Now Back Your Manager SISU (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Well manager Mark Robins has got us to the brink of a Wembley final and publicly commited himself to Cov hows about a bit of support from our owners. Give MR a little lea-way in player recruitment. All those he has brought in since his arrival have delivered and helped turn our season around, so come on Fisher and friends play your part.Top six beckons, with the right support.

Mucca Mad Boys

Tbf, SISU have done their but so far in the market this season so far. Resigned Bailey on loan (I'd bet we will get him on a perm in the summer), resigned Adams, to be a permanent deal? Looks likely, we've got Moussa tied down to a long term contract (ish), replaced McG with an arguably*, just as effective striker in Clarke, on a 2.5 year deal. Activity so far has been pleasing, and tbf, if we don't sign anymore, I'd be satisfied.

*I don't hold this view but their strike rates are similar (McG edging it by 0.03ish) and Clarke played for Scunthorpe, 23rd in he division, and hadn't played since Nov 24th before NYD.

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

McGoldrick would have scored 3 or 4 tonight, so would like to see a good finisher.

Hmm I'm not sure, as good as McG was, he did miss a few chances you'd expect him to tuck away e.g. Stevenage and Walsall come to mind.

rupert_bear

Clarke is a completely different player to McGoldrick who seemed to thrive on being the loan striker up top hence many of his goals came away from home, Clarke will need a partner IMO to play off him and his fantastic work rate, so another striker partner would for me be ideal and essential.

Last edited:

Astute

McGoldrick would have scored 3 or 4 tonight, so would like to see a good finisher.

Clarke did well last night. Did you notice how their defenders followed him wherever he went, leaving space for the rest of our players. He still won the ball a fair few times. One thing most of our players struggled to do most of the game. He also got the winner :claping hands:

sky blue john

I don't expect anymore signings and i don't think we need anything more at this moment in time.
I don't see the reasoning for another striker MR only plays one up front.

dongonzalos

I would prefer now.
If they allowed him to keep this squad.
Anyone's whose wages he frees up he gets those wages back to use.
We have a massive squad ideally we shouldn't need more on top, without releasing some.
SISU say they can afford the rent. So I want them to sort that first.
The national press paints us as a club about to become homeless who can't afford to pay our rent.
Agree the 400k
Get rid of the sideshow off the pitch.
Make us look to everyone outside that we are a financially strong harmonious club.
Robins is getting it right on the pitch.
SISU should get it right off the pitch.

We may find then that the likes of Doncaster fans would not think they are in with a shout of getting our manager.

covcity4life

dont shout at me but,.....are they backing him right now?

bailey loan extended, adams possible permannent,leon clarke permanent,moussa permanent

if we get anyone else in the window you gotta say sisu are doing a good job

now if only we could agree a rent

Mucca Mad Boys

I would prefer now.
If they allowed him to keep this squad.
Anyone's whose wages he frees up he gets those wages back to use.
We have a massive squad ideally we shouldn't need more on top, without releasing some.
SISU say they can afford the rent. So I want them to sort that first.
The national press paints us as a club about to become homeless who can't afford to pay our rent.
Agree the 400k
Get rid of the sideshow off the pitch.
Make us look to everyone outside that we are a financially strong harmonious club.
Robins is getting it right on the pitch.
SISU should get it right off the pitch.

We may find then that the likes of Doncaster fans would not think they are in with a shout of getting our manager.

Seriously glad you aren't negotiating rent! We'll get an agreement south of 400k.

torchomatic

Why start this thread? SISU are backing the manager. And the club as we have a bloody good manager. Come on, let the business men sort the rent and enjoy what's happening on the pitch. Robins' doesn't seem worried and said it will get sorted so that's good enough for me. If SISU were that bad he'd be off.

dongonzalos

Why start this thread? SISU are backing the manager. And the club as we have a bloody good manager. Come on, let the business men sort the rent and enjoy what's happening on the pitch. Robins' doesn't seem worried and said it will get sorted so that's good enough for me. If SISU were that bad he'd be off.

They are backing the manager . Definitely.

The club aside the success on the pitch are looking embarrassing off it, over the rent.

Both against spurs and yesterday the media focused on how skint we are!

torchomatic

I don't think they are looking embarrassing at all. It's only certain posters who have their knickers in a twist who say what an embarrassment we are, etc. Doesn't bother me. When people talk about Coventry City they will be talking about Mark Robins and the way he's turned the team around. SISU and ACL will sort it out.

The club aside the success on the pitch are looking embarrassing off it, over the rent.

Grendel

This is incorrect though isn't it. Perhaps the next time there is an opportunity for an interview in the Guardian the record can be put straight.

rupert_bear

I don't call refusing to pay your commitments thus putting the club in jeopardy and worrying it's supporters backing anyone, manager,fans or players.

torchomatic

We didn't pay Southampton for Leon Best. Did you complain about that at the time?

I don't call refusing to pay your commitments thus putting the club in jeopardy and worrying it's supporters backing anyone, manager,fans or players.

Sky Blue Kid

We didn't pay Southampton for Leon Best. Did you complain about that at the time?

We were served with a "Transfer Embargo" because of non payment....So I'll take a little guess that...."Bet your damned life we complained":facepalm:

dongonzalos

I don't think they are looking embarrassing at all. It's only certain posters who have their knickers in a twist who say what an embarrassment we are, etc. Doesn't bother me. When people talk about Coventry City they will be talking about Mark Robins and the way he's turned the team around. SISU and ACL will sort it out.

Correction they should be talking about MR.

I take it you didn't watch the media build up to spurs and Preston.

Poor little coventry, don't know where they will be playing next season or even if they will exist.
However despite this they keep battling on the pitch.

Why do you think Donny fans thought it was realistic that they could poach our manager?

Last edited:
The best things SISU can do for Robins is to give him so transfer funds so he doesnt have to rely on has-beens and drop-outs being signed, sort out this crap off the field so theres no distractions and let him focus on the team, just stay out of his way

Which has-beens and dropouts is he relying on at the moment? Moussa's hardly a reject.

When was the last time we had owners this bad? In the last 4 transfer windows we've spend a total of 500k and have sold players toalling to around 4 million. Any real owner would invest in their squad. I'll admit, Moussa had been great, but how could we have known he was gonna be that good? Loans and rejects arent gonna win you the league. Players are released for a reason. They also need to solve off-field problems. A couple of wise investments here and there and we will be fine. Its not rocket science

ajsccfc

What are you talking about? It's not rocket science, but it's also not Football Manager. You know we're a third division side with next to no money, right? Loans are a lifeblood for this level, and 'rejects' is a moronic label that you could apply to any player who's left a club.

Players aren't released for a reason, they're released for several reasons.

How did we know Moussa would be good? The idea is that when a player is signed the people involved have had a look at him. It's not John Gregory signing Balaban after a quick Youtube highlights video.

Last edited:
What are you talking about?

Moussa is the onyl decent player we signed for free. Sisu need to stump up the cash to sign sogn decent players. Released players are realeased for a reason, cus they're crap. Moussa is an exception to this, but we cant rely on getting another Moussa for free. We need to make a couple od good investments in our squad and then those deals will pay for themselves, but SISU are to stupid and stubborn to see that

torchomatic

Well, I don't remember you whining like a little girl like you are now, complaining about embarrassment and morals, etc etc

We were served with a "Transfer Embargo" because of non payment....So I'll take a little guess that...."Bet your damned life we complained":facepalm:

torchomatic

Who cares what the fans think - thankfully they don't make the decisions.? It's the clubs management that's important. Robins said there was no approach and the Doncaster board said there had been no approach, so there's no problem.

Why do you think Donny fans thought it was realistic that they could poach our manager?

torchomatic

has-beens and drop-outs? Like who? The same has-beens and drop-outs that have gone from bottom three to five points off the top six in three months? The has-beens and drop-outs who have said a club record for consecutive away wins? Unbelievable.

The best things SISU can do for Robins is to give him so transfer funds so he doesnt have to rely on has-beens and drop-outs being signed, sort out this crap off the field so theres no distractions and let him focus on the team, just stay out of his way

torchomatic

ajsccfc

Nottingham Forest dropout David McGoldrick is being allowed to leave them on a free. What a crap hasbeen.

Grendel

No we didn't complain. Now your bleating because you don't like the owners. Then because it was good old Mr Coventry you didn't say a word.

This sentence sums it up for me. Pathetic.

Think what you want, i dont care. I got an opinion and i'm voicing it. We cant rely on free's and loans forever. Kevin Kilbane, remember him? Slow, Lazy, poor captain. Thats the sort of crap we're buying. We're still gonna get players liek that if we pay forthem, but if funds are available to Robins he'll be able to build a squad of players that we wants, not just who's available

Grendel

Think what you want, i dont care. I got an opinion and i'm voicing it. We cant rely on free's and loans forever. Kevin Kilbane, remember him? Slow, Lazy, poor captain. Thats the sort of crap we're buying. We're still gonna get players liek that if we pay forthem, but if funds are available to Robins he'll be able to build a squad of players that we wants, not just who's available

Are you stupid? We have no money as does no other club in this division. Why if transfer fees are do important is the one player who cost a fee not even in the team?

What do you think of David Bell?

rupert_bear

What a cock-eyed comparison !!
We (SISU) are presently, refusing to pay an agreement, probably a legal agreement, running up a debt which may cut across football league rules or these fair play rules who knows what consequences that might bring and also going against a legal judgement by a court of the land, possibly resulting in more consequences, what the fuck signing Leon Best on a freebie has to do with that is beyond me.

Users who are viewing this thread