his anger & frustration out on a worthy target if the target was shouting direct abuse at him...but it is still inexcusable for a paid "professional" (whatever that means) to react in such a way.

I'm sure he will be making some kind apology & disciplinary action.

PUSB

It is inexcusable, as is a "fan" shouting abuse at the team the claim they support. Encouraging is supportive - abuse, ridicule or tormenting is destructive.

When feeling embarrassed (as I'm sure the whole team did) & put upon (blamed) people tend to react defensively - he was taking his anger & frustration out on a worthy target if the target was shouting direct abuse at him...but it is still inexcusable for a paid "professional" (whatever that means) to react in such a way.

I'm sure he will be making some kind apology & disciplinary action.

PUSB

Completey agree. Jim was out of order but the kid should have kept his gob shut. Both sides have to accept a portion of the blame, but as a professional footballer, Jim has to know better

CJ_covblaze

Grendel

So you made it up -- as evidenced by the two clowns who liked your post.

FRY-CCFC

Jim is one of our best players. Let's not hound him out the club for him telling a pre-pubescent scrote where to go.

Astute

I am a professional. I tell my bosses to fuck off if they deserve it. If anyone abuses me they get it back. They should have a word with him but nothing more.

Football players are paid to play. They are not paid to take shit off little shits.

SkyBlueScottie

If he was a teacher... If he was a policeman, if he did this if he did that.... Come on people, the facts are, he is a professional footballer, who no doubt was majorly embarrassed / angry at the humiliating defeat at the hands of Worcester. He has more than likely reacted to what somebody has said. The majority of us would. Yes it may have been better for him to have not reacted, however let's just remember he had an extremely bad day at work.....

Last edited:

bigfatronssba

When we say a teenager are we talking about a child or a 19 year old?

Hobo

If the teenager thinks he is old enough to gob off at someone, he should be old enough to have some verbal back. Consequences etc....put the sympathy cream away.

bigfatronssba

If the teenager thinks he is old enough to gob off at someone, he should be old enough to have some verbal back. Consequences etc....put the sympathy cream away.

I'm not really sure we can condone an employee of the club threatening a child because the kid said something nasty to him.

Otis

Reality: 'Fan gets angry at defeat, heated words exchanged with City midfielder.'

Sun headline: Jim O'Brien Threatens Teenager.'

Hobo

I'm not really sure we can condone an employee of the club threatening a child because the kid said something nasty to him.

He is not a child, he is 15. It is why our society is in a mess, they think they can do what they like and bleat when they get a bit back. Adult shouts back...sensational.

Users who are viewing this thread