Notts County in turmoil (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Michael Appleton will most likely get the job

covcity4life

Academy player a must be technical right? Think real men's football tackles shows you have to be brave mentally to play it nice.

Our kids not learnt that yet

covcity4life

This is where I worry about robin's

Will we come out all guns blazing to win? Or not Eid same till a slight flurry in last 10 mins?

I would rather have a go and lose 3 nil then play it safe to keep it as it is.

Come on cov. Get fucking attacking

Mucca Mad Boys

Would have been us if we’d lost in the playoffs.

Football really is a game of fine margins!

Disagreed somewhat. As someone mentioned earlier, Notts County overspent massively last season chasing promotion. Whereas, we’ve mostly sorted out our finances to the point where we’re breaking-even.

You’d think we could’ve kept most of the team together (McNulty and Bayliss would’ve left probably). But, thinking about what would’ve happened had we failed to get promotion isn’t one that sits comfortably with myself. The thought of lingering in L2 for several seasons like Bradford, Portsmouth and Luton (before dropping out of the EFL) is something I’m glad we avoided.

The trouble signs were there for Notts County, having got off to an impressive start last season, things tailed off in the second half of that season. Not too dissimilar to ourselves under Mowbray. Notts County bottled not making the automatics and they’re paying for it this season.

It is a shame, always liked Notts County — it’s just their manager was a tit.

Fergusons_Beard

Just as a complete random..

They are the oldest football league club but if they got relegated who would take their place as the oldest football league club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

steve82

Disagreed somewhat. As someone mentioned earlier, Notts County overspent massively last season chasing promotion. Whereas, we’ve mostly sorted out our finances to the point where we’re breaking-even.

You’d think we could’ve kept most of the team together (McNulty and Bayliss would’ve left probably). But, thinking about what would’ve happened had we failed to get promotion isn’t one that sits comfortably with myself. The thought of lingering in L2 for several seasons like Bradford, Portsmouth and Luton (before dropping out of the EFL) is something I’m glad we avoided.

The trouble signs were there for Notts County, having got off to an impressive start last season, things tailed off in the second half of that season. Not too dissimilar to ourselves under Mowbray. Notts County bottled not making the automatics and they’re paying for it this season.

It is a shame, always liked Notts County — it’s just their manager was a tit.

Notts county invested again tho this summer, probably one of the most active sides investing out of league two in terms of recruitment with Lincoln in another push.

It’s all gone horribly wrong for them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skybluegod

This is where I worry about robin's

Will we come out all guns blazing to win? Or not Eid same till a slight flurry in last 10 mins?

I would rather have a go and lose 3 nil then play it safe to keep it as it is.

Come on cov. Get fucking attacking

Disagree, Mowbray did that, Pressley did that, both ended badly. Taking a balanced approach is the right way.

Edit: Didn't realise you meant the Match thread

steve82

The left back who really impressed in the play offs Dan Jones has not been seen in the match day side since a red card at the start of September

Mucca Mad Boys

Notts county invested again tho this summer, probably one of the most active sides investing out of league two in terms of recruitment with Lincoln in another push.

It’s all gone horribly wrong for them

The optimistic side of me think we’d have been ok had we failed to get promoted.

My comparison was mainly relating to the form of Notts County, where they were comfortably in the top 2 for most of the season and ended up finishing 5th. Whilst that’s not a disaster, you could certainly say that was a sign things were going to go downhill. Especially in hindsight.

From the outside looking in, it seems like their board are intent on picking up ‘big name’ managers with little experience, which is probably not a wise thing to do if you have aspirations of promotion and are overspending as much as they are.

It would be a shame to see them go down!

fernandopartridge

The left back who really impressed in the play offs Dan Jones has not been seen in the match day side since a red card at the start of September

He impressed in the first leg but got comprehensively destroyed in the second. I had a read of their forum and they don't seem to rate him and he was apparently in terrible form at the beginning of the season.

steve82

The optimistic side of me think we’d have been ok had we failed to get promoted.

My comparison was mainly relating to the form of Notts County, where they were comfortably in the top 2 for most of the season and ended up finishing 5th. Whilst that’s not a disaster, you could certainly say that was a sign things were going to go downhill. Especially in hindsight.

From the outside looking in, it seems like their board are intent on picking up ‘big name’ managers with little experience, which is probably not a wise thing to do if you have aspirations of promotion and are overspending as much as they are.

It would be a shame to see them go down!

Yeah I see your points and comparisons.

Could you imagine the state of the club and fan base had we of failed last year, McNulty would of gone over the summer still. 10 games in we are poor not up to expectations and MR gets the boot, new gaffer comes in and gets nothing from the group and we’re 3rd bottom in league two having now sacked manager no 2 of the season.

Situation is unthinkable.

I think the gamble was Kewell’s appointment but then any appointment is a gamble to a underperforming side of not your players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

Yeah I see your points and comparisons.

Could you imagine the state of the club and fan base had we of failed last year, McNulty would of gone over the summer still. 10 games in we are poor not up to expectations and MR gets the boot, new gaffer comes in and gets nothing from the group and we’re 3rd bottom in league two having now sacked manager no 2 of the season.

Situation is unthinkable.

I think the gamble was Kewell’s appointment but then any appointment is a gamble to a underperforming side of not your players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankfully, we don’t have to think about it because we got promoted and we’re doing well in L1 right now!

Last season we were consistent under Robins, in fact, we’ve always been consistent in both this spells here. Robins is a switched on manager and things just seem to click with him at the club. Not imperfect, but he’s probably the best man out there for the job at the minute. Which suggests we weren’t going to enter (yet another) steep decline. It was certainly a possibility, and the mood would’ve been absolutely toxic had we done a Notts County.

But, who cares about L2, we’re enjoying pushing for L1 playoffs right now!

steve82

Unbelievably Kevin Nolan looks to be rejoining!

*daily mail claim

Mcbean

yep who cares - We are 8th in the league above - not shooting above our ability - it would have been desperate if we were not promoted - we performed well enough to get through and now pushing at our current ability level PUSB - there will be rises and falls

fernandopartridge

Unbelievably Kevin Nolan looks to be rejoining!

*daily mail claim

The odds on him reduced considerably hence the DM story I think. I believe Notts County have done this before, sacked a manager to reinstate in the same season!

steve82

If they had any sense they would go for Neil Ardley who done a fantastic job at Wimbledon! getting them out of that division!

Plays a similar way to Nolan and that’s likely the type of manager they need to get the best out of his players, simple and direct.

steve82

88th min equaliser by Kevin Ellison for Morecambe puts them back into the bottom 2

I like Notts County as a club, it was just a shame about Nolan the knob.
A bit like Posh at the moment and that horrible fat twat, cant wait till the 16th March. Yet I dont hate Posh just him.

Users who are viewing this thread