Match Thread Nuneaton Boro vs. Coventry City Match Thread - Tuesday 19th Nov (2 Viewers)

edgy

The Sky Blues take on Nuneaton Borough on Tuesday night in the Second Round of the Birmingham Senior Cup.

City eased past Rugby Town in the First Round, after they secured a 5-1 win at Butlin Road back at the start of October.

Nuneaton will host the Sky Blues on Tuesday 19th November, with kick-off scheduled for 7:45pm at Liberty Way.

Tickets for the game will be available on the gate and will be priced at:

Adults - £8
Concessions (60 and over) - £4
Under 16s - £2

edgy

Will we see Allen, Pask and maybe Jones involved in some capacity?

Boro manager has been told we'll be taking a "strong" side.

Nick

Administrator
We shouldn't tell him in advance, just say we are taking the U17s and rock up with decent players.

Terry Gibson's perm

If I wasn’t at work I would have gone along to watch this, I have always been fairly anti Boro when they used to act the like the pre season friendly was a cup final if they won but I quite like Jimmy G and he is trying hard in difficult circumstances there.

steve cooper

Got to view these next few weeks as a mini pre-season for Allen, Pask & Jones.
I appreciate this is a meaningless game and some would argue a risk to play them but surely that risk is still present during pre-season?
Judging by some of our injuries this season, it seems that training sessions are just as big a risk

Greggs

If I wasn’t at work I would have gone along to watch this, I have always been fairly anti Boro when they used to act the like the pre season friendly was a cup final if they won but I quite like Jimmy G and he is trying hard in difficult circumstances there.
You obviously never played against the cabbage then? Horrible bunch!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Picking the team for this is just throwing darts at pictures on a dartboard. But I'll go

______________Wilson
______Drysdale__Fadz*___Williams
Watson____Eccles___Allen*______Newton
__________Young______N'Gandu
_______________Biamou*

Subs: Billson, Rowe, G. Burroughs, J.Burroughs, Wakefield, Bapaga, Bremang

* - likely to only play 45-60 mins. Eccles inclusion is assuming Kelly is available for Sunderland. Think it may be a bit early for Pask and Jones. Hiwula maybe.

stevefloyd

completely agree. he needs all the mins he can get on the pitch, clearly still not fit, despite being mid Nov
Unless he is just about in the bomb squad because Robins don't seem too bothered about getting minutes into his legs

NorthernWisdom

Boro manager has been told we'll be taking a "strong" side.
I remember the local papers all reporting the Neath manager saying Chris Coleman would be bringing a strong side for our friendly a few years back.

Even the announcer didn't know our players' names! "Goal by number 9"

Still, got to see Callum Wilson early in his career, outshone on the day by Nathan Cameron and... Adam Walker.

Gazolba

Nuneaton knocked out the mighty Coventry Sphinx 1-0 in the last round.
City should sweep Nuneaton Borough aside.
Coventry United were to play Halesowen in the last round but I don't see either of those clubs in this round.
I'm thinking some first round games are still to be played.

Grendel

Kastaneer lol

Great_Expectations

4-3-3, 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1?

Keeper and back four seem obvious, but it’s how he works the players in front, as he seems to have three wide players (Wakefield, Kast and Bapaga), unless Kast or Bapaga are playing 10/off the striker? Can’t see enough for three central players either, so I think 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.

I really hope Bremang takes his chance as he won’t get a better opportunity to stake a claim for the first team squad.

Users who are viewing this thread