Notts County in turmoil (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Be careful what you wish for - if we dont sort the Stadium out we could be playing Notts County next season in the National League!
What a fucking mess for BOTH clubs!

For basically every other club eventually a white knight comes along, the owner gets fed up and goes away and they rebuild. That will eventually happen for Notts, probably not for us

Nick

Administrator
It's interesting that people now want him out, not long ago he was their savour. Interacting with the fans, throwing loads of money in etc.

Spent a fair whack in the summer.

Just shows how fickle and results based it is that makes a "bad owner".

Sick Boy

It wasn’t long ago we had some on here trying to claim that renting a stadium was a big plus for a football club haha

Nick

Administrator
Looks like they might be heading for admin.

Are all of their debts to the owner?

Looks like they are 5 points from safety at the minute, do they take the administration and points deduction now and come back up next year or try and save up and start with one next season? I guess the timing of the actual administration depends on when the points are taken?

fernandopartridge

Looks like they might be heading for admin.

Are all of their debts to the owner?

Looks like they are 5 points from safety at the minute, do they take the administration and points deduction now and come back up next year or try and save up and start with one next season? I guess the timing of the actual administration depends on when the points are taken?

I don't think the league looks kindly on timing administration at a point where it seems immaterial, suggestion is that the points deduction is delayed to the next season. That said, not sure how it would work between the EFL and the national league.

oucho

It wasn’t long ago we had some on here trying to claim that renting a stadium was a big plus for a football club haha
IF IF IF that stadium haemorrhages money, then yes it is a plus not to own it. By renting you would be insulated from having the fund the losses of the stadium; instead, you pay a single fee for use it.

MalcSB

Who deducts the points? If it’s our friends the EFL, if notts county get relegated they won’t be in the EFL will they? Different matter perhaps if it’s the FA,

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I thought they changed the rules as some team made sure they were safe then went into admin. I think there is a cut off date whereby if it’s before the points are taken this season, and past it, it’s next season

SkyBlueCRJ

Bombed out of the play-offs. Shit summer transfer window. Dick pic scandal. Potential administration.

Getting kicked out of the EFL doesn't even seem that bad when you look at how shite their season has been.

SBAndy

Very sad to see this happening to a historic club like Notts County. Hope they come out the other side.

I seem to have missed where their financial issues came from. Did they essentially overspend in the chase for promotion last season? Nevertheless, don’t want to see them go under.

SkyBlueCRJ

I seem to have missed where their financial issues came from. Did they essentially overspend in the chase for promotion last season? Nevertheless, don’t want to see them go under.

I think their wage bill is pretty significant. They've brought in some pretty 'high profile' players for League Two, over the past two seasons at least.

Covstu

Wonder how much Doyle is costing them! They did seem to go through a period of having a lot of players who were in the latter period of their careers which probably held heavy salaries. Hope they come out of it.

SkyBlueCRJ

Wonder how much Doyle is costing them! They did seem to go through a period of having a lot of players who were in the latter period of their careers which probably held heavy salaries. Hope they come out of it.

Stead, Forte, Ameobi, Doyle, Vaughan, Ward just to name a few over the past two seasons.

kg82

Don’t think the thing a few years back when they were basically conned into thinking they had loads of money and brought in Sven to manage them helped.

higgs

Hope we have received the transfer fee for Doyle

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ashdown

Mismanagement once again. I remember going to Meadow Lane back in the late 80's when we were both in Division 1, I think we lost 1-0. Just don't want to see it happen, as I keep saying the money spread in the game and often the mentality of the Millennial generation is driving all the riches to the top. I'm sure I heard of a major financial investment at Forest today, so salt in the wounds there too.

fernandopartridge

Mismanagement once again. I remember going to Meadow Lane back in the late 80's when we were both in Division 1, I think we lost 1-0. Just don't want to see it happen, as I keep saying the money spread in the game and often the mentality of the Millennial generation is driving all the riches to the top. I'm sure I heard of a major financial investment at Forest today, so salt in the wounds there too.

The 'millennial generation' are not the suits who designed the Premier League, Champions League etc and run the football federations and which support and enable the wealth concentration at the top.

AStonesThrow

The problem is, everything Alan Hardy owns is going to shit. His company Paragon Interiors has also gone into administration, having experienced their lack of money first hand (owed my friends company £10,000 before Christmas from the start of the year), they/he really has struggled financially. So really he's gotta choose between the two, sell one asset to keep the other afloat. Where Notts County are a financial sinking ship, at least he makes a semi-regular income off paragon

Gint11

The issue is that the owner's company who were bankrolling it is in administration.

The owner of Notts County also owns Paragon Interiors who have gone into administration this week affecting 90 jobs.

Nick

Administrator
The 'millennial generation' are not the suits who designed the Premier League, Champions League etc and run the football federations and which support and enable the wealth concentration at the top.

That's the thing, you put all that money there and people will throw money to try and get to it. Then when it all goes wrong, they have big debts they cant pay.

Como

Makes you wonder how many Clubs are on the edge, if you rely on the owner to subsidise you, well what happens when the next major crash comes along.

SkyBlueCRJ

Saw an interesting video on You Tube detailing the highest earner in every League Two club this season. Not surprising but it claimed Notts County's Vaughan was at the top on £5k per week. That's huge wages for a League Two side to be offering. No wonder they're in the shit.

Terry Gibson's perm

Saw an interesting video on You Tube detailing the highest earner in every League Two club this season. Not surprising but it claimed Notts County's Vaughan was at the top on £5k per week. That's huge wages for a League Two side to be offering. No wonder they're in the shit.

Who was it in our league Cattermole?

SkyBlueCRJ

Who was it in our league Cattermole?

It just focused on League Two clubs so I was just intrigued. I'm sure there would be a League One 'highest earners' video though. Sunderland will easily come out on top in that one though. I actually think Aiden McGeady's wages pip Cattermole's. Reportedly McGeady is on £31K and Cattermole is on £25K.

EDIT: Scrap that Cattermole is on 40K

Terry Gibson's perm

It just focused on League Two clubs so I was just intrigued. I'm sure there would be a League One 'highest earners' video though. Sunderland will easily come out on top in that one though. I actually think Aiden McGeady's wages pip Cattermole's. Reportedly McGeady is on £31K and Cattermole is on £25K

They must be desperate for promotion at those figures

Users who are viewing this thread